MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

11 minutes ago, waitingisfun said:

I saw this on the Cornell Graduate Art Admissions page, "Interviews are not required as part of the initial application process; however, shortlisted candidates will be asked to interview either in person or via Skype" and then I read something about how they notify applicants by phone of acceptance in late March or early April. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Hey yes I know they have a shortlist and apparently they've already interviewed people :'(

2 hours ago, ackno said:

got a graduate program info packet from saic today. was assuming it was an acceptance and FinAid info packet (not being presumptuous but why would they send a huge cardboard rejection lol) rather than the thing they oddly already sent my mom a month ago. ugh! 

Hi! First time logging in and posting here, but I had this happen to me as well! I applied/interviewed at SAIC for film/video, had a solid interview, felt very good leaving (I had a faculty member look me in the eye and say “to be continued” in a knowing way), and was waiting for something to be sent sometime last week. Thursday I saw the package and was like holy shit this must be it, but it was an advert mailer for the programs I’d already applied to. I emailed them, and will check back in if I hear back but I definitely got that as well. 

Some info I got on interview day that others might be interested in re SAIC.... i also interviewed for sculpture and was told by the dean of grad studies that the film department had essentially made their decisions on 2/17, and that sculpture would be having a meeting on 2/19 and 2/20 to determine who they wanted to admit. Don’t know about other depts, obviously photo and some of the other departments have been quick to get their word out, but figured I’d chime in for once

14 minutes ago, Creech said:

Hi! First time logging in and posting here, but I had this happen to me as well! I applied/interviewed at SAIC for film/video, had a solid interview, felt very good leaving (I had a faculty member look me in the eye and say “to be continued” in a knowing way), and was waiting for something to be sent sometime last week. Thursday I saw the package and was like holy shit this must be it, but it was an advert mailer for the programs I’d already applied to. I emailed them, and will check back in if I hear back but I definitely got that as well. 

Some info I got on interview day that others might be interested in re SAIC.... i also interviewed for sculpture and was told by the dean of grad studies that the film department had essentially made their decisions on 2/17, and that sculpture would be having a meeting on 2/19 and 2/20 to determine who they wanted to admit. Don’t know about other depts, obviously photo and some of the other departments have been quick to get their word out, but figured I’d chime in for once

sounds like a bloody good interview! All the best! :)

On 10/15/2017 at 3:42 PM, amberf95 said:

Have applied to :

Notre Dame

Ohio State University

USF

Planning on also applying to UCLA and maybe Portland State.

Graduating UW Seattle  in 2018.  Excited and trying not to get my hopes up....

Did you hear from Notre Dame?

1 hour ago, Creech said:

Hey I got that advert mailer as well! Quite thick as well. Strange given I received it once already. 

6 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

did anyone get an email from ucla yesterday night confirming their application?

4 minutes ago, Rennnnn said:

I got one, and I was like reading the email for three times to make sure it was not a rejection...

I didn't get one. Hope that isn't a bad sign :mellow:

Although my program was Design | Media Arts. Whats yours?

1 hour ago, Quavo said:

What is the average timeline like from interview to notification?

I received an interview invite from Boston U on Feb. 2, and my interview was on Feb. 22. They are going to let me know their decision by March 1!

I can't say for sure that this is normal because it's the only interview request I have received so far. Hope this helps!

Edited by cme000
forgot to add part of answer