MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

7 hours ago, cklos said:

Accepted to Duke MFA in Experimental and Documentary Arts! O______O Was not expecting that!

Congrats! Seems like a pretty unique program. I haven't heard yet but I didn't finish my application til a day before the extended deadline, so hopefully soon! >.<

On 2/20/2018 at 8:09 PM, Twin Infinitives said:

I was offered a scholarship and it seemed as though there could possibly be more assistance yet to come.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, Nadds092 said:

Congrats!!! I got in as well, but I’m trying not to get too ahead of myself until the funding info comes, because that’s going to determine A lot. Did they tell how much it was for? I didn’t really get any numbers during my call.

Congratulations on you both! I just got in the program of SAIC photo too and I got a scholarship of 20% reduction in tuition.. It is actually not enough to cover my financial problem.. I was a little worried. It will be great if you can share some info on your scholarships. (Sorry if this quetion is personal and just ignore it )

And I was a little confused about the informations on the website. Some said that there is a full-tuition-covered scholarship for one student in each department. I am not sure if this is true.

@Quavo I am in the same boat as you. I had a Skype interview with the painting department at the end of January and haven't heard back since.  They did tell me results would be out 3-4 weeks from then so I am waiting out until this weekend.

Edited by D4A1G7
Grammatical error

9 hours ago, bubumas said:

Congratulations on you both! I just got in the program of SAIC photo too and I got a scholarship of 20% reduction in tuition.. It is actually not enough to cover my financial problem.. I was a little worried. It will be great if you can share some info on your scholarships. (Sorry if this quetion is personal and just ignore it )

And I was a little confused about the informations on the website. Some said that there is a full-tuition-covered scholarship for one student in each department. I am not sure if this is true.

Not sure how reliable this is, but a representative in the financial aid office let me know that it is unlikely that scholarships (combined merit and needs-based) would exceed 30-40% of total tuition costs. There is one full-tuition scholarship awarded to a student in each program per year (for the entire two years in the program). Guess that means we have a one in nine chance. I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Twin Infinitives

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/arts/design/thomas-roma-columbia-retires.html

A friend from the forums mentioned this to me and I thought I would share it with y'all. Photography professor at Columbia, Thomas Roma, has stepped down from the university. Read through the article to see why. Hope y'all who are interested in photography at Columbia know about this. 

12 hours ago, bubumas said:

I actually have NO clue, they mentioned me getting something but didn’t give me specifics as to what the dollar amount would be so I’m just waiting for the official letter to come and hopefully it’ll be clear on paper. I’m totally fine with being transparent once the official offer comes!

Has anyone who interviewed at SAIC for Sculpture received a decision (one way or another)? They said it would be a week or two but I see some Photo candidates have already gotten their news. 

I heard from RISD Sculpture today confirming that they have not made decisions yet, so if you haven't heard, you weren't necessarily rejected yet!

No word from Columbia sculpture and no change to my application status/online portal.

1 hour ago, Karisjns said:

Anyone heard from painting programs for:

Columbia

Pratt

RISD

Temple

Boston U

U of Washington

Columbia University, in New York, already sent out interview notifications over the phone. I got a call from the painting department on Feb. 4th and I have my interview scheduled next week. As far as I know no one has heard from the painting department at RISD, but other programs at the school have. 

Just found out I'm an alternate at OU in printmaking. Really disappointed because that was my top school. Still waiting to hear back from other programs.

Has anyone heard from: 

University of Iowa- Book Arts 

University of Tennessee- Printmaking 

Carnegie Mellon- Printmaking  

I just finished an conference call interview. I felt it was rushed and a little cold. It could be because they are cranking these out and they want to be sure their prospective students aren't total lunatics, but I'm wondering: how many of you have had a not-great interview but still got into the school? (Any school, I'm just curious if there's a connection at all)

has anyone interviewing for hunter received the packet to prepare for the interview? I haven't received it yet... but they said they would send it the 21st!! wtf people.. hahaha

@theway I haven't heard from Temple either, but I've seen that they have sent out interview requests a long time ago....  sad

7 minutes ago, charoarte said:

has anyone interviewing for hunter received the packet to prepare for the interview? I haven't received it yet... but they said they would send it the 21st!! wtf people.. hahaha

@theway I haven't heard from Temple either, but I've seen that they have sent out interview requests a long time ago....  sad

I just emailed Hunter for the same question this morning, but no response yet...:/