MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I am struggling with the waiting today! I just keep checking my analytics, this forum and my applications, even though I know it’s completely useless. 

Also I keep getting voicemails from spammers, a big increase since putting my number in MFA applications - has anyone else found that? 

7 hours ago, Tuesday04449 said:

I am struggling with the waiting today! I just keep checking my analytics, this forum and my applications, even though I know it’s completely useless. 

Also I keep getting voicemails from spammers, a big increase since putting my number in MFA applications - has anyone else found that? 

Mad feels on this^^^

Waiting is the worse and adding spamtastic vibes aren't helping

over half way through with applications! Had my interview w/ PSU earlier today via Google Hangouts--- so we'll see! Good luck to everyone!! 

Portland State University: MFA, Art and Social Practice: interview 1/23 
NYU: MA, Performance Studies: applied 
Bard: MFA, Sculpture: applied
Queens College: MFA, Social Practice: application due 3/1
Queens College: MA, Media Studies: application due 3/15

I finished my last application!

Trying to distract me as much as I can. This is my third round applying and seems like I got used to it. Not frantically checking my email and forum every 10 min.

Anyway, I’ll be staying in NY for the next couple of weeks and am looking for artist talks and discussions. But it seems like the info is scattered, and can’t find much online.

Could you give me any suggestions? 

hey all! 

so, i am applying to:

SCAD Design Management MFA
The New School Strategic Design & Management MS
Pratt Design Management MPS

Pratt just contacted me regarding the interview. Is the interview schedule around the similar time or is it differs greatly for different universities? Please advise :)

Here are two useful tools for people wondering about school timelines for accepting/rejecting candidates!

Grad Cafe has a feature where you can search your schools to see when applicants report being accepted, rejected, or interviewed (and if it was by phone, email, or snail mail): https://thegradcafe.com/survey

You can also check out the College Art Association's directory of graduate programs in the visual arts. They post an annual directory with over 300 art schools including info on admissions statistics, when you should hear back, etc: http://www.collegeart.org/pdf/publications/CAA-directory-visual-arts.pdf

Good luck everyone!

@Makerak When I applied three years ago I heard from RISD on the 19th of February.

@Rennnnn I also applied to SAIC for painting and have not heard from them, but people from other departments like performance and art & tech have already. I participated in their online Q&A and they said by Feb.1st we should find out if we will be scheduled for an interview. 

58 minutes ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

@Makerak When I applied three years ago I heard from RISD on the 19th of February.

@Rennnnn I also applied to SAIC for painting and have not heard from them, but people from other departments like performance and art & tech have already. I participated in their online Q&A and they said by Feb.1st we should find out if we will be scheduled for an interview. 

@Mr.PoopyButtHole wow RISD is sloooooowwww.

1 hour ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

Thank you so much for the information, and good luck!!!