Stacy_85

HKS 2018

Anyone's applied to the PhD program? 

I have just quickly gone through this thread and found out about the HKS admissions blog. They mentioned that the financial aid application is completely independent of the application process and that we need to have applied by Feb 9 if we want to be considered for fellowships at HKS... Given that I've obviously missed the deadline, does that mean that even if I am miraculously admitted, I will not be funded in any case? :ph34r:

Edit: Never mind, I've just found that webpage where they mentioned that PhD applicants are automatically considered for fellowships when their applications are reviewed. Phew...!! I was quite panicked, lol... I guess the financial aid application is for Masters programs (?).

Edited by Cookiz

On ‎18‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 8:47 AM, Cookiz said:

Anyone's applied to the PhD program? 

I have just quickly gone through this thread and found out about the HKS admissions blog. They mentioned that the financial aid application is completely independent of the application process and that we need to have applied by Feb 9 if we want to be considered for fellowships at HKS... Given that I've obviously missed the deadline, does that mean that even if I am miraculously admitted, I will not be funded in any case? :ph34r:

Edit: Never mind, I've just found that webpage where they mentioned that PhD applicants are automatically considered for fellowships when their applications are reviewed. Phew...!! I was quite panicked, lol... I guess the financial aid application is for Masters programs (?).

As far as I know, all admitted PhD students get a free ride plus a stipend. They are also admitted through Harvard GSAS (not HKS) which is significantly better endowed, I believe. Getting into that program is, however, significantly harder than MPP/MPA etc. as the legend goes.

Got it, thanks for your thoughts on this! Right, one of my recommenders told me (a few days before the application deadline, lol) that the HKS PhD program usually admits its own (MPP) students... Well, I'll cross my fingers and wait for the admission results then...!