HKS 2018

Stacy_85

16 minutes ago, Prester John said:

Any updates anyone? Both Matt and this forum had been unusually silent over the last few days!

Nope. I've sent most of my hopes of a decision coming out this week in a boat, LOL. I really don't know what to think. I was hoping for a decision by Wednesday but that seems unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Prester John said:

This week seems to be out of question. Combining admissions and finaid decisions would have been an extra strain on the crew. I am working on the external scholarships for my other admit, Columbia to kill time!

Wednesday, March 14. I'm telling you.

8 minutes ago, rapswell said:

Have been watching this thread for a while - as an FYI, I had my fellowship interview Friday. The executive director of the fellowship said admissions and aid decisions would be out this Mon, Tues, or Weds.

That would be nice but I only believe it, when I see it.

22 minutes ago, rapswell said:

Have been watching this thread for a while - as an FYI, I had my fellowship interview Friday. The executive director of the fellowship said admissions and aid decisions would be out this Mon, Tues, or Weds.

That would be GREAT! Doesn't seem to comport with the blog though, given how we haven't seen the admit/deny/wl posts yet. Is this for MPA?

My hopes are burgeoning, ugh.

On 3/3/2018 at 5:12 AM, apply2017 said:

Congrats on getting the interview!  Which fellowship is this btw?

Wasn't gonna share which one because #paranoid haha. 

I, along with several others, will interview tomorrow. Supposedly this particular fellowship will have individuals find out their admission status mid-week and they'll then find out whether they received the fellowship at the end of the week. That was before the change in the financial aid reporting at HKS, however, so I don't know if that will be the case this time. 

Edited by Damis

I think they will be releasing admits and finaid together. There is one crucial difference in this years admissions. For the fellowship interviews, some kind of a shortlist would have been required( I believe all who got interviewed will be getting in). That means the shortlist would have been prepared at least 2 weeks before. Now it’s only finalising on the finaid and making the final list. 

I don’t know whether this is of any significance but the admits for public health was out last Friday 

10 minutes ago, Prester John said:

I think they will be releasing admits and finaid together. There is one crucial difference in this years admissions. For the fellowship interviews, some kind of a shortlist would have been required( I believe all who got interviewed will be getting in). That means the shortlist would have been prepared at least 2 weeks before. Now it’s only finalising on the finaid and making the final list. 

I don’t know whether this is of any significance but the admits for public health was out last Friday 

Yes, according to my friends at the school a short list is always generated. Supposedly, the CPL committees only receive essays from those who were admitted. Logically, it makes sense. I still won't believe I'm in until I receive official notification though. ? What if I bomb the interview, for instance, and CPL tells HKS that they probably shouldn't admit me!? ?

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Prester John said:

I'm down with results Friday.

4 minutes ago, Damis said:

Yes, according to my friends at the school a short list is always generated. Supposedly, the CPL committees only receive essays from those who were admitted. Logically, it makes sense. I still won't believe I'm in until I receive official notification though. ? What if I bomb the interview, for instance, and CPL tells HKS that they probably shouldn't admit me!? ?

Good luck!

I'm sure that very rarely happens. The short lists are supposed to be...short. LOL. Just don't have the interview the equivalent of a 1 (Critical Fail in DND) and you'll be fine. Please let us know when you get in!

Don't want to add further anxiety, but I noticed that my HKS application status page looks different today - no longer any text above the Admissions and Financial Aid toggle buttons. Anyone else seeing a similar change?

There were similar technical changes noted in last year's HKS admissions thread, but nothing that correlated with decisions. Probably just Matt and his team prepping the site for decision day (hopefully soon)!