HKS 2018

Stacy_85

I had my interview yesterday and wasn't told anything in regards to when things may be completed on the admissions side. 

I still think this week may be too tight a turn around given that HKS has changed the FA timeline. I received notification that I was a finalist last week. I don't know where CPL is in regards to the other fellowships, but there were members of my panel who would probably be present on the panels of every interviewee. 

Finally, I haven't checked my FA portal today, but last I did there was no counselor assigned. Obviously if I luck into admission AND receive a fellowship, my FA situation would be much different than someone who received no aid, for instance. So what I would say is there are a bunch of factors behind why someone may not be "assigned" a counselor. I also know that Matt and his team really value the integrity of this process. I HIGHLY doubt he would let something like this slip up on his end, which could obviously point one way or another to admission. 

Yes. They have only ASSIGNED the counselor; they haven’t put us in contact with the counselor. This means it’s a grouping technique not a filtering technique. 

So those of you with no counselors needn’t worry :)

4 minutes ago, Damis said:

I had my interview yesterday and wasn't told anything in regards to when things may be completed on the admissions side. 

I still think this week may be too tight a turn around given that HKS has changed the FA timeline. I received notification that I was a finalist last week. I don't know where CPL is in regards to the other fellowships, but there were members of my panel who would probably be present on the panels of every interviewee. 

Finally, I haven't checked my FA portal today, but last I did there was no counselor assigned. Obviously if I luck into admission AND receive a fellowship, my FA situation would be much different than someone who received no aid, for instance. So what I would say is there are a bunch of factors behind why someone may not be "assigned" a counselor. I also know that Matt and his team really value the integrity of this process. I HIGHLY doubt he would let something like this slip up on his end, which could obviously point one way or another to admission. 

Which CPL fellowship were you interviewed for? Any idea about the other CPL fellowships?

I assume admissions and financial aid are working independently this year to speed up the process. I think Matt and his team decide who should be admitted and the financial aid compile a list of their own independently from the admissions crew. So, I decided not to be worried by changes to the status page. 

6 minutes ago, pumpkinturbo said:

i hate to add to the reading of tea leaves, but i'm curious: for those who have been assigned a counselor, does it say (Active) next to their name?

oh.. my neck hurts.. hahaha 

All those changes have to mean something. 

Simple google search ... KS for MPA and EA for MPP and MPA

Source:

https://admissions.hks.harvard.edu/www/documents/Financial_Certification_AY2018.pdf

I think prester john is right, we will all be assigned FCs before they release the result !!!

Good luck everyone ...  I admit it is a bit unnerving, but then that is the exciting bit that we will remember when we tell our stories to the next generations irrespective of our successes or failures :)