HKS 2018

Stacy_85

Looks like we have at least 3 blog posts to go, but we shouldn’t assume they will post 20+ entries in this series. In 2016 there were only 15 posts but the last 3 were the same as in 2017: admitted decision description, the post about reading each name individually (could see this one getting skipped), and then the post announcing the release of decisions. So probably Wednesday. Ahhhh!!! 

13 minutes ago, pumpkinturbo said:

Looks like we have at least 3 blog posts to go, but we shouldn’t assume they will post 20+ entries in this series. In 2016 there were only 15 posts but the last 3 were the same as in 2017: admitted decision description, the post about reading each name individually (could see this one getting skipped), and then the post announcing the release of decisions. So probably Wednesday. Ahhhh!!! 

Lol. I think we can expect the ‘admitted’ post on Monday, hopefully. The wait had been really bad. Both hks and WWS have overshot their last years dates

13 minutes ago, tropisk_winter said:

There's a snowstorm heading to Boston on Tuesday -- I hope that doesn't mean decisions are delayed a day! 

You've gotta be kidding me. That's a Nor'easter every week for the past three weeks for us! This better be a sign of good luck!

4 minutes ago, lackey said:

You've gotta be kidding me. That's a Nor'easter every week for the past three weeks for us! This better be a sign of good luck!

I live in New England (assuming you do, too!) and ya it's definitely been a lot for us these past few weeks! I wonder if the admissions team is able to work from home. Another program I applied to delayed releasing financial aid decisions by a few days because of all these Nor'easters, so I'm nervous! Fingers crossed for Wednesday or sooner :) 

4 minutes ago, tropisk_winter said:

I live in New England (assuming you do, too!) and ya it's definitely been a lot for us these past few weeks! I wonder if the admissions team is able to work from home. Another program I applied to delayed releasing financial aid decisions by a few days because of all these Nor'easters, so I'm nervous! Fingers crossed for Wednesday or sooner :) 

Yup, near Boston actually. My bus went by HKS yesterday so that was nerve-wracking...

8 minutes ago, tropisk_winter said:

I hate to be pessimistic, but honestly it's going to be a tough commute on Tuesday if these forecasts come true... https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/03/11/more-snow-coming-our-way-thousands-remain-without-power/Vh3IroieEmr7Peq1QZmwJM/story.html

Maybe this will push them to finish tomorrow. I can dream, can't I? 

On 3/7/2017 at 5:00 PM, Obecalp said:

Twas the Day 'Fore Admissions

'Twas the day 'fore admissions, and all through the forum,
Not a person was working, they'd built quite a quorum. 
Their essays were written, with pride and with care, 
But would they get in? Not a one was aware. 

They paced through their offices and homes oh so stressed, 
While their little hearts beated away in their chests.
They gnawed at their nails and rended their flesh,
They rapped on their keyboards, and tapped at refresh. 

An email arrived! The time! It has come!
Oh, no, wait, it's just a letter from mum. 
"Ugh, Mom!" they did shout. "Can't you see that I wait?
For a letter from Harvard to come on this date?"

And far off in Cambridge, the admissions committee,
Laughed and sneered and guffawed without pity.
They sipped on their mai tais and laughed at the plebs,
"Having fun waiting, you dorks and you dweebs?"

But at last they decided, long enough they had waited, 
They'd read and reread, discussed and debated.
They gave off a shout and it rang through the city
"Behold a decree from the admissions committee!"

They turned to the students at The Grad Cafe
Who'd fretted and talked, and stopped working all day,
"We think you're quite swell, and you're so very cool
Welcome to Harvard's John F. Kennedy School!"

This was shared last year by one of the applicants. I found it so great and cool I had to share it xD

Have been reading all your posts since long. Thank you all for making the wait process bearable!

I have applied to MPA-ID but my admission portal has not changed. It still has all the contact info. Is there any MPA-ID whose portal has changed?

Thank you!

36 minutes ago, hks mpa id said:

Have been reading all your posts since long. Thank you all for making the wait process bearable!

I have applied to MPA-ID but my admission portal has not changed. It still has all the contact info. Is there any MPA-ID whose portal has changed?

Thank you!

Still the same for me too.