HKS 2018

Stacy_85

14 minutes ago, mpaer said:

I wonder what the grouping works like. we are all in different programs

probably alphabetical. I also wouldn't be surprised if they have a designated person/people for international applicants, since there's a whole set of additional financial statements they need to complete. with so many of us being assigned counselors it's starting to seem like it is not a sign of admission, but at the same time it seems bizarre to me to show a name (with or without contact info) to people who might be rejected. sigh - maybe we all got in! :)

lol, i am pretty sure not all of us got through. it might just work out easier for them to assign randomly so all accepted candidates can get financial aid info at the same time as their admit. decisions

11 minutes ago, Prester John said:

More than that, the last blog post has poured cold water on our expectations! 2 more posts in that series is remaining!

Waitlist post tomorrow...acceptance post Friday!?  :lol:

43 minutes ago, mppmd2018 said:

No waitlist blog entry for March 8th, is it safe to assume that decisions will not be released this week?

All decisions are supposed to come out together. No? 

25 minutes ago, CFGauß said:

Waitlist posting tomorrow, some random filler on Monday, admitted posting on Tuesday and results on Wednesday

Yeah, I have to go with you on this one. Disappointed but if I get admitted (looooong shot), a few days difference won't matter. 

I feel sort of like Frodo and Sam getting the ring to Mordor in that rough stretch of Return of the King. Hope slowly fading LOL.

10 minutes ago, lackey said:

I feel sort of like Frodo and Sam getting the ring to Mordor in that rough stretch of Return of the King. 

This spurred a weird mental image of Sean Astin guiding Matt's hand as he signs admissions letters with triumphant strings swelling in the background. 

I also feel it'd be too hard to get accepted into HKS, yet there is always a tiny bit of hope xD

But I feel particularly bummed today. I received news form Sanford, Duke and was placed on their wait list. Not a rejection, but it makes me wonder how differently HKS will look at my application. :(