HKS 2018

Stacy_85

46 minutes ago, frankfurtercardozo said:

Yes, everyone gets this email. 

Has everyone also received a message on MYFAID with details about your financial aid counselor? 

no:) its becoming very tough to wait ! hope we'll all get in IA

Edited by mpa-applicant

5 minutes ago, MPA__Applicant said:

Interesting. Which program did you apply?

MPA/ID. 

But there is no point reading too much into this because it can easily be a random assignment to all applicants and the rejects just get weeded out shortly. 

I believe all have been assigned with a financial aid mentor. No separate email was sent regarding this. I just got a mail yesterday regarding the MYFAID login details. In the home page they have provided the name of the mentor along with contact details.

30 minutes ago, poefan said:

I believe all have been assigned with a financial aid mentor. No separate email was sent regarding this. I just got a mail yesterday regarding the MYFAID login details. In the home page they have provided the name of the mentor along with contact details.

Same for me. I think everyone gets a mentor assigned randomly (or will be assigned soon)

9 hours ago, zore said:

Don't want to add further anxiety, but I noticed that my HKS application status page looks different today - no longer any text above the Admissions and Financial Aid toggle buttons. Anyone else seeing a similar change?

God level observation. Was there some text earlier? I seem to forget but yes nothing above those toggle buttons now. I thank God for keeping me super busy this week at work. Otherwise this thread will kill me with anxiety. All the best to all.

No changes to admission portal but have been assigned a  counselor in the MYFAID portal. I was a part of the last year hks group in gradcafe and can surely say that changes or no changes are insignificant to one being accepted or rejected. It just signifies that results would be out soon and changes are being made to our portals. All the best to all.

7 minutes ago, poefan said:

No changes to admission portal but have been assigned a  counselor in the MYFAID portal. I was a part of the last year hks group in gradcafe and can surely say that changes or no changes are insignificant to one being accepted or rejected. It just signifies that results would be out soon and changes are being made to our portals. All the best to all.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you this year!

As per my observation, it’s the MPA & MPA/ID applicants who have been updated with the counsellor. The MPP applicants are yet to be. This is also because both these courses have separate “teams” to handle it, & if you remember even the grievance redressal Email IDs were different for the two: MPP was appstatus@harvard while for MPA & MPA/ID it was something else.

So essentially, nothing to worry about I’m sure!

21 minutes ago, brown queer said:

As per my observation, it’s the MPA & MPA/ID applicants who have been updated with the counsellor. The MPP applicants are yet to be. This is also because both these courses have separate “teams” to handle it, & if you remember even the grievance redressal Email IDs were different for the two: MPP was appstatus@harvard while for MPA & MPA/ID it was something else.

So essentially, nothing to worry about I’m sure!

Good observation! Thank you!

Applied for the MPP, strong recommendation letters, strong SOP, and professional experience. Didn't apply for FAID because I have an external source of scholarship. Hoping for the best, but I don't expect I will get in - and I don't know the reason either because admission is not predictable based on these known factors. Good luck for everyone!

14 hours ago, frankfurtercardozo said:

Further, any idea when the Japan World Bank Scholarship results are likely to be declared? 

A present JJ/WB scholar had informed me some time back that the results for MPA/ID partner program are released a week after HKS discloses its financial aid results. If the admission and financial aid results are declared later this week, then you can expect to hear back from JJ/WB next week. Fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, veronicaaaaa said:

Definitely won't come out today, I'm dying to know if Dubin and Gietsman Fellowship interviews have already been carried out :( 

I’m curious too. Though if all fellowships are conducting interviews in March first week, they definitely must have been. 

18 minutes ago, veronicaaaaa said:

Definitely won't come out today, I'm dying to know if Dubin and Gietsman Fellowship interviews have already been carried out :( 

There was a post about some interviews today. I guess all invites had gone sometime back..