HKS 2018

Stacy_85

6 minutes ago, lackey said:

Welcome to Gradcafe! My text also has not changed. I don't think it's changed for many MPPs yet.

Thank you!!!

I really hope they release decisions this week, but as someone said before, they seem to follow a pattern... I'll go with Wednesday 14th.

4 minutes ago, HKSPY said:

Thank you!!!

I really hope they release decisions this week, but as someone said before, they seem to follow a pattern... I'll go with Wednesday 14th.

Yeah, I had overhyped myself for decisions coming out today, which seems laughable in retrospect. C'est la vie!

To retain sanity while waiting (partially for HKS but also a few other schools I’m really pumped about) I have tried to plan a lot of fun activities for the next week, and when I am forced to be by my computer or have idle time, I either listen to an awesome audiobook or set a timer for 20 min to an hour. Until the timer goes off I’m not allowed to check my email or touch my phone or visit grad cafe. It’s helped me stay calm and concentrated on my life despite a lot of uncertainty! I have found that I otherwise feel so overwhelmed that even if a decision comes and brings good news, I still have an inexplicable anxiety that feels permanently lodged in the pit of my stomach hah. 

Good luck to everyone else who feels like they are sometimes going to tear their hair out and remember that (insert dream school name here) is just one of many ways to achieve your goals!! 

4 minutes ago, wittgensteinsbladder said:

Same with me (also MPP). Seems a bit odd that they assign counselors to candidates they’re going to reject.

I didn't get assigned a counselor (at least not yet). Did you receive the notification via e-mail? or did you check directly in your MYFAID portal?

It’s there at the bottom of your MYFAID login. I got assigned one too.

Maybe they have a few counselors assigned to everyone? My counselor’s first name starts with E and second name with A. Anyone with the same one?

4 minutes ago, chocolatefulism said:

MPP here and no counselor assigned. I might be a bit pessimistic here but I feel as if this is a sign. Why would they be assigning counselors if you are not going to be admitted? On top of that, my FAID portal asked me to submit documentation of U.S. citizenship. I submitted it a while ago and have received a confirmation email. However, I checked my portal today and it still says it is missing. I feel like they have already abandoned my financial aid application.

I don’t think it works like that. The system won’t differentiate between admitted and other until it has been asked to. We have every reason to believe it has not been asked so far 

9 minutes ago, Prester John said:

I don’t think it works like that. The system won’t differentiate between admitted and other until it has been asked to. We have every reason to believe it has not been asked so far 

Agreed. It would be way too obvious a tip-off

It's all very mysterious! I agree that it'd be too obvious of a tip-off for them to not try to avoid that. However, these systems often have annoying quirks that users can't control.

We also shouldn't read too much into people not being assigned counselors yet, as they could be inputting that information as we speak for all applicants (the twitter notes that they had an early-morning meeting today).

In any case, it does seem odd to me that they would identify a specific contact for people who might not get in, because admissions offices get so many inquiries and HKS makes a point to direct people to the generic/departmental accounts and keep direct contact information (other than names on the Meet the Staff page) off the website and blog. 

Unless a significant number of people still don't have counselors in a day or two, I don't think we can interpret anything yet (other than that we're getting closer!!!)

Edited by pumpkinturbo