HKS 2018

Stacy_85

I've done a quick search on results for previous years and it seems that in 2015, the results were also reported on the second Wednesday of March (March 11). However, in 2014 it was March 13 (a Thursday), and the year before that was March 18 (Monday). I don't think it is conclusive yet, but it seems safe to say that it will be in the next 2-3 days. 

5 minutes ago, Nonprofitguy said:

I'm deferred student and it says financial aid information will be released on Friday, March 16. They also have a new admit video which is better than last year's. 

I didn't know they had admit videos, that's awesome! I guess that means admit by Friday. Do you have any idea if they're releasing admits and fin aid together? 

They've been planning to release both at the same time, but the blog post this year says:

"Information about financial aid is not communicated in an admission letter. A separate email will be sent to each admitted applicant from a financial aid counselor. Details concerning the timing of the email will be included in admission letters."

So it's possible that they will be released at almost, but not exactly, the same time. hoping for tomorrow! 

13 minutes ago, Jp.123 said:

Have been following this thread for a couple of days now and wanted to join the collective anxiety! I'm hoping decisions come out ASAP, I've never been this unproductive at work lol

hahaha. I can relate to this.

Here’s what I think must have went down:

> They had planned on releasing results on 14th March (Second Wednesday) as per ritual.

> 16th March was the financial aid decisions. Generally comes out in 48 hours too, as per other college’s standard operating procedures.

>Then comes the snow storm. Oops. Now they cannot have the name reading.

>Harvard is shut for one day & meanwhile Matt is working from home (On what, we might think?). Maybe it’s on Fin Aid. Maybe it’s the next blogs. Maybe it is post admission work. Maybe he’s replying to inquiry emails ffs.

>They decide to not keep the ritual and do justice to the process. So name reading will be done tomorrow now.

>Hence, final results on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Here’s what I think must have went down:

> They had planned on releasing results on 14th March (Second Wednesday) as per ritual.

> 16th March was the financial aid decisions. Generally comes out in 48 hours too, as per other college’s standard operating procedures.

>Then comes the snow storm. Oops. Now they cannot have the name reading.

>Harvard is shut for one day & meanwhile Matt is working from home (On what, we might think?). Maybe it’s on Fin Aid. Maybe it’s the next blogs. Maybe it is post admission work. Maybe he’s replying to inquiry emails ffs.

>They decide to not keep the ritual and do justice to the process. So name reading will be done tomorrow now.

>Hence, final results on Thursday.

They decide to not keep the ritual and do justice to the process. So name reading will be done tomorrow now.

Would they care about a one-day difference (releasing Friday)? Or am I misunderstanding the last two lines of your logic?

6 minutes ago, lackey said:

They decide to not keep the ritual and do justice to the process. So name reading will be done tomorrow now.

Would they care about a one-day difference (releasing Friday)? Or am I misunderstanding the last two lines of your logic?

Name reading on Wednesday. Decisions on Thursday. 

(very difficult to not mix time zones, I’m in Asia)

6 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Name reading on Wednesday. Decisions on Thursday. 

(very difficult to not mix time zones, I’m in Asia)

I understood that. I was talking about the fact that they probably wouldn't care about releasing Friday (1 day later than your prediction). Sorry if I wasn't clear.

5 minutes ago, lackey said:

I understood that. I was talking about the fact that they probably wouldn't care about releasing Friday (1 day later than your prediction). Sorry if I wasn't clear.

If they’ve slated 16th March for Financial aid, I highly doubt they’ll converge the two.. they’ll probably release admissions atleast a day before. Which is 15th. 

Or I could be wrong & they’d want to release both together. So we’re looking at 15th & 16th at the moment.

This could be wishful thinking, but what if the deferred students are on a different financial aid timeline? HKS could be releasing info for previously accepted students and 2018 accepted students in completely separate batches, meaning the Friday release date posted above could have no relationship to those of us waiting to hear back about admissions. 

Obviously I have no idea haha. I just want to believe there's still a chance we could hear sooner than Friday! 

9 minutes ago, brown queer said:

If they’ve slated 16th March for Financial aid, I highly doubt they’ll converge the two.. they’ll probably release admissions atleast a day before. Which is 15th. 

Or I could be wrong & they’d want to release both together. So we’re looking at 15th & 16th at the moment.

Funding (scholarship & fellowship) and financial aid have been handled separately by all the schools that have given me a decision. Therefore, could they announce funding and admissions decisions together and then financial aid information a few days later?

4 minutes ago, tropisk_winter said:

This could be wishful thinking, but what if the deferred students are on a different financial aid timeline? HKS could be releasing info for previously accepted students and 2018 accepted students in completely separate batches, meaning the Friday release date posted above could have no relationship to those of us waiting to hear back about admissions. 

Obviously I have no idea haha. I just want to believe there's still a chance we could hear sooner than Friday! 

I was thinking this too.

7 minutes ago, adow93 said:

Funding (scholarship & fellowship) and financial aid have been handled separately by all the schools that have given me a decision. Therefore, could they announce funding and admissions decisions together and then financial aid information a few days later?

Exactly what they might do. Fellowships and scholarships could even be incorporated into the admissions letter. Makes for a nice touch for a memorable admissions letter :)