HKS 2018

Stacy_85

How lovely! Congrats to those who got WWS! From what I’ve heard, WWS is more competitive because they take around 55 students for their MPA, as opposed to HKS MPP with over 150 (?) students. So if you got WWS, you should sail through Harvard if it’s MPP you applied for!

3 minutes ago, mppmd2018 said:

He has never done a post like this - a signing letters post. The last "pen post" was in a blog last year when he bought them and that was a month before admissions.

I just noticed that and can confirm based on my own sleuthing. My real question is whether Matt is going to sign the letters before decisions come out. If so it could be a while...

Ahh. Well if he's at the point where he's signing letters, that implies that the name reading is complete. So this may be as easy as updating their back-end system to reflect admission decisions on the front end. Although, if he has to stuff 150+ envelopes first, I doubt decisions come out today (assuming Matt is, indeed, the stuffer). 

5 minutes ago, lackey said:

I just noticed that and can confirm based on my own sleuthing. My real question is whether Matt is going to sign the letters before decisions come out. If so it could be a while...

Highly doubtful. They have to stuff the letters into folders too 

7 minutes ago, policyschool said:

Ahh. Well if he's at the point where he's signing letters, that implies that the name reading is complete. So this may be as easy as updating their back-end system to reflect admission decisions on the front end. Although, if he has to stuff 150+ envelopes first, I doubt decisions come out today (assuming Matt is, indeed, the stuffer). 

I promise, there’s some poor junior staff who will do it. I’m supposed to be literally doing the same thing right now instead of being on Harvard watch. ??

Edited by bumblybee

6 minutes ago, bumblybee said:

I promise, there’s some poor junior staff who will do it. I’m supposed to be literally doing the same thing right now instead of being on Harvard watch. ??

HAHAHA! This is too good!

Anyway, there's good evidence for both sides. He could be signing letters, meaning that name reading is done, and the results could come out today because admissions letters don't need to be signed by hand to be received electronically. Admissions letter could go out tomorrow to all those accepted and that wouldn't change the timeline for electronic updates. However, you could also argue this is just another part of the process that is done before sending out the results and we'll have to wait at least until tomorrow (pre 1:00 pm?) for our results on the webpage.

Either way, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!

5 minutes ago, adow93 said:

HAHAHA! This is too good!

Anyway, there's good evidence for both sides. He could be signing letters, meaning that name reading is done, and the results could come out today because admissions letters don't need to be signed by hand to be received electronically. Admissions letter could go out tomorrow to all those accepted and that wouldn't change the timeline for electronic updates. However, you could also argue this is just another part of the process that is done before sending out the results and we'll have to wait at least until tomorrow (pre 1:00 pm?) for our results on the webpage.

Either way, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!! (2)