HKS 2018

Stacy_85

I believe today's the day! But I am thinking it might be towards the end of the work day rather than 11am or 1pm (delay from snow day?). 

In any case, thank you to everyone here for making this process more bearable and sharing insight! good luck to you all :) 

Last two years:

names post 2017: decisions came out two days later on March 8

names post 2016: decisions came out one day later on March 9

Yes, these days were all Wednesday.

There's no way he can get through 2,000 names in a day. I guess I'm just pessimistic lol. Maybe it's not as hard as I think.

5 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Since they released name reading blog early does that not mean results could be late today too?

I mean, it could since decisions have gone out 2nd Wed. of the month. I hope they stay in late today. They typically don't release decisions after late morning/early afternoon but maybe they're as sick of this process as we are/want to beat Princeton.

6 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Also maybe we shouldnt correlate posting of blog to conduction of process? My point being may be names have been read already & this was just for information. 

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Precedent points both for and against a decision today. But we won't know for sure til the end of today.

21 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Also maybe we shouldnt correlate posting of blog to conduction of process? My point being may be names have been read already & this was just for information. 

I agree with this! But I think if we don't get results before 1pm, we are not getting them. I also don't think Princeton's deadline has any influence.

Another point to observe: They posted this blog early in the morning. Which means results might be later in the day. 

Had they planned on releasing results later, this blog post would have been made in the afternoon.

5 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Another point to observe: They posted this blog early in the morning. Which means results might be later in the day. 

Had they planned on releasing results later, this blog post would have been made in the afternoon.

Most blog posts I have received have been posted pretty early. I mostly get the email by 9:46 am and the post is online a while before that.

6 minutes ago, RealMowgli said:

Although emotionally preparing for decisions tomorrow, a sliver of me is hoping HKS mimics MIT undergrad admissions results and reports decisions today at 1:59pm in honor of pi day (3.14(1:59))

I forgot it's pi day. I got rejected from my dream college 4 years ago (ended up being a good thing) so hopefully HKS doesn't take a leaf out of that book LOL.

6 minutes ago, RealMowgli said:

Although emotionally preparing for decisions tomorrow, a sliver of me is hoping HKS mimics MIT undergrad admissions results and reports decisions today at 1:59pm in honor of pi day (3.14(1:59))

Previous years had been 1:00 PM...

It will be either at 1:00 PM or tomorrow. It can't be too late because I'm sure they get called for questions after admissions get released and someone has to be there to answer them. But even then, it is entirely possible it could be this Friday. Either way, we'll have a decision before the weekend comes.

5 minutes ago, mppmd2018 said:

It will be either at 1:00 PM or tomorrow. It can't be too late because I'm sure they get called for questions after admissions get released and someone has to be there to answer them. But even then, it is entirely possible it could be this Friday. Either way, we'll have a decision before the weekend comes.

I think you're hedging your bets a bit there haha. But yes, I agree with your central premise. If they don't come out before 1, I don't think they'll come until tomorrow.