2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

4 minutes ago, Neither Here Nor There said:

Has anyone gotten acceptance letters from universities in the afternoon, or is it generally only morning?

I got one of mine at like 6PM

3 hours ago, Xia1 said:

I got one of mine at like 6PM

6PM campus time? or 6PM your time? I'm sure each department is different so I'm not too concerned, but it seems like the time for the department sending out acceptances would be most useful.

14 minutes ago, Fregeskind said:

Looks like someone got a call today. Calling applicants seems very atypical for CMU. Biting nails here.

Fwiw, two CMU acceptances have been claimed on the applicants group on facebook, one via phone and the other via email (so it's genuine). 

1 hour ago, incredulous_stare said:

Which schools could we be hearing back from this week? 

A lot. Judging from previous years, the following will perhaps be sending out acceptances (but probably not rejections) this week: Yale, Harvard, UCSD, Colorado, UCLA, Wisconsin-Madison, and UNC-Chapel Hill.

OMG I just got a phone call from Michigan saying that I was admitted!!

But I was in a basement... in China (I am Chinese), and my voice couldn't get through and the professor hanged up the phone lol

I wrote an email to him and tried to dial back, but his line was busy.

Now I'm just freaking out thinking about whether they would just rescind the offer.

50 minutes ago, MarcelPr said:

OMG I just got a phone call from Michigan saying that I was admitted!!

But I was in a basement... in China (I am Chinese), and my voice couldn't get through and the professor hanged up the phone lol

I wrote an email to him and tried to dial back, but his line was busy.

Now I'm just freaking out thinking about whether they would just rescind the offer.

I wouldn't think so at all, they must expect some people not to be able to pick up!