NYC Grad Applicants Fall 2018

7 hours ago, Sga71494 said:

Yes I got an email, as well! I wasn't sure if it was generic and sent to every applicant, or if it was a good sign.. but praying for the best and still anxiously waiting for a decision :unsure:

I have not received an email from a graduate counselor, but I received my acceptance yesterday. I was planning on calling the department tomorrow because I did want to meet and talk with someone about the program and facilities. Should I wait to see if I get an email or should I call? I dont want to bombard the office. 

1 hour ago, hb2017 said:

I have not received an email from a graduate counselor, but I received my acceptance yesterday. I was planning on calling the department tomorrow because I did want to meet and talk with someone about the program and facilities. Should I wait to see if I get an email or should I call? I dont want to bombard the office. 

Congrats on your acceptance!! I think you should definitely give them a call, rather than wait for an email. 

On 1/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, slpgirl898 said:

I currently have a friend in her first year at Adelphi University, and she in the Sunday program if you have any questions regarding Adelphi, I can definitely ask her! 

I applied to the Sunday program as well and am waiting to hear back. If I get in, I would love to know your friend's thoughts about it!

On 2/4/2018 at 2:14 PM, slpli said:

Which programs are you applying to?

CUNY Hunter, CUNY Brooklyn, Molloy College, LIU Post, Adelphi University (and three more schools not in the area)

Where are you from?

Long Island

Stats:

GRE: 151 Quant. 152 Verbal. 4.5 AW

Cumulative GPA: 3.97, Major GPA: 3.97

4 strong LOR

Extracurriculars: NCAA student-athlete and e-board member of NSSLHA chapter

What are your biggest concerns about applications

My average GRE scores and the fact that I have no clinical or research experience. I have done extensive work with the special needs population so Im hoping this will make up for it. So far I have an interview at Emerson but I'm not sure what I should expect to hear from the other schools. Will the schools look at my application since I broke a 300 on the GRE or does it not matter? Does anyone have similar stats and applied to the same schools? Has anyone heard anything from these schools yet? What is my shot at getting into the CUNY's? 

When did you hear from Emerson regarding your interview offer? 

17 hours ago, slpgrad620 said:

Did anybody hear back from St. John’s yet? I saw one acceptance on the results page .. ?

I emailed them when I submitted my application in January, the admissions office said we wouldn't hear back earliest the end of feb and in march but I guess  they may be sending out decisions earlier than that so I guess keep on the look out! Im looking out for an email soon hopefully!

1 hour ago, slpgirl898 said:

I emailed them when I submitted my application in January, the admissions office said we wouldn't hear back earliest the end of feb and in march but I guess  they may be sending out decisions earlier than that so I guess keep on the look out! Im looking out for an email soon hopefully!

Thanks for the info! Hope to hear back soon with good news. Good luck to us both! 

I got accepted into Molloy so far :) 

The interview with Mercy is a group one (about 7 people ) and there is also a writing sample component.

There are a different mix of questions. and some all of you have to answer and others are addressed to each one individually.

there are 4-5 faculty that interview you.

there are very sweet so don’t worry about It. After the interview is over they show you the clinic.

3 hours ago, evf said:

The interview with Mercy is a group one (about 7 people ) and there is also a writing sample component.

There are a different mix of questions. and some all of you have to answer and others are addressed to each one individually.

there are very sweet so don’t worry about It. After the interview is over they show you the clinic.

Did Molloy email you your acceptance? When did you submit your application? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Hi Hannah, 

I submitted my application back in November but didn’t have all my letters in until end of December.

The acceptance was sent through mail. :) 

On 2/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, slpgirl898 said:

For those accepted to Adelphi already when did you submit your application? 

Hi! I submitted my application 1/03, but my last letter of recommendation wasn't in until 1/15. I heard back 2/17. I think they're doing it in waves. A friend of mine applied mid-December and found out she was accepted in the beginning of February. Good luck! :) 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:36 PM, evf said:

When did you interview at Molloy? I interviewed last week and am still waiting to hear back.

On 2/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, slpinthemaking12 said:

Hi! I submitted my application 1/03, but my last letter of recommendation wasn't in until 1/15. I heard back 2/17. I think they're doing it in waves. A friend of mine applied mid-December and found out she was accepted in the beginning of February. Good luck! :) 

Hi! when did you hear back from touro?

@helenaaa

yeah absolutely.

it’s not that long, the entire thing was about an hour (including tour, etc). They asked personal questions (leadership, why you chose your undergraduate program, who has influenced you, what would you do if you took year off), describe a memorable session and why did you chose Mercy :) 

On 2/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, Hannah7 said:

Did Molloy email you your acceptance? When did you submit your application? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Hi! I currently go to Molloy and can share some info...

The professor interviewing is very intelligent and professional, yet caring and easy to talk to. Also, my friends who already had their interviews told me that everyone is required to do a quick writing sample and the interview is very much like a conversation! 

On 2/12/2018 at 12:45 AM, slpgrad620 said:

Did anybody hear back from St. John’s yet? I saw one acceptance on the results page .. ?

Three of my friends got accepted into St. John's so far, but i'm still anxiously waiting :unsure:

44 minutes ago, AMI0209 said:

Three of my friends got accepted into St. John's so far, but i'm still anxiously waiting :unsure:

Do you know when they submitted their application, what their stats are like, or if they currently attend? I’m so anxious too and it’s one of my top choices ?

Hey guys, I also applied to most programs in the NYC area. Has anyone been asked for an interview at LIU Post that can give me some info about it?

Also, I have heard back and have gotten accepted to LIU Brooklyn, and St. Johns as of right now.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, speechgirl28 said:

Hey guys, I also applied to most programs in the NYC area. Has anyone been asked for an interview at LIU Post that can give me some info about it?

Also, I have heard back and have gotten accepted to LIU Brooklyn, and St. Johns as of right now.

Thanks!

I've been asked to interview at LIU Post. My interview is in two days. All I know so far is you only have to do a writing sample if your GRE AWA score is below a certain score. When did you hear back from St Johns? I'm dying to hear back from them! Was your St Johns online portal updated once you were accepted?