NYC Grad Applicants Fall 2018

2 hours ago, SLPloadingSoon said:

Hey all! For those of you wondering any schools sending acceptances! I received an LIU Post acceptance (no interview) early February, St John's acceptance 2/21 both by e-mail! 

Congrats and If you don’t mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your application to St Johns, would you be able to? Thank you

On 2/24/2018 at 11:51 PM, SLPloadingSoon said:

Hey all! For those of you wondering any schools sending acceptances! I received an LIU Post acceptance (no interview) early February, St John's acceptance 2/21 both by e-mail! 

Wow that's awesome! Congrats. Where do you currently go to school for undergrad? And which is your top school?

Congrats to everyone with acceptances and interviews so far!!!

Is anyone interviewing for CUNY Brooklyn next week? The interview invitation email said there'd be a writing sample, and I have no idea what to expect/how to prepare for that. 

2 hours ago, sabrono said:

Congrats to everyone with acceptances and interviews so far!!!

Is anyone interviewing for CUNY Brooklyn next week? The interview invitation email said there'd be a writing sample, and I have no idea what to expect/how to prepare for that. 

I also have an interview with CUNY Brooklyn in a week and a half, and am so nervous about the writing sample! I don’t know what to expect. I feel like it’ll be in response to a prompt about ourselves but honestly I have no idea.. I’m  hoping for the best. Good luck!!

In addition to Brooklyn college, I also have interviews at CUNY Queens and Hunter. I’m still waiting to hear from Adelphi, Hofstra, NYU, and St. John’s. The anticipation is killing me!!!

Edited by Sga71494

41 minutes ago, Sga71494 said:

I also have an interview with CUNY Brooklyn in a week and a half, and am so nervous about the writing sample! I don’t know what to expect. I feel like it’ll be in response to a prompt about ourselves but honestly I have no idea.. I’m  hoping for the best. Good luck!!

In addition to Brooklyn college, I also have interviews at CUNY Queens and Hunter. I’m still waiting to hear from Adelphi, Hofstra, NYU, and St. John’s. The anticipation is killing me!!!

Hi. When were you notified by Hunter for an interview? I still haven't heard back which is making me worry that it means it's a rejection. 

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and your stats? Thank you and good luck. 

I called Hunter yesterday and Brooklyn College today (the only schools I've applied to).  They both said they just sent out their first set of emails for interviews.  I'm worried because my undergrad GPA in speech was a 3.0.  I'm currently in graduate school for Childhood Education and Special Education and teaching in an ICT 1st grade classroom.  Hopefully it all works out!

2 hours ago, slpgrad620 said:

Hi. When were you notified by Hunter for an interview? I still haven't heard back which is making me worry that it means it's a rejection. 

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and your stats? Thank you and good luck. 

Hi! I was notified by Hunter on 2/20 via email. I submitted my application on 1/18. They should be sending out another round of interviews soon, I believe they come in waves. I have a 3.8 gpa and 155 Q 157 V and 5 on writing.

Good luck!!!

On 2/27/2018 at 6:05 PM, Sga71494 said:

Hi! I was notified by Hunter on 2/20 via email. I submitted my application on 1/18. They should be sending out another round of interviews soon, I believe they come in waves. I have a 3.8 gpa and 155 Q 157 V and 5 on writing.

Good luck!!!

I see, thank you! 
Good luck and if you can tell me how your interview went after it, in hopes that I get notified too, I'd appreciate it so much! :)

On 2/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, Sga71494 said:

I also have interview with Brooklyn! I am terrified, don't know what to expect. Can anyone say what kind of questions they ask ? It is my top choice.

Additionally, i have an interview with LIU Post! i heard it is more laid back. So i am a bit less anxious for it.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, Sga71494 said:

Hi! I also have my interview next thursday (3/8) for Brooklyn! I too am nervous about the writing sample but I agree, I think there will be a prompt or situation that we have to write about. Hopefully it will be simple! I’m also waiting to hear from Hofstra, St. John’s, and Adelphi! Fingers crossed!

12 hours ago, AMI0209 said:

Hi! I also have my interview next thursday (3/8) for Brooklyn! I too am nervous about the writing sample but I agree, I think there will be a prompt or situation that we have to write about. Hopefully it will be simple! I’m also waiting to hear from Hofstra, St. John’s, and Adelphi! Fingers crossed!

My interview with Brooklyn college is also on the 8th ahhh so nervous but best of luck everyone!!

Does anyone know if NYU releases decisions in waves? I noticed that everyone who heard back was accepted (no waitlists or rejections) and so I'm nervous that since I didn't hear yesterday that I was rejected. :unsure:

Congrats to all who got in!!

Edited by lmcslp

5 hours ago, lmcslp said:

Does anyone know if NYU releases decisions in waves? I noticed that everyone who heard back was accepted (no waitlists or rejections) and so I'm nervous that since I didn't hear yesterday that I was rejected. :unsure:

Congrats to all who got in!!

I know NYU Steinhardt does rolling admissions so it's possible the campus one does as well.  

22 hours ago, speech12345 said:

I was just accepted in the NYU on-campus program! Question --

How soon do you think I need to pay the deposit? Will they hold my spot even if I don't pay until the deadline in April?

Any insight would be much appreciated!

I would definitely discuss this with your admissions counselor! From what I heard schools will not hold your spot if you don't pay by the deadline.  However, if you're in touch with admissions they could work something out with you. 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:18 PM, pearl123 said:

Hey! I also interviewed last week at Molloy, have you heard back yet? 

Yes, I heard back and was accepted! I interviewed on the 13th and got my letter in the mail on the 26th although my letter was dated the 20th!