NYC Grad Applicants Fall 2018

On 2/24/2018 at 6:19 PM, speechgirl28 said:

Hey guys, I also applied to most programs in the NYC area. Has anyone been asked for an interview at LIU Post that can give me some info about it?

Also, I have heard back and have gotten accepted to LIU Brooklyn, and St. Johns as of right now.

Thanks!

I was also accepted to LIU Brooklyn, but I have not heard back from the other NYC area schools I've applied to... NYMC, Adelphi, and TC Columbia. Fingers crossed!

Hi guys! I interviewed at LIU Post yesterday and I think it went really well! I currently go to Molloy College for undergrad and was planning to go there for grad school, but now I am really interested in the graduate program at post. Does anyone go there and can share some info. about the program (likes/dislikes, teachers, etc.) ?

On 3/2/2018 at 12:44 PM, AMI0209 said:

Also, has anyone interviewed at Brooklyn College yet? I am really nervous for that one! Any advice would be appreciated!!

1 hour ago, Sga71494 said:

Did anyone interview at CUNY Queens or Brooklyn College yet and can share their experiences? So nervous!

My interview for Brooklyn is tomorrow! I'll let you guys know how it went. It's my first interview and I'm genuinely terrified. 

Just curious but anyone that got accepted to St Johns what time of the day did you receive your email of acceptance? Also has anyone talked to the admissions office to see how many students they are accepting? 

On 3/2/2018 at 12:40 PM, AMI0209 said:

Hi guys! I interviewed at LIU Post yesterday and I think it went really well! I currently go to Molloy College for undergrad and was planning to go there for grad school, but now I am really interested in the graduate program at post. Does anyone go there and can share some info. about the program (likes/dislikes, teachers, etc.) ?

Hey! I was accepted to LIU Post and would also love to hear more about the program!!! I haven't heard much but I really enjoyed the department, at least from what I saw during the interview!

5 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

Just curious but anyone that got accepted to St Johns what time of the day did you receive your email of acceptance? Also has anyone talked to the admissions office to see how many students they are accepting? 

Hey, I received my acceptance today around 2pm. I remember when I went to their open house they said they accept a large number of students because most students tend to have multiple acceptances which often leave them short of students that actually commit to going. 

10 hours ago, xstephh said:

Hey, I received my acceptance today around 2pm. I remember when I went to their open house they said they accept a large number of students because most students tend to have multiple acceptances which often leave them short of students that actually commit to going. 

Did your St John's online portal update when you were accepted? I haven't heard back from St John's yet and it is making me so anxious. I've seen so many acceptances already. I know no news is good news, but if anyone has info on if St John's is still sending out acceptances it would really calm my nerves. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Hannah7 said:

Did your St John's online portal update when you were accepted? I haven't heard back from St John's yet and it is making me so anxious. I've seen so many acceptances already. I know no news is good news, but if anyone has info on if St John's is still sending out acceptances it would really calm my nerves. Thanks!

I haven’t heard back either yet but when I called admissions last week they said my application was still under review, so I think they’re sending acceptances out in waves. 

3 hours ago, Hannah7 said:

No, I just checked and the portal doesn't update when you get accepted I guess cause when I sign on, it still says its under review o.O lol but hang in there because I had a couple of friends that received their acceptances last month, so I thought I had no shot at this point. That means they definitely do it in waves. 

11 minutes ago, xstephh said:

No, I just checked and the portal doesn't update when you get accepted I guess cause when I sign on, it still says its under review o.O lol but hang in there because I had a couple of friends that received their acceptances last month, so I thought I had no shot at this point. That means they definitely do it in waves. 

Just curious, what date do you have to have your deposit in by for St. Johns?

21 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

Hi! I received my acceptance from St. Johns yesterday (3/5) at 12:53 pm! Best of luck! 

Oh and I applied around 1/25

Edited by AMI0209

On 2/28/2018 at 1:25 PM, broca's aphasia said:

Just got my acceptance to New York Medical College!  Is anyone aware if they offer funding other than loans?

Congrats!! When did you apply? Did you interview?

38 minutes ago, SLPloadingSoon said:

Congrats!! When did you apply? Did you interview?

Thanks!  It’s expensive, so I probably won’t be attending, unless there’s more funding than I’ve heard.  I applied two weeks before the deadline and no interview.  I don’t think they did interviews this year.

For the people who got acceptances so far, what school are you guys aiming to commit to as of now? Just curious (and anxious cause I still haven’t heard back from anywhere yet ..) 

5 hours ago, AMI0209 said:

Hi! I received my acceptance from St. Johns yesterday (3/5) at 12:53 pm! Best of luck! 

Oh and I applied around 1/25

Just curious is your last name at the beginning of the alphabet I wanted to know if they are sending the decisions based on last names  haha thanks! 

14 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

Just curious is your last name at the beginning of the alphabet I wanted to know if they are sending the decisions based on last names  haha thanks! 

haha my last name begins with an i

On 3/6/2018 at 4:00 PM, AMI0209 said:

Does anyone have any info. about St. John's master program?? I haven't heard anything about it and do not know anyone who goes there!

I have a friend that graduated from there if you need any information! I can try and answers as best as I can with the advice and info she gave me about their program. 

Does anyone have an interview in the NYC area tomorrow? I have mine with Brooklyn College and am worried it will need to be rescheduled due to the snow storm! I just want to get it over with already!!! ahhh the anxiety builds:unsure: