I understand.  My first time around a couple years ago was a train wreck to say the least!

Well, I become more dejected about ND by the day, but, I was fortunate to get into another program so I have a fallback.  

It looks like, from past years, ordinarily admitted people are notified in early March till mid March.  This year, I only see two admits, who were notified in late February.  There are no rejections posted yet.  I wonder if those admitted in February this year were just perfect candidates, and were notified of acceptance asap, or if all acceptances have gone out by now and I am anxiously waiting for absolutely no reason. DE. MORALIZING.

Got rejected by Oxford (I knew it was going to happen though, but wanted to try my chances) :)

Just reapplied for an MLitt at St Andrews University in Scotland. I really hope I can get into a European masters program in case I can't secure funding for a US/Canadian program. 

decisions ... decisions ... 

Edited by newbietheologian

13 hours ago, rejectedndejected said:

What are your advanced degrees in?

I have a JD and an LLM (a specialized post-doc law degree) and practiced corporate law for about 10 years.  Upon the advice of several directors of masters programs when I applied last time I went back and am finishing a MA in philosophy right now to use as a bridge program into theology.  All the schools I applied to waived the GRE requirement based on the advanced degrees.

10 hours ago, mcclainm said:

I have a JD and an LLM (a specialized post-doc law degree) and practiced corporate law for about 10 years.  Upon the advice of several directors of masters programs when I applied last time I went back and am finishing a MA in philosophy right now to use as a bridge program into theology.  All the schools I applied to waived the GRE requirement based on the advanced degrees.

I am a JD/attorney also.  Perhaps we just cancelled out the perceived uniqueness of our respective apps.  Is your LLM in tax? 

Well, I got denied.  If you didn't hear today, then you are denied also, says the school.  Bummer.  I've worked my ass off for two years to get into this particular program.  Totally dazed and confused.  I'm not quite sure what ND is looking for in candidates.  Whatever it is, I didn't have it.  Are there any other solid/respectable programs that are still taking apps?

23 minutes ago, rejectedndejected said:

I am a JD/attorney also.  Perhaps we just cancelled out the perceived uniqueness of our respective apps.  Is your LLM in tax? 

Well, I got denied.  If you didn't hear today, then you are denied also, says the school.  Bummer.  I've worked my ass off for two years to get into this particular program.  Totally dazed and confused.  I'm not quite sure what ND is looking for in candidates.  Whatever it is, I didn't have it.  Are there any other solid/respectable programs that are still taking apps?

I am so sorry to hear that!  Well it if is any consolation I didn't hear anything today, so I am quite positive that means I didn't get in either.  I applied for the systematics program.  A stupid question, but, did your submission status on the online portal ever change from anything other than submitted?  

My LLM is in securities/finance.  

I had a very interesting email today from University of Edinburgh (Scotland). I applied to their MPhil program (2 Years) at the Divinity school, but they email me to say that they don't think I qualify for an MPhil but that they would consider me for an MTh (1 Year). 

39 minutes ago, mcclainm said:

I am so sorry to hear that!  Well it if is any consolation I didn't hear anything today, so I am quite positive that means I didn't get in either.  I applied for the systematics program.  A stupid question, but, did your submission status on the online portal ever change from anything other than submitted?  

My LLM is in securities/finance.  

Mine did not change.  They said that letters would go out on the 26th.  By this, I'm assuming they meant via the application portal.  However, my data is for liturgical studies.  I am not sure about systematics.  Liturgical studies just decided on acceptances today. 

1 hour ago, rejectedndejected said:

Are there any other solid/respectable programs that are still taking apps?

Catholic University and The Dominican House of Studies accept applications till July 15th I believe.  

23 hours ago, rejectedndejected said:

What Mcclainm said. Not quite sure about funding, however. I applied there, haven't heard back yet (for some reason my GRE scores got there rather late).

22 hours ago, rejectedndejected said:

I am also waitlisted for Ave Maria's PhD (Bible).  Does anyone have any scoops on Ave's programs?

PhD or MA? I got accepted into their MA program a couple of weeks ago with 75% funding. Not sure if that's the type of info you were looking for.

16 hours ago, doctorangelicus said:

What Mcclainm said. Not quite sure about funding, however. I applied there, haven't heard back yet (for some reason my GRE scores got there rather late).

PhD or MA? I got accepted into their MA program a couple of weeks ago with 75% funding. Not sure if that's the type of info you were looking for.

PhD. Apparently at least three accepted students have not yet informed the school of their intentions to matriculate.  I don't know what the hold up is.  Usually, if a student plans to accept, do they accept immediately?  The longer it takes to accept, does it make it more likely that such students will turn down their offer?

Has everyone who was waiting to hear from Notre Dame heard from them by now?  At this point I have no delusion that I was accepted, however, I still have not received word either way.  Granted as I previously mentioned, they did not waive my GRE requirement within my application till the end of February and I am convinced because of this oversight my application was never reviewed and has been forgotten.  

2 hours ago, mcclainm said:

Has everyone who was waiting to hear from Notre Dame heard from them by now?  At this point I have no delusion that I was accepted, however, I still have not received word either way.  Granted as I previously mentioned, they did not waive my GRE requirement within my application till the end of February and I am convinced because of this oversight my application was never reviewed and has been forgotten.  

I know they've already notified the first wave of people. However, there is usually some movement in the acceptances as people go elsewhere. There might still be a chance you get in off the waitlist. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to message someone and ask. To what area did you apply?

7 hours ago, KA.DINGER.RA said:

I know they've already notified the first wave of people. However, there is usually some movement in the acceptances as people go elsewhere. There might still be a chance you get in off the waitlist. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to message someone and ask. To what area did you apply?

Thanks for the advice!  I applied for  systematic theology.  

@thiscalltoarms 

You tell them which medium to use - I opted for both so that I could get a physical letter and all the swag that comes with it (a folder/pen/notebook/sticker).

The portal they use is normally a day or two behind - so keep that in mind. If/when you are admitted, you actually have to go to a separate link/portal to respond to their offer - kind of confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes me sad, the application season is over now. No more comments.

I look forward to meeting fellow MAR candidates at Yale at the end of August. I'll be likely be doing some low-paying grunt work over the summer but knowing where I'll be makes that all A-OK.

See you soon,

Hoya Saxa

If you haven't heard from ND yet for the MTS, there is still hope. 

For some reason like 4-5 of the 15 applicants haven't even responded to their offers and, unless they do so by tonight, the offers will go to waitlisters.

It's not definite, but there is a small amount of hope. 

**On a sidenote: If you're ever offered a spot in a program (M* or PhD), even if you don't intend to go to that program, DO NOT IGNORE PROFESSORS WHEN THEY EMAIL YOU. It's a really great way to make yourself look terrible to people who are actually working in the field you're hoping to enter.