9 minutes ago, incredulous_stare said:

Anybody here apply to Oxford's MPhil or MSt program in Philosophical Theology? I applied to both but have yet to hear from either.

I applied to Oxford but for an MTh. However, I didn't hear anything yet either. I expect an answer by end of April. 

UK schools have a different system of admissions. Also, some schools have their deadlines open for a lot more time than the US schools. 

When did you apply? 

I applied for Oxford's MPhil in Judaism and Christianity in the Graeco-Roman World (basically, the UK Second Temple Judaism program), and I'm interested in hearing back from them. Last year they alerted a lot of applicants to their decisions by March 17. So maybe Monday?

Edited by MattSolo

1 hour ago, MattSolo said:

I applied for Oxford's MPhil in Judaism and Christianity in the Graeco-Roman World (basically, the UK Second Temple Judaism program), and I'm interested in hearing back from them. Last year they alerted a lot of applicants to their decisions by March 17. So maybe Monday?

I applied to Jewish Studies in the Graeco-Roman period, and I heard back last week. It's likely different for the Judaism and Christianity course, though.

Dinged from Yale MAR(Bible).   Has anyone heard from Notre Dame affirmatively yet?  I have it on good information that we will be hearing tomorrow by the end of the day.  But I am wondering if that's when they tell all the rejects, or whether some admitted applicants hear then as well.  Do we still have a chance? 

4 hours ago, rejectedndejected said:

Dinged from Yale MAR(Bible).   Has anyone heard from Notre Dame affirmatively yet?  I have it on good information that we will be hearing tomorrow by the end of the day.  But I am wondering if that's when they tell all the rejects, or whether some admitted applicants hear then as well.  Do we still have a chance? 

They have already notified a lot of people for the MTS. They've already told at least one biblical studies person (HB). Are you HB or NT?

4 minutes ago, rejectedndejected said:

I'm liturgical studies for Notre Dame.  My interests fall right between liturgical studies and NT.

Ahh ok. I have no idea how LT does stuff, but I can ask people on that side if they have any info tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, rejectedndejected said:

So basically, if we haven't heard, we're dinged?  I guess I don't see why they would let some people know they were accepted early, but only let some know at the last possible minute.  I guess I can hope for the waitlist?

As far as I know for the MTS, the departments decide independently of one another. I've heard of people knowing WAY before others. ND also likes to extended MTS offers to a lot of people they interview for PhD stuff. I'd be patient for another week and hopefully some news will pop up.

11 minutes ago, KA.DINGER.RA said:

As far as I know for the MTS, the departments decide independently of one another. I've heard of people knowing WAY before others. ND also likes to extended MTS offers to a lot of people they interview for PhD stuff. I'd be patient for another week and hopefully some news will pop up.

Again, thank you for the information. That is somewhat comforting.  Trying to get in to ND's MTS is like drawing for the inside straight.  Do you know if they send denials in real-time?  At least, in that case, I could take my "pending" status as an indicator that I haven't been rejected with vigor.

Edited by rejectedndejected
Illiterate punctuation

5 hours ago, MattSolo said:

Just got notified by email that I was rejected from Oxford's MPhil. Humbled to be going to Yale (paid the deposit). :) 

Aw, shoot. The amazing thing is that you're Yale-bound, though! Yay!

6 minutes ago, incredulous_stare said:

Though rejected for their MPhil, I was accepted for Oxford's MSt in Philosophical Theology. I was torn between which of the two I'd prefer, so it's kind of nice that they ended up making the decision for me. Super stoked. Will probably end up going there!

Congratulations!!

10 minutes ago, incredulous_stare said:

Though rejected for their MPhil, I was accepted for Oxford's MSt in Philosophical Theology. I was torn between which of the two I'd prefer, so it's kind of nice that they ended up making the decision for me. Super stoked. Will probably end up going there!

Congrats! That's awesome!

25 minutes ago, _Ariadne_ said:

Aw, shoot. The amazing thing is that you're Yale-bound, though! Yay!

Yes! It feels incredible! I can't wait!

So here we are...It's going on Thursday and I have not heard back from Notre Dame's MTS program about results.  They assured me that results would be promulgated by Monday.  Obviously, for whatever reason, results were not posted as scheduled.  I am not an idiot, so I have largely given up hope of being admitted.  However, my idiotic, optimistic side is urging me that perhaps, maybe, possibly, I have been waitlisted--which I'd take as a moral victory at this point. 

Does anyone out there, lurker or otherwise, know what is going on?  Why is it taking so long for results to come out this year?  This was my number one program and I've basically been watching "Rudy" every night in anticipation of my unlikely acceptance.  Only two acceptances have been posted for this year's MTS class on Grad Cafe's survey section.  Both candidates had insanely high numbers (close to 170 V and 4.0 ugpa).  I have a 3.95 ggpa and 164V/4.5W, BTW).  No rejections have been posted yet.  Has everyone who has not heard been rejected?  Could we be waitlisted?  Is there still an outside chance that we might be accepted straight up?  Please, someone give me some closure.  ND gets 180 applicants per year.  Surely, someone out there is interested in this topic also.

7 minutes ago, rejectedndejected said:

Are there any sympathetic brehs out there?

I completely understand.  Their admissions process seems rather a mess.  As I hold a couple advanced degrees the GRE was supposed to be waived, but, it was never waived in the system till the end of February.  I have no clue if my application even made it to the department of theology.  

Regardless, it is almost the end of March and still no word.  It is beyond frustrating.  

It is.  I can't keep checking my e-mail every thirty seconds.  My daily productivity has been atrocious for the past two weeks now.  Are you still hopeful about your chances, or have you (like me) resigned yourself to self-funding a degree in "paralegal" from Devry or Keller Graduate School of Management? 

^^^Actually, the way my application season is going, I don't think I'd get in to either program.

Edited by rejectedndejected
Corny Joke.