5 minutes ago, sambam said:

anyone know when Harvard Divinity School MTS decisions are coming out? 

Judging by past years, in about a week. Fingers crossed it's sooner though!

On 3/6/2018 at 12:18 PM, mangoparty said:

Thanks for the info! And good luck to you :)

I don't understand what's going on with Notre Dame's MTS admissions.  Apparently, someone got admitted in late February?  Their FAQ says that they don't even begin reviewing apps till late February.  If we have not received a call/e-mail by now, are we sunk?  Do they tell all rejected candidates on March 15, but tell accepted candidates in real-time?  If decisions have been made, how come my account still says "no decision has been made yet"?  Let's talk some Notre Dame here.  It seems like some of y'all have the scoop. 

Also, their average accepted GRE Verbal score is purportedly a 161.  However, all of the accepted candidates who have posted in the past are like 165 V and up.  Don't get it.

Also, does anyone know if the competition for each MTS concentration at Notre Dame is equally fierce?  I would assume Bible and History of Christianity would be the most popular and difficult to get into, but yea, dunno.  If I check my e-mail any more today, my computer is going to explode into a blaze of glory.

I applied previously in 2013 and we were notified by HDS on March 13, 2013. The trend seems to indicate later notification dates in following years.
As a second time applicant, I am very much anticipating and dreading decision day here and at YDS.

15 hours ago, rejectedndejected said:

Also, does anyone know if the competition for each MTS concentration at Notre Dame is equally fierce?  I would assume Bible and History of Christianity would be the most popular and difficult to get into, but yea, dunno.  If I check my e-mail any more today, my computer is going to explode into a blaze of glory.

The competition for the MTS (at least in BS) is pretty steep. There are a lot of applications each year. However, the competition is Systematics/MT is probably much greater because Notre Dame is, from what I understand, the top choice for everyone who does ST or MT.

4 hours ago, KA.DINGER.RA said:

The competition for the MTS (at least in BS) is pretty steep. There are a lot of applications each year. However, the competition is Systematics/MT is probably much greater because Notre Dame is, from what I understand, the top choice for everyone who does ST or MT.

Well, in addition to my original questions (above), what kind of stats (GRE and GPA) are needed to be a plausible candidate, assuming no URM status?  Universities are so coy about this sort of thing.  A median GPA and GRE would go much further than a mean, if you know what I mean.

34 minutes ago, rejectedndejected said:

Well, in addition to my original questions (above), what kind of stats (GRE and GPA) are needed to be a plausible candidate, assuming no URM status?  Universities are so coy about this sort of thing.  A median GPA and GRE would go much further than a mean, if you know what I mean.

From my experience, ND really doesn't weigh GRE scores too heavily. The "required" number for even the PhD is pretty low. They obviously want decent scores, but it's not going to get your application thrown out if you aren't 160+ in both.

53 minutes ago, bijou2017 said:

I'm in at HDS! Hoping that financial aid comes through soon. 

From the admittance email, it sounds like we'd be on our own for transportation to/from the prospective student day, does anyone know if that's correct?

Back in 2014 when I visited on prospective day we weren't reimbursed for visiting, presume that policy still stands.

1 hour ago, MattSolo said:

Wow. The admissions updates went out sooner than expected. 

I'm so thrilled for all of you who got in. That's fantastic. Congrats! Many great academic adventures await some of you! 

Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut in admissions. So I'll just keep crossing my fingers for YDS...

I got dinged as well man, and I felt good about my app too! Just not meant to be I guess.

You still have a very good chance at YDS (at my last rodeo I was an admit at YDS, waitlist at HDS, people sometimes split between the two for reasons only adcomms know)!

Edited by ChristoWitch87
grammar

1 hour ago, ChristoWitch87 said:

I got dinged as well man, and I felt good about my app too! Just not meant to be I guess.

You still have a very good chance at YDS (at my last rodeo I was an admit at YDS, waitlist at HDS, people sometimes split between the two for reasons only adcomms know)!

What? Seriously? That honestly surprised me. But at least now your decision has been made. Union it is? :) 

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, MattSolo said:

What? Seriously? That honestly surprised me. But at least now your decision has been made. Union it is? :) 

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed!

You never know.

I have a friend who was admitted to Harvard MTS (full tuition + stipend) but rejected from Yale MAR.

Another friend of mine was admitted to Yale MAR but rejected from HDS MTS.

Happened in 2015 and 2016. What HDS and YDS expect seem different. Wish you the best.

Hey, congrats to everyone who made it into HDS! 

Hands up those who waiting for YDS decisions on Thursday! :) 

Also, is it normal that I didn't hear from Boston University yet? I applied to their MTS program but no word from them---though, some people from here got their decisions already ...