6 minutes ago, FearNTrembling said:

What happens if we don't hear something from YDS today? Is that a sign that we've (I've) been rejected?

No, I believe YDS releases all acceptances/rejections at the same time. The poster above applied to ISM, so I believe they notify separately. Rest assured!

5 minutes ago, FearNTrembling said:

What happens if we don't hear something from YDS today? Is that a sign that we've (I've) been rejected?

No I don’t think so bc No one seems to have heard from YDS, my acceptance came from ISM which is independent of YDS 

OMG! I GOT IN! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT! I GOT INTO MARc Second Temple!!!!! *Tries to breathe*

No emails were sent weirdly. The application page has been updated, that's all. So everyone go check there!!!

19 minutes ago, JDD said:

Accepted to Yale for M.Div - now go see if your decision has posted!

CONGRATS!!!!! 

15 minutes ago, FearNTrembling said:

I got waitlisted. How long will it take before I hear about whether or not a spot opens up?

Crossing my fingers that you get in!!!

12 minutes ago, newbietheologian said:

Bummer! I didn't get in. Ah well ... at least I got a few other options on the table :)

NOO!!! I'm so sorry! I was hoping you'd get in! 

4 minutes ago, MattSolo said:

OMG! I GOT IN! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT! I GOT INTO MARc Second Temple!!!!! *Tries to breathe*

No emails were sent weirdly. The application page has been updated, that's all. So everyone go check there!!!

CONGRATS!!!!! 

Crossing my fingers that you get in!!!

NOO!!! I'm so sorry! I was hoping you'd get in! 

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

I got into Yale for MAR...is financial aid coming? For those still confused like I was, I did not receive an email, however I signed into my account and there was an update.

Hey, guys! I'm a long-time lurker who got into HDS (Jewish Studies MTS) and YDS (Second-Temple Judaism MARc). Is anyone else who got into both, and who is planning on attending the admitted student days, worried about coordinating them? 

Also, a huge congratulations to everyone! 

Edited by _Ariadne_
Clarity

11 minutes ago, _Ariadne_ said:

Hey, guys! I'm a long-time lurker who got into HDS (Jewish Studies MTS) and YDS (Second-Temple Judaism MARc). Is anyone else who got into both, and who is planning on attending the admitted student days, worried about coordinating both? 

Also, a huge congratulations to everyone! 

Are you somewhat local? I live on the other side of the country and I'm not sure if I should save that 1k+, instead of going to both admitted student days. Seeing the campus won't really influence my final decision. Are you leaning toward one over the other?

19 minutes ago, kaaat said:

Are you somewhat local? I live on the other side of the country and I'm not sure if I should save that 1k+, instead of going to both admitted student days. Seeing the campus won't really influence my final decision. Are you leaning toward one over the other?

I'm in the Midwest, so I'm not local, either. I've been told that admitted student days are important for further establishing "fit," but it is a bit of a hassle, and an expense, to attend both in such a short span of time. 

I have a gentle leaning towards YDS due to its specialized program in Second-Temple Judaism, but I'm also drawn to HDS's culture (or at least my impression of it). And I suppose it also depends on what YDS says about financial aid.

You also got into HDS, yeah? Do you have leanings either way?

29 minutes ago, _Ariadne_ said:

I'm in the Midwest, so I'm not local, either. I've been told that admitted student days are important for further establishing "fit," but it is a bit of a hassle, and an expense, to attend both in such a short span of time. 

I have a gentle leaning towards YDS due to its specialized program in Second-Temple Judaism, but I'm also drawn to HDS's culture (or at least my impression of it). And I suppose it also depends on what YDS says about financial aid.

You also got into HDS, yeah? Do you have leanings either way?

I got into both, but I'm leaning toward HDS. My impression is that Second-Temple Judaism at YDS is top notch, but I'm sure there are amazing opportunities and courses for Jewish Studies at HDS and other departments in Harvard as well. Like you, I'm also waiting on YDS financial aid, but unless its anything miraculous, I doubt it will sway me, considering the stats for previous years that are consistent with what the poster above mentioned (10,000-15,000). 

As for the admitted student days, I doubt I will attend. My thesis defense is March 28 and I have a bunch of term papers and presentations due around that time. I want to finish the semester strong and coupled with my financial concerns, it will be a hassle.

Are you worried about housing expenses/living costs? I'm a bit nervous, Boston is so expensive. I'm relocating across the country and my husband is a 3rd year PhD student and cannot move with me, so we will have a financial burden of maintaining two separate residences next year.

Edited by kaaat

14 minutes ago, kaaat said:

I got into both, but I'm leaning toward HDS. My impression is that Second-Temple Judaism at YDS is top notch, but I'm sure there are amazing opportunities and courses for Jewish Studies at HDS and other departments in Harvard as well. Like you, I'm also waiting on YDS financial aid, but unless its anything miraculous, I doubt it will sway me, considering the stats for previous years that are consistent with what the poster above mentioned (10,000-15,000). 

As for the admitted student days, I doubt I will attend. My thesis defense is March 28 and I have a bunch of term papers and presentations due around that time. I want to finish the semester strong and coupled with my financial concerns, it will be a hassle.

Are you worried about housing expenses/living costs? I'm a bit nervous, Boston is so expensive. I'm relocating across the country and my husband is a 3rd year PhD student and cannot move with me, so we will have a financial burden of maintaining two separate residences next year.

That's the thing - there are so many amazing opportunities and professors at both that I find it incredibly difficult to choose between them. As for the admitted student days, I may try to at least attend one, but that time of year is equally busy for me.

I'm definitely concerned about living expenses, especially coming out of a relatively affordable college town, and I wasn't one of the lucky few to receive a stipend at HDS (though I'm not sure if that's reserved for M.Div. students). 

I'm sorry to hear that you and your husband will have to maintain two residences - for what it's worth, I hope that everything works out and that you figure out what works best for the both of you.

I tried accepting the offer at YDS already and got an error. I keep thinking they made some mistake so I want to confirm before they can take it back.
I'm still unsure if I'll go to the admitted student day. I'd likely fly in through New York and take the train to New Haven union station if I do.

15 minutes ago, HoyaX17 said:

I tried accepting the offer at YDS already and got an error. I keep thinking they made some mistake so I want to confirm before they can take it back.
I'm still unsure if I'll go to the admitted student day. I'd likely fly in through New York and take the train to New Haven union station if I do.

With you there. It still feels like a dream. Nobody pinch me!