2018 Results Megathread (Acceptances , Waitlists, Rejections)

11 hours ago, SopranoSLP said:

Will do! I will also say, I know for sure that they take people off the waitlist. There is hope! 

Sorry to be annoying but I was wondering if you knew how many got in based on the waitlist. Someone posted several years ago that they only knew two people from their cohort that were admitted via the list. 

On 3/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, Luna529 said:

Sorry to be annoying but I was wondering if you knew how many got in based on the waitlist. Someone posted several years ago that they only knew two people from their cohort that were admitted via the list. 

I'm actually not sure of exact numbers. I imagine it varies year to year, but 2-3 sounds about right? I could ask around! :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, SopranoSLP said:

I'm actually not sure of exact numbers. I imagine it varies year to year, but 2-3 sounds about right? I could ask around! :ph34r:

Yes please! 2-3 sounds terrifying. I have so many friends who applied to difficult schools but never planned to actually attend due to finances. I just wish I knew what my chances were. 

21 minutes ago, Luna529 said:

Yes please! 2-3 sounds terrifying. I have so many friends who applied to difficult schools but never planned to actually attend due to finances. I just wish I knew what my chances were. 

My sister was in the program at UW and said 2 students were accepted off of the waitlist. I know U of O accepted 2 students off of their waitlist last year.

7 minutes ago, StPaulCCC said:

My sister was in the program at UW and said 2 students were accepted off of the waitlist. I know U of O accepted 2 students off of their waitlist last year.

Brutal. Did she enjoy her time at Washington? I’m from CA and I only know one person who has ever been admitted via waitlist to any school...but it was her dream school and she did get in! So it does happen! 

2 hours ago, Waiting is the Worst said:

Does anyone know about University of Utah? I've seen acceptances and rejections on the results page, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I heard back via email. My friend applied for the joint MS/PhD program and she had to call the school to find out about her standing. 

On 3/3/2018 at 12:16 PM, StPaulCCC said:

Did she say if they were MedSLP or CoreSLP students who were accepted off the waitlist? 

5 hours ago, Waiting is the Worst said:

Does anyone know about University of Utah? I've seen acceptances and rejections on the results page, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I was sent an acceptance letter though I applied to the School of Computing

Hi everyone! So far I’ve been accepted at Northeastern, interviewed with BU and Emerson, and was rejected from the joint UCSD/SDSU PhD. Still waiting to hear back from Northwestern’s PhD, CO Boulder’s PhD, and MS from MGH IHP and Vanderbilt. Does anyone know when we hear back post-interview???

On 2/27/2018 at 1:21 PM, katherinexo said:

Got my first rejected from Grand Valley State a few weeks ago which really made me feel defeated. But I have an upcoming interview with Cal State San Marcos this weekend, and I'm waiting to hear good news from the 2 other schools I applied (either an acceptance or interview! :lol:

Received my first acceptance to University of South Carolina for their online distance program that starts in May the day before my interview! I'm so happy I just got in somewhere and relieves a lot of stress! 

2 hours ago, jb2018 said:

I've been accepted to Loma Linda, Northern Arizona University, and Our Lady of the Lake. Did anyone hear back from any of these? Does anyone have any recommendations/advice about them? Thanks! 

Hello! I have also been accepted to Northern Arizona! I visited the campus and the faculty were all very nice! I really liked the opportunities they offered and the facility. Flagstaff is a bit of a small town though. Have you visited there yet? 

1 hour ago, Waiting is the Worst said:

I got acceptances from University of Utah and MGH within minutes of each other! It's such a relief knowing that I'll be attending a program this fall.

Just got into MGH too, congrats!! (and I'm also waiting to hear back from BU & Emerson post-interview)

9 hours ago, katherinexo said:

Received my first acceptance to University of South Carolina for their online distance program that starts in May the day before my interview! I'm so happy I just got in somewhere and relieves a lot of stress! 

That's awesome! I applied to their distance program for the first time this year too and was sadly not accepted. Any advice about the application? Any other distance program you applied to?

Just received a rejection to University of Pittsburgh today. 

So far:

University of Pittsburgh: Rejected

Duquesne: Waitlisted

Pacific University: Interviewed

Temple University: Not heard back

University of Montana: Not heard back

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

That's awesome! I applied to their distance program for the first time this year too and was sadly not accepted. Any advice about the application? Any other distance program you applied to?

Thank you! I honestly didn’t think I’d get accepted because i wrote a short personal statement that was one page, but I think they put more of an emphasis onto their video interview and the timed essay. Overall, i had an averageGPA and GRE score.

I applied to NOVA, for their California cohort but haven’t heard back from them.

4 minutes ago, katherinexo said:

Thank you! I honestly didn’t think I’d get accepted because i wrote a short personal statement that was one page, but I think they put more of an emphasis onto their video interview and the timed essay. Overall, i had an averageGPA and GRE score.

I applied to NOVA, for their California cohort but haven’t heard back from them.

I was so nervous for that video interview! Do you mind sharing what you think are average scores? I didn't apply to NOVA. I'm not sure why I didn't either. Thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, Waiting is the Worst said:

I got acceptances from University of Utah and MGH within minutes of each other! It's such a relief knowing that I'll be attending a program this fall.

Congratulations! On the acceptance from U of U? Will you be attending 

46 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

I was so nervous for that video interview! Do you mind sharing what you think are average scores? I didn't apply to NOVA. I'm not sure why I didn't either. Thanks for sharing.

Awww I would say for any video interview, just keep practicing and be yourself. My GPA is around 3.5, and my GRE was 145/150/4.5. But I had lots of experience from working as a behavior therapist. volunteering at a hospital, private clinic, public school, and I did over 80 hours of observation.

5 minutes ago, katherinexo said:

Awww I would say for any video interview, just keep practicing and be yourself. My GPA is around 3.5, and my GRE was 145/150/4.5. But I had lots of experience from working as a behavior therapist. volunteering at a hospital, private clinic, public school, and I did over 80 hours of observation.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Consistent Email Refresher said:

Just got into MGH too, congrats!! (and I'm also waiting to hear back from BU & Emerson post-interview)

Congrats to you as well! I have no idea how I'm going to make a decision once I hear back from all the schools. What are your thoughts on the Boston area schools?

10 hours ago, ray92 said:

Congratulations! On the acceptance from U of U? Will you be attending 

Thank you! I most likely will not be attending U of U