2018 Results Megathread (Acceptances , Waitlists, Rejections)

1 hour ago, 40somethingSLP said:

Do you know how long the wait is for that?? I was waitlisted in Long Beach.

I'm not sure what the waiting period is going to be like, my friend was also waitlisted. But they did tell her that they were going to do another admission process that involves another review because there is no priority order for the waitlist at the moment. This may mean another interview, another application, or just even them looking over your application one more time. I'm thinking it'll probably be them reviewing your app one more time and then ordering everyone.

3 hours ago, 40somethingSLP said:

Do you know how long the wait is for that?? I was waitlisted in Long Beach.

I called/emailed them today and they told me they'd just completed a second round of review and I would hear in a couple days. I'm not really sure if that would be the same for you though, because I wasn't waitlisted, I just didn't hear anything at all. 

Received my Edinboro acceptance this morning with a Graduate Assistantship offer to help pay for tuition! Waiting on my other schools but feeling extremely blessed about this opportunity from Edinboro!

Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, Jordyn_M463 said:

Received my Edinboro acceptance this morning with a Graduate Assistantship offer to help pay for tuition! Waiting on my other schools but feeling extremely blessed about this opportunity from Edinboro!

Good luck everyone!

ahh I'm still waiting on Edinboro. congrats! i hope to receive good news but my GPA is on the lower side so not super confident 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:20 PM, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

Same!

good luck! your stats are slightly higher than mine. did they tell you what your rank on the waitlist is? I'm number 11 so not sure how much hope i have...:( I've only received waitlists so far

1 hour ago, jasc said:

good luck! your stats are slightly higher than mine. did they tell you what your rank on the waitlist is? I'm number 11 so not sure how much hope i have...:( I've only received waitlists so far

I didn't know Radford tells you your rank on the waitlist. Did you ask them? if so what did you say? Same only waitlists for me

3 hours ago, jasc said:

ahh I'm still waiting on Edinboro. congrats! i hope to receive good news but my GPA is on the lower side so not super confident 

Best of luck to you! They are having some mix ups with their emails apparently, they called to clarify which email was correct. Hopefully you get good news soon! 

3 hours ago, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

I didn't know Radford tells you your rank on the waitlist. Did you ask them? if so what did you say? Same only waitlists for me

i just asked if they were able to tell me where i was within the wait list and they responded with 11th. No idea how many they usually accept though 

Hi everyone,

I just received my letter (email) from ENMU. I was waitlisted.  Anyone else on this list or anyone accepted that's thinking about rejecting please let me know. It's a relief to hear back but bitter sweet.

Just got an email saying I am waitlisted to University of Montana. So far I have been waitlisted to three schools and no acceptances...I really hope I make it off one of these waitlists!

7 minutes ago, stacymawie said:

Just got an email saying I am waitlisted to University of Montana. So far I have been waitlisted to three schools and no acceptances...I really hope I make it off one of these waitlists!

I'll be turning Montana down, I hope you get in!

15 hours ago, stacymawie said:

good luck!

On 3/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, ready2beSLP said:

Got into Southern Illinois University - Carbondale! Can anyone give any info about the campus, program, instructors, and etc.? This isn't my top choice, but it isn't my last choice. Just would love more information about it outside of the website! I know their clinical program is structured differently than other schools, but I'm not so fond on the area.

Also what's everyone's opinion on between: (1) total $62k for 2 years, desired location (California), beautiful campus, lots of diversity OR (2) $40k, meh location, not that great of a reputation (at least for undergrad - not sure what the grad reputation is)? Both are accredited. California is my end goal and if I attend the CA school, then I don't have deal with taking to get my licenses in CA vs if I go to Carbondale, then I will have to apply for my licenses for CA and fill out paperwork that will take months to process. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

As far as on the second note...where are you attending in CA? Also, are you worried about the financial aspect of graduate school or will you be using loans to cover, etc? I ask these things bc for someone currently living in CA, the cost of living is very high & on top of that, I am going to cover school with loans (esp bc you can only work minimally in grad school, if at all). In the grand scheme of things, though graduate school is only two years, I didn't want to have to worry about accumulating 75-80k in debt, on top of my undergrad debt! Of course this is just my opinion & my own financial situation :)

I think if financial situation isn't an issue.. make a pros & cons list & go with your heart! It sounds like you are leaning toward CA, but just remember, in the end you'll get your CCC's no matter what! California is a beautiful place to be...just get ready for the traffic :) hehe 

Hope this helps !! 

On 3/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, ready2beSLP said:

Got into Southern Illinois University - Carbondale! Can anyone give any info about the campus, program, instructors, and etc.? This isn't my top choice, but it isn't my last choice. Just would love more information about it outside of the website! I know their clinical program is structured differently than other schools, but I'm not so fond on the area.

Also what's everyone's opinion on between: (1) total $62k for 2 years, desired location (California), beautiful campus, lots of diversity OR (2) $40k, meh location, not that great of a reputation (at least for undergrad - not sure what the grad reputation is)? Both are accredited. California is my end goal and if I attend the CA school, then I don't have deal with taking to get my licenses in CA vs if I go to Carbondale, then I will have to apply for my licenses for CA and fill out paperwork that will take months to process. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

Hi!! If I were in your shoes...I'd go with the CA school. I have a friend who was in a similar situation (wanted to ultimately work in CA but went out of state for grad school) and she said while it was okay she ultimately wished she had gone to school in CA, not just because of the licensing thing but because classes were geared towards how things were done in that state which wasn't always necessarily the same as CA. 

Also...I'm guessing because of that high CA tuition it's not a Cal State, but the cool thing about CA is that there are state grants for in-state residents, which I didn't even realize until recently. I got my financial aid package and most of my tuition is covered by this grant - my yearly tuition is going to be $1,750(!!!). I am not sure if this grant is available for all schools in CA or just the public schools, but definitely do some research on that and communicate with the financial aid office.

I think it sounds like you'd be happier in California. Plus, placements can turn into jobs and it would give you the opportunity to network in the area you want to ultimately be. Just my two cents :) 

48 minutes ago, swimbikespeech said:

Hi!! If I were in your shoes...I'd go with the CA school. I have a friend who was in a similar situation (wanted to ultimately work in CA but went out of state for grad school) and she said while it was okay she ultimately wished she had gone to school in CA, not just because of the licensing thing but because classes were geared towards how things were done in that state which wasn't always necessarily the same as CA. 

Also...I'm guessing because of that high CA tuition it's not a Cal State, but the cool thing about CA is that there are state grants for in-state residents, which I didn't even realize until recently. I got my financial aid package and most of my tuition is covered by this grant - my yearly tuition is going to be $1,750(!!!). I am not sure if this grant is available for all schools in CA or just the public schools, but definitely do some research on that and communicate with the financial aid office.

I think it sounds like you'd be happier in California. Plus, placements can turn into jobs and it would give you the opportunity to network in the area you want to ultimately be. Just my two cents :) 

It sounds like OP is not a CA resident, so s/he would be ineligible for state grants for residents.

Edited by babykoala

51 minutes ago, swimbikespeech said:

Your grant covered grad school tuition? I thought grants were only for undergrad...even in CA. Please let me know if I’m wrong!

33 minutes ago, BeachySpeechy said:

Your grant covered grad school tuition? I thought grants were only for undergrad...even in CA. Please let me know if I’m wrong!

Yes it did! It's called the State University Grant (SUG) and it applies to graduate students as well. I didn't realize this either until very recently but it's true! 

On 3/24/2018 at 10:17 AM, TurboDog15 said:

As far as on the second note...where are you attending in CA? Also, are you worried about the financial aspect of graduate school or will you be using loans to cover, etc? I ask these things bc for someone currently living in CA, the cost of living is very high & on top of that, I am going to cover school with loans (esp bc you can only work minimally in grad school, if at all). In the grand scheme of things, though graduate school is only two years, I didn't want to have to worry about accumulating 75-80k in debt, on top of my undergrad debt! Of course this is just my opinion & my own financial situation :)

I think if financial situation isn't an issue.. make a pros & cons list & go with your heart! It sounds like you are leaning toward CA, but just remember, in the end you'll get your CCC's no matter what! California is a beautiful place to be...just get ready for the traffic :) hehe 

Hope this helps !! 

University of Redlands! I am really concerned about financial aid because I would have to use loans to pay for all $62k for Redlands. This is definitely a huge factor in choosing what school to attend. I'm from Chicago so I'm not concerned with the traffic (knowing it's a little worse)!

On 3/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, swimbikespeech said:

Just as babykoala pointed out, I am an IL resident so the State University Grant would not apply to me. :( This is why I would be concerned with getting licensed from IL to CA... We shall see. I know that Carbondale is a higher ranked program than Redlands according to US News. I'm leaning towards Carbondale now that I realized how many loans I would have to take if I attend Redlands.