2018 Results Megathread (Acceptances , Waitlists, Rejections)

Hey everyone! I thought it would be a great idea to have a megathread for us to discuss as results start to roll in. We can also use this thread to get input from others to help us make decisions. I also think this could be a great tool for future applicants.

I received my first acceptance today (:o:lol:) from Wayne State and couldn't believe it! 

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance! That's so exciting!

I was accepted to ASU last week (!!!), still waiting to hear back from everywhere else. I'd be surprised if I heard back before March for most of my schools!

5 hours ago, chipsahoy2018 said:

Hey!! Do you know how ASU sends out answers? Did you get an email or did you have to check the portal? And do they do it a few applications at a time?? There's no update in my portal and I just want to know one way or another!

I first got it through their portal (it was posted around the 17th for me), but I also received an email last week that went to the email I used for my application :) they also sent a couple acceptance emails to my ASU student email!

2 hours ago, snoves said:

I first got it through their portal (it was posted around the 17th for me), but I also received an email last week that went to the email I used for my application :) they also sent a couple acceptance emails to my ASU student email!

Wow, congrats!!! That must be such a relief!! I'll keep periodically checking then, thank you!

I got accepted for Spring 2018 back in October, and I started this month! I was going to apply to other florida schools come January, but I took the first acceptance & will finish grad school hopefully two semesters earlier than if I did a fall program. Also, yay on alma mater!

1 hour ago, chipsahoy2018 said:

Hey, Snoves! Did you resend ASU your transcripts with your fall grades? I thought I had done that but apparently my request didn't go through!

@chipsahoy2018 I had the same issue- I think ASU is still waiting on my fall transcript so they haven't made a decision about mine yet!

23 minutes ago, MinnesotaHappy said:

@chipsahoy2018 I had the same issue- I think ASU is still waiting on my fall transcript so they haven't made a decision about mine yet!

That makes me feel better! I just resent mine. Just knowing that some people have already heard back means that I'm checking the portal at least twice a day lol. I just want to know!

3 hours ago, chipsahoy2018 said:

Hey, Snoves! Did you resend ASU your transcripts with your fall grades? I thought I had done that but apparently my request didn't go through!

I did! That's probably why I already know :) Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I dreamed that I was rejected from the University of Washington. Fortunately I haven't applied there, so my dream self was merely confused.

In reality, so far I've been accepted at University of Vermont, rejected at Boston University, and waiting anxiously to hear back from Umass Amherst, Northwestern, and NYU's online program. 

I have been accepted into Molloy and SUNY Plattsburgh so far.
I had an interview for those two and Mercy so far.

:) 

Best of luck to everyone.

5 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

Last night I dreamed that I was rejected from the University of Washington. Fortunately I haven't applied there, so my dream self was merely confused.

In reality, so far I've been accepted at University of Vermont, rejected at Boston University, and waiting anxiously to hear back from Umass Amherst, Northwestern, and NYU's online program. 

Hahaha, I had the same dream last week, except it's the only school I applied to! Let's still hope my dream self was confused. ;-) Good luck!!

10 hours ago, csd123 said:

Does anyone have any information on their Purdue application? I haven't heard anything back but from the results section some people have gotten in already :( 

I just got an email saying I was placed on the waitlist! 

Really excited about my admissions to IU and Rush though!

41 minutes ago, Felice said:

You have an amazing GPA and I am sure a lot of other great things going for you! Don't lose hope, you are still waiting for many responses. :) 

you're so sweet! Thank  you!! Best of luck to you! :wub: