Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

Received my official letter of rejection from Pitt via the post today! 

While rejections are never pleasant, I do very much look forward to the possibility of waving quite vigorously at Pitt from CMU's side of the street.

16 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Received my official letter of rejection from Pitt via the post today! 

While rejections are never pleasant, I do very much look forward to the possibility of waving quite vigorously at Pitt from CMU's side of the street.

I'm sorry to hear that, but also this is hilarious.

Any Delaware mail on your end?

5 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

You got through such amazing places. I understand that rejections are never easy but let it pass.

You're right, and I'm not terribly disappointed. But still, WHY DON'T THEY ALL WANT ME!!!??? 

Just kidding, of course :D 

49 minutes ago, punctilious said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but also this is hilarious.

Any Delaware mail on your end?

Lol, it's all good - I learned that I can take courses at Pitt if I'm at CMU, so I'm mostly focused now figuring out how to make a co-departmental trivia team as such a thing will be paramount to my personal happiness which, in turn, will dictate my professional successes. 

And no! Ugh! I know UD is like, you know, doing stuff other than mailing us but ... I want my mail. Gotta update my Excel spreadsheet, sheesh. 

On 2/12/2018 at 11:35 AM, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Lol, it's all good - I learned that I can take courses at Pitt if I'm at CMU, so I'm mostly focused now figuring out how to make a co-departmental trivia team as such a thing will be paramount to my personal happiness which, in turn, will dictate my professional successes. 

And no! Ugh! I know UD is like, you know, doing stuff other than mailing us but ... I want my mail. Gotta update my Excel spreadsheet, sheesh. 

Will he happy to join this team because there is an extremely high chance that I will land up at Pitt.

4 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Will he happy to join this team because there is an extremely high chance that I will land up at Pitts.

YEEESSS! I'm so jazzed. I will mark you down, friend, and - provided we land in Pitt - we can get this team going! 

3 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Which is why i didn't even apply!

Same! Husband was interested in their dual MFA-PhD but we definitely did not want to live in Ithaca (along with other factors).

5 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Mine too!

We'll just take our talents elsewhere. ;)

7 minutes ago, punctilious said:

On the bright side, you won't have to live in upstate NY! ;)

I think that might have been the snowiest place on our list! So, I'm looking forward to less snow. :)

4 minutes ago, Warelin said:

We'll just take our talents elsewhere. ;)

My best friend's parents went to Cornell, and they warned me, when I applied, about the Grey Sludge (nasty, dirty, snow and sleet) that visits Ithaca from January to April. Alas, I'll never know it now :)

5 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I think that might have been the snowiest place on our list! So, I'm looking forward to less snow. :)

My hometown in Vermont is buried in snow at the moment so I'd imagine it's the same in Ithaca. It's practically spring here in DC--I do NOT miss the winter up there.