On 2/18/2018 at 6:42 PM, kayyyyy_ said:

I know last year LB sent waves of emails! 

So, I had an issue with a transcript and so I hadn't been formally accepted into the university until early this past week. I called CSULB and they told me that they still review applications until March 15 so that I still had a shot as long as I got accepted into the university by that point. But I just spoke to a friend who got done with her interview at CSULB today and they told her that was it. So now I'm not sure anymore. It's a big bummer.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mercie1994 said:

I called Chapman yesterday and they said they are still reviewing 75-80 applicants. They take applications that start with the beginning of the alphabet and look at the ones at the end of the alphabet. My last name is in the middle so they haven’t looked at it yet (kinda weird I know). Also if you haven’t heard from CSULB it’s not good news :( they already chose all the people they are giving interviews to. 

I'm so bummed about CSULB. I even called them early last week and they said they might do a second round of interviews and that they continue to look at applications up until March 15.

I'd at least like an email saying that I didn't make it, instead of this waiting game.

I just interviewed for Cal State LA yesterday and I was awkward and had trouble thinking of answers to some of the questions. I am pretty sure I will only be chosen if everyone else who gets in chooses a different school! Also who else thought the writing prompt was weird? It seemed more appropriate for someone applying for a degree in counseling.

I also interviewed for Chapman and I had a really great rapport with the professor so maybe I have a chance there. At least the interview prompt was about the role of a speech pathologist so I could use what I had learned in my classes. 

Didnt get an email from Long Beach so I guess that’s a no. Has anyone heard from Fullerton or CSUN? I’m pretty sure Fullerton said they do interviews but I don’t know if CSUN does. Does anyone know?

16 hours ago, No longer a lurker said:

What did you think about the writing sample today? Kinda strange, right? For Cal State LA. 

Well I think the idea behind writing samples are to compare the writing you provide with your letter of intent to make sure you really wrote the letter. So actually I thought the prompt was pretty standard.

The Cal State LA interview was pretty chill! A general writing sample and simple interview questions: why Cal State LA? How would you resolve a conflict between coworker/supervisor, and something about adding to do a diverse campus. Notifications in 3 weeks. Still waiting to hear from CSUN or Fullerton.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:14 AM, gianinainabottle said:

I'm so bummed about CSULB. I even called them early last week and they said they might do a second round of interviews and that they continue to look at applications up until March 15.

I'd at least like an email saying that I didn't make it, instead of this waiting game.

Yeah my friend went to the interview and said about 90% of applicants were out of state. It is usually the other way around with the majority being students from CSULB. I wish you the best of luck!!!

On 2/23/2018 at 9:27 AM, Taco said:

Thanks for posting! My last name is also in the middle of the alphabet. I had already written off Chapman after hearing all of my friends got interviews already, but maybe all hope isn't lost. 

I am still hopeful too about Chapman :( Have not heard back yet though :/

7 hours ago, Mercie1994 said:

I dont think your name and where it lands on the alphabet matters. But stay hopeful i recently got an interview to chapman which is scheduled for next week

I applied to CSUSM, CSU Chico, UOP, Chapman, and CSU Fullerton.

I have an interview with CSU Chico scheduled but have not heard back from any other programs yet :(.

Anyone else interviewing with CSU Chico? 

Good luck to you all :)

On 3/1/2018 at 9:43 AM, Mercie1994 said:

I still haven't heard back either. They had some issues with accreditation last year and had a public hearing on Monday, so I'm thinking they're really behind with all of that. Meanwhile, I interviewed for one school, received two acceptances, and received three rejections. My top pick accepted me yesterday, so I'm not sure if I would interview at this point anyway. Fingers crossed for all still waiting!

7 hours ago, sene2789 said:

I have an interview with CSU Chico scheduled but have not heard back from any other programs yet :(.

Wondering if they send waves of emails, if not then I can cross that school off my list. 

Good luck!

On 2/23/2018 at 9:37 AM, TurboDog15 said:

I interviewed with Biola at the beginning of Feb. & now have an interview with Cal Baptist on 3/9!

I had an interview with Biola mid feb! Have you heard anything from them yet? 

3 hours ago, TurboDog15 said:

Not yet! I inquired last week & they said we should know beginning (ish) of March! Good luck! 

Ahhh!! The wait is killing me. Good luck to you as well!

On 3/2/2018 at 6:36 PM, sene2789 said:

I have an interview with Chico this week. Have you had yours yet?

4 hours ago, mahh said:

Did anyone else interview with CSUSM on Saturday? Has anyone heard back I know they said sometime this week, fingers crossed! 

I know a few of my classmates have heard this morning, and were given a spot to the program. Just gotta wait a few more days! 

On 3/3/2018 at 1:55 PM, sene2789 said:

They are doing more waves of interviews so you still have a chance!! Just a heads up, the interview was tricky. I thought I was completely prepared but was asked several content based questions on areas I have not learned much about yet.  still have several outstanding prerequisites if I were to be admitted and some of the questions came from those specific courses. I am wishing I had waited to interview till I had finished my program. Pretty bummed as it was my alma mater and I really like what I have heard about the program.  

Thanks for the heads up! Although I still haven’t heard from them so now I’m definitely thinking I won’t be getting emailed. 

Hopefully they understand that you just haven’t taken the courses yet. I would still have some hope! You got an interview at the very least! And that’s after seeing your transcripts so they must be interested still!

Good luck to you!