4 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

Gosh, being waitlisted at 6 programs is tough. 

Anyone else waiting until the last minute before making final decisions? 

Yes.... currently waitlisted for 2 schools... :(I do have one offer though thankfully.

13 hours ago, Joegeo said:

I can only imagine the stress. If it helps I think next week people will start making their final decisions at least in my experience so try hanging in there and remember you only need 1 yes!

I have one yes, it just isn't the right fit for me is all. 

Is anyone having a hard time making a decision between the offers they have? For instance, if you got into a top tier program that maybe wasn't the best research fit for your interests but they allow independent study in your area, but you also got an offer from a program/advisor you're already working with at a moderate tier program, how have you guys decided which path to choose? I feel as though the decision of which school to choose is the hardest part about this whole process...

On 3/29/2019 at 7:47 PM, OddIsEven said:

Gosh, being waitlisted at 6 programs is tough. 

Anyone else waiting until the last minute before making final decisions? 

I can imagine how tough this could be! I'm waitlisted only at USF and that is driving me crazy, especially that they said they would reply back by April 01 and I don't expect them to reply back today for sure...

14 hours ago, psychnerd92 said:

Is anyone having a hard time making a decision between the offers they have? For instance, if you got into a top tier program that maybe wasn't the best research fit for your interests but they allow independent study in your area, but you also got an offer from a program/advisor you're already working with at a moderate tier program, how have you guys decided which path to choose? I feel as though the decision of which school to choose is the hardest part about this whole process...

How is the funding for both situation?

Hi Joegeo!

The funding is the same at both places, but cost of living is different at each. I want to make a decision so others on the waitlists can hear, but it’s a really tough decision. Do you go with a top tier program for rank and an advisor who isn’t as well known? Or do you go with one of the top researchers in your area of interest but lower tier program? 

59 minutes ago, psychnerd92 said:

Hi Joegeo!

The funding is the same at both places, but cost of living is different at each. I want to make a decision so others on the waitlists can hear, but it’s a really tough decision. Do you go with a top tier program for rank and an advisor who isn’t as well known? Or do you go with one of the top researchers in your area of interest but lower tier program? 

Are you wanting to go into academics or applied?

I feel for you, it was definitely the hardest decision I've ever had to make. 

2 hours ago, psychnerd92 said:

Hi Joegeo!

That does sound tough... maybe you need to ask yourself honestly which program you think will get you where you want to be in life? If you're fairly certain you want to go academic, the top tier might give you that extra edge of name recognitions. But on the other hand, you might have more certainty that you will be doing the research you really want to at your current place. On the other hand, a new place might expand your network and give you fresh ideas that could fuel be added to your research area of choice. 
These are just examples of the debates I might be having with myself ... which I think can be good in figuring out what you truly  want 

I have yet to hear back from UMN and Clemson. Should I take it that I am rejected from the schools or is there still a chance to get accepted? Not sure how much longer to wait on the two schools as I need to make a decision soon. 

36 minutes ago, laura_0h said:

I have yet to hear back from UMN and Clemson. Should I take it that I am rejected from the schools or is there still a chance to get accepted? Not sure how much longer to wait on the two schools as I need to make a decision soon. 

On Clemson I got rejected by them last year on April 15th so it seems they like to take their sweet time. So sadly if you have not heard from them yet that is a rejection. 

I noticed today that CSU has updated my portal. "Your department has recommended a decision to the Graduate School. You will receive a final decision within two weeks. " 

I have no idea when it was updated. I haven't checked it in a week or so. 

Anyway, if you are still waiting to hear from CSU, consider checking your portal.

4 hours ago, crovanika said:

I officially Accepted my offer from Clemson Uni - very very happy and excited. I'm hoping someone hears some good news from Akron or NIU.

Congratulations!! That's super exciting!

40 minutes ago, Waiting2See said:

Hey everyone! I've posted in here a few times and I wanted to let you all know that I'll be attending Baruch's PhD program in the fall! Best of luck to everyone during this process! 

Congrats! I went there for my Masters and they are a very dedicated I/O school.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:05 AM, BeckyPsych said:

Hey, has anyone who was on a waitlist at any of the schools heard back from them yet? Just trying to figure out the timeline since it's April now..

I have not heard back from one of my schools either!

Is anyone at SIOP this year???? I'm here now and hope y'all are having a blast too!!

On 4/4/2019 at 11:05 AM, BeckyPsych said:

Hey, has anyone who was on a waitlist at any of the schools heard back from them yet? Just trying to figure out the timeline since it's April now..

I have, but it wasn't a decision - and it was only one program. Next week is literally ~the~ week though, so get ready!

1 hour ago, OddIsEven said:

I have, but it wasn't a decision - and it was only one program. Next week is literally ~the~ week though, so get ready!

Ahhh, this is so scary. Hope it goes well for us all. Really hoping the next week brings us some good news. 

1 hour ago, OddIsEven said:

What is next week? Also still waiting on 2 schools and thinking about calling them Monday. Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, laura_0h said:

What is next week? Also still waiting on 2 schools and thinking about calling them Monday. Thoughts?

The deadline for funded admissions is April 15 but there is sometimes some leeway. 

Also I don't see any harm in contacting the schools. If you have another competitive offer you can always tell them you have an offer you like but still want to wait to hear from the waitlist schools first.

Edited by Joegeo