1 hour ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

@MH13 So they smaller regions haven't heard anything yet. It's been at bigger ones like Dallas, El Paso, etc. 

That is so weird!! Like why not just send out acceptance to those you accepted all at once.. unless the smaller ones have more difficulty with filling the spots/making it "worth" their time to set up the room and host it. I know that our region SLP explained to us at the meeting that some regions opt out of hosting because they simply don't have enough applicants recommended for the program, so they just pass on hosting. That is also why they put that question on the application about whether or not you would be willing to attend in a different region.

So here's a thought. What if they are going in alphabetical order? The person I know who was accepted last name starts with an A. My last name starts with a V. I'm sure it takes a while to process and send out emails to all the students in each district. 

Lol. This is me trying to stay positive and upbeat in this stressful situation. 

Any thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

So here's a thought. What if they are going in alphabetical order? The person I know who was accepted last name starts with an A. My last name starts with a V. I'm sure it takes a while to process and send out emails to all the students in each district. 

Any thoughts?

Not sure. I was also wait listed last time in cycle 9 and I heard the same day acceptance letters went out. My last name starts with H and my letter was emailed at 10:18 am. I didn’t check my TWU email until 10 pm. 

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Any thoughts?

My last name starts with A. I also received my email on 10/6 at 10:18 am. 

28 minutes ago, MH13 said:

Not sure. I was also wait listed last time in cycle 9 and I heard the same day acceptance letters went out. My last name starts with H and my letter was emailed at 10:18 am. I didn’t check my TWU email until 10 pm. 

Well...that kind of squashes my theory then since you and momoftwo emails went out at the exact same time.... ?

On 12/7/2018 at 3:25 PM, MH13 said:

That is so weird!! Like why not just send out acceptance to those you accepted all at once.. unless the smaller ones have more difficulty with filling the spots/making it "worth" their time to set up the room and host it. I know that our region SLP explained to us at the meeting that some regions opt out of hosting because they simply don't have enough applicants recommended for the program, so they just pass on hosting. That is also why they put that question on the application about whether or not you would be willing to attend in a different region.

We were told that too!! I know (or what I was told) a few weeks ago that only 10 people applied from my region, but that's the norm because we are such a small area to begin with. I didn't put a second option down (maybe I should have) bc I was positive our Region always participates despite small numbers. Hopefully we will hear something at some point this week. 

23 minutes ago, Lilly-Baum said:

Guys I checked my email on Thursday evening and I was in shock to see I got in as well!! I’m region 20- San Antonio. 

Congratulations!! 

38 minutes ago, EK0922 said:

For those accepted, did you admission status under WebAdvisor update as well? 

Nope. I sent in my acceptance on 12/7 and responded to an email sent at 8:17 to Paula chance regarding that I sent my acceptance last week to Ms Tomlinson, however I have not gotten confirmation that it was received. Apparently several individuals emailed both ladies regarding observation and/or practicum hours and how to complete the question on the acceptance form. Mrs chance instructed us to just send in the acceptance this week and they will go through the files to let us know who is missing what. 

1 minute ago, MH13 said:

Nope. I sent in my acceptance on 12/7 and responded to an email sent at 8:17 to Paula chance regarding that I sent my acceptance last week to Ms Tomlinson, however I have not gotten confirmation that it was received. Apparently several individuals emailed both ladies regarding observation and/or practicum hours and how to complete the question on the acceptance form. Mrs chance instructed us to just send in the acceptance this week and they will go through the files to let us know who is missing what. 

My nerves have been on 10 since last week. Haven't heard a peep. Granted, have until Friday, but just knowing that others are receiving things is kinda stressful. 

4 hours ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

My nerves have been on 10 since last week. Haven't heard a peep. Granted, have until Friday, but just knowing that others are receiving things is kinda stressful. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm really trying not to stress but that ship has totally sailed. lol Anyways, good luck to you! Hopefully we get answer soon!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

opps I already said that didn't I... Sorry. My nerves are driving me crazy!

12 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

opps I already said that didn't I... Sorry. My nerves are driving me crazy!

It's okay! Mine too!! Good luck to you, and I hope we hear very soon! I'm gonna be checking like crazy

I’m sorry y’all. I have been in the same boat since graduating with my UG at Tech. They waitlisted me 2x. I was also waitlisted for TWU cycle 9, just improved my letter of intent and pretty much laid out the facts surrounding work (new SLP everyyear due to high work demand and we are basically the only therapy my students have access to). It was my only chance for them to understand “me” and I did make sure to point out I have 2 small children and want to remain school-based until they graduate. Probably didn’t hurt that after I was waitlisted last time that I placed a call to the speech dept to inquire as to how to strengthen my packet the next go around. 

46 minutes ago, MH13 said:

I’m sorry y’all. I have been in the same boat since graduating with my UG at Tech. They waitlisted me 2x. I was also waitlisted for TWU cycle 9, just improved my letter of intent and pretty much laid out the facts surrounding work (new SLP everyyear due to high work demand and we are basically the only therapy my students have access to). It was my only chance for them to understand “me” and I did make sure to point out I have 2 small children and want to remain school-based until they graduate. Probably didn’t hurt that after I was waitlisted last time that I placed a call to the speech dept to inquire as to how to strengthen my packet the next go around. 

Hi. I was waitlisted last cycle also. I emailed to inquire the same thing. She just told me my letter of intent had some mechanical errors and that's why I was waitlisted. She wouldn't expand any further. I'm curious how they responded to you, if you dont mind sharing. 

24 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

Hi. I was waitlisted last cycle also. I emailed to inquire the same thing. She just told me my letter of intent had some mechanical errors and that's why I was waitlisted. She wouldn't expand any further. I'm curious how they responded to you, if you dont mind sharing. 

Laura Moorer-Cook called me back (I left a VM for her) and she told me I had 1 mechanical error and my Q score was lower than most in my region. She also told me next cycle to dial back on “why I want to be a SLP” as it is redundant for the most part unless someone has an extremely memorable reason and state “this is why their program is the one for me”, which I did. She asked me if I had any interest in hospital/ skilled nursing, which I don’t, and I made it clear to her that Im in this setting for the long haul- my kids are young and I want summers with them. I laid it all out there this time, the length of time I’ve been employed as a SLPA with the same district (showing stability) and that this program was created for students like me and that I have children in early elementary, which makes working in the schools top priority for me. I also had 3 people read my statement of purpose letter to check on errors and editing for clarity. 

9 hours ago, MH13 said:

Laura Moorer-Cook called me back (I left a VM for her) and she told me I had 1 mechanical error and my Q score was lower than most in my region. She also told me next cycle to dial back on “why I want to be a SLP” as it is redundant for the most part unless someone has an extremely memorable reason and state “this is why their program is the one for me”, which I did. She asked me if I had any interest in hospital/ skilled nursing, which I don’t, and I made it clear to her that Im in this setting for the long haul- my kids are young and I want summers with them. I laid it all out there this time, the length of time I’ve been employed as a SLPA with the same district (showing stability) and that this program was created for students like me and that I have children in early elementary, which makes working in the schools top priority for me. I also had 3 people read my statement of purpose letter to check on errors and editing for clarity. 

I totally did the same thing. I did less of why i want to be an slp and more of why this program was a perfect fit for me. I also included that I'm an slp asst. in a school district.....probably should have made my intent of staying in the schools more aparant. Hrmmm.....

Thanks!

So since the first round of acceptances have went out (or currently going out) is everyone else going to have to wait until after the 15th to hear something when those people have accepted/decline? I'm just not understanding the process of it all. 

1 hour ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

So since the first round of acceptances have went out (or currently going out) is everyone else going to have to wait until after the 15th to hear something when those people have accepted/decline? I'm just not understanding the process of it all. 

Last cycle they let waitlisted people know the same day as acceptances. We have to have our acceptance turned in by the 15th, so I would assume that once they know who accepted/declines they will let whomever they’ve waitlisted know something. I don’t know if they are doing multi-round acceptances or not. Usually when you apply to a program they let people know if there will be an early acceptance or if it is one round and they move to the waitlist. Have you inquired as to your status via phone? I usually get more of a response when I call places vs relying on email. 

3 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

I totally did the same thing. I did less of why i want to be an slp and more of why this program was a perfect fit for me. I also included that I'm an slp asst. in a school district.....probably should have made my intent of staying in the schools more aparant. Hrmmm.....

Thanks!

They made it VERY clear in our mandatory meeting - I went to the first one- that they’ve had such a problem with individuals going through the program to leave immediately after finishing for home health or hospital jobs. They also stressed to us that the speech world is a small one and basically skipping out right after graduation and leaving school setting is a great way to earn a negative reputation because you affirmed you would remain in the schools and skipped out on it. I flat out said “ I appreciate your time and consideration for admittance to your distance program. I am the mother of two children in elementary school and will remain employed in the school setting throughout their academic careers.” I also said the program will enable me to obtain the necessary education that I desire and need in order to become a proficient speech-language pathologist.