2 hours ago, Cmac99 said:

Looks like I’m a little late joining this thread! But congrats to all of you who have been accepted!! :) I got accepted this afternoon as well! I’m in region 6. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for accepted applicants? 

Welcome! Congratulations!! Yes, please let me know about a Facebook group!!! I’m alllll the way up in region 17- Lubbock. 

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. I was officially REJECTED! I'm relieved the wait is over but as soon as I get home I'm gonna cry. 

Oh no!!!!!! I’m so sorry about this. That stinks so much. Don’t let this discourage you from getting your master’s. 

33 minutes ago, MH13 said:

Oh no!!!!!! I’m so sorry about this. That stinks so much. Don’t let this discourage you from getting your master’s. 

Thanks. I'm gonna pout for a bit but I still have a few applications to finish. Good luck!

1 hour ago, HRazz said:

I’m so sorry girl! Take the time you need but don’t let it get you down! I never thought I would get into a program but it is possible! 

Thanks. I'm pretty sad about it but I'm already on a waitlist for another school and I still have a few more applications to submit. Have a great holiday. 

10 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

Thanks. I'm pretty sad about it but I'm already on a waitlist for another school and I still have a few more applications to submit. Have a great holiday. 

Praying for the best results!! 

34 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

Thanks. I'm gonna pout for a bit but I still have a few applications to finish. Good luck!

Thank you and keep us all updated!! I’m rooting for you! I was salty AF when I didn’t make it last cycle. Seriously. I don’t blame you! Feel free to always hit me up if you need anything!! 

1 hour ago, MH13 said:

Thank you and keep us all updated!! I’m rooting for you! I was salty AF when I didn’t make it last cycle. Seriously. I don’t blame you! Feel free to always hit me up if you need anything!! 

Thanks.  I will.  

6 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. I was officially REJECTED! I'm relieved the wait is over but as soon as I get home I'm gonna cry. 

This was my third time applying to TWUs distance program. Before that, I applied to 6 different schools and got rejected every single time. Keep your head up! I know the rejection letters hurt ❤️

8 hours ago, Case86 said:

This was my third time applying to TWUs distance program. Before that, I applied to 6 different schools and got rejected every single time. Keep your head up! I know the rejection letters hurt ❤️

Oh wow. I’m so glad you kept pushing on. Have you formed a group yet on Facebook?

3 hours ago, MH13 said:

Oh wow. I’m so glad you kept pushing on. Have you formed a group yet on Facebook?

I haven’t seen anything on Facebook yet...I don’t want to admin anything so I’m not going to make anything. Haha

persistence is key!!

21 minutes ago, Case86 said:

I haven’t seen anything on Facebook yet...I don’t want to admin anything so I’m not going to make anything. Haha

persistence is key!!

Same! Ummm I tried but I have to have a friend to add. So idk anyone else who was accepted and idk if I’m really that girl to admin. But I guess it could be worse. 

22 hours ago, Case86 said:

Thanks. I'm gonna keep trying. 

On 12/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, MH13 said:

Same! Ummm I tried but I have to have a friend to add. So idk anyone else who was accepted and idk if I’m really that girl to admin. But I guess it could be worse. 

If you give me your first and last name I can add you on FB and create the group :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 8:52 AM, MH13 said:

Yes!!! Please do! 

Hello!  I think I saw that you were also accepted to Emerson. I am thinking of applying by the 15th. I have a phone meeting with someone tomorrow and was hoping for a little advice about the application. The only thing I have to work on is the LOI.  I have a rough draft but I'm guessing it's not interesting enough. My story of getting inspired to be an SLP is not that dramatic....

Anything would help.

19 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Hello!  I think I saw that you were also accepted to Emerson. I am thinking of applying by the 15th. I have a phone meeting with someone tomorrow and was hoping for a little advice about the application. The only thing I have to work on is the LOI.  I have a rough draft but I'm guessing it's not interesting enough. My story of getting inspired to be an SLP is not that dramatic....

Anything would help.

I wasn’t. It was the one who started the thread, MomofTwo I think who was accepted to Emerson. I only applied to TWU. I wrote about my caseload and the current status of the SLPs changing every year due to the workload and that 90% or so of our students are below federal poverty level and we are literally the ONLY source of therapy. We’ve seen an increase in severe disorders- I’m talking students who have feeding tubes! Right now they are half day PPCD but before we know it they will be full time at school and we need more than one slp in my rural district to provide services. I’ve also been there in the same district 4 years, outlasting all of my SLP supervisors. 

On 12/7/2018 at 6:04 AM, momoftwo said:

Congrats! Wishing you all the best!!

I just checked my email after I just now read your post and I got accepted too!!!! lol I’m so excited. I got accepted to Emerson online as well but was waiting to hear back from TWU! 

Congratulations of both your acceptances!

I'm thinking of applying to Emerson by the 15th and was looking for some advice on the application and specifically your LOI.....if you had the chance.

3 hours ago, MH13 said:

I wasn’t. It was the one who started the thread, MomofTwo I think who was accepted to Emerson. I only applied to TWU. I wrote about my caseload and the current status of the SLPs changing every year due to the workload and that 90% or so of our students are below federal poverty level and we are literally the ONLY source of therapy. We’ve seen an increase in severe disorders- I’m talking students who have feeding tubes! Right now they are half day PPCD but before we know it they will be full time at school and we need more than one slp in my rural district to provide services. I’ve also been there in the same district 4 years, outlasting all of my SLP supervisors. 

Whoops! Sorry but thank you for your info. I'm struggling to make more of a connection with my LOI.

@Ggslpa hi love. Yes I was accepted to Emerson as well. For my LOI, it was honestly very standard topics I talked about such as my education, experiences and why I was picking the Emerson program to apply to. I’m a mom to two toddlers who I had in grad school while I was doing my previous masters program so and online program was very appealing to me. Also, my son has been in ECI since before he turned two and I’ve been dealing with SLP stuff on a daily basis because of his speech and feeding therapies. He’s 4 now. A lot of my introduction was about him. Later I talked about how I majored undergrad in SLP. Also I spoke about finishing my masters in science education but still focusing my thesis on inclusive classrooms for science and math education and dealing with special need students.  After that I kind of wrote about my work experience.. which I don’t have too much of as I’ve been busy with the kids since graduation. 

I hope that helps. If you’re having you’re official interview, don’t stress too much about it! It is fairly easy. They ask you 3 questions only. 

The only downside to the Emerson program, in my opinion is, how extremely pricey it is. If you’re willing to pay, it’s a great program! 

1 hour ago, momoftwo said:

Btw, excuse my lack of punctuation/grammar. Writing this while stuck in traffic.  

Thank you. No problem. your info has given me a lot to think about. I checked out the price for Emerson and it said it was $67,544 for the course of the program, is this right?. I know some programs can go up to $100,000 for the program. I guess i really don't know how much a graduate program is supposed to cost.... Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EK0922 said:

Is anyone still waiting for an answer??

Call Monday and see what is going on. I was under the impression this past Wednesday during the webinar for admitted students that they set the class for cycle 10. Call Ms Tomlinson or Mrs Chance and see if there was an oversight in letting you know your status. Classes start Monday for the observation class for students who did not obtain the 25 university directed hours of observation.