23 minutes ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

I got rejected yesterday evening, but best wishes to all of you!

I'm sorry! This process is so rough. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully you are not too discouraged by this. I know it's like a sock in the stomach to see a the rejection email (I've gotten a bunch). Best wishes. 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:57 PM, MH13 said:

No problem! I figured keeping y’all in the loop would be helpful! I figured since she sent us that email she was getting a ton of calls and emails making sure they received it. In fact, I was about to call and email today between sessions to make sure they had it. She just happened to let us know before I had a chance. I’m guessing they’ve probably heard back from everyone/nearly everyone that they’ve sent acceptance letters to so the next round of correspondence should go out in the next few days. Keep me posted!

Nothing yet! I keep checking my twu email....like if it's broken and wont get an email....deep breath......

57 minutes ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

I got rejected yesterday evening, but best wishes to all of you!

What did they say in your message? I’m so sorry. If you wish to reapply in the future, Im sure several of us here will be more than happy to help any way we can. I know when the cycle 11 starts up I will check in and update as a student, if helpful for anyone who may want to apply. Sometimes that can help someone decide if that’s a good fit or not. As someone who was always waitlisted, it’s not any easier, as it’s always a dang waiting game, hoping and praying someone will decide not to attend up until they start. You never hear anything and i would almost prefer a rejection so I could move on. 

57 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

I'm sorry! This process is so rough. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully you are not too discouraged by this. I know it's like a sock in the stomach to see a the rejection email (I've gotten a bunch). Best wishes. 

Thank you! Yeah, I def cried a bunch yesterday, but that's life and I have to choose to either let this one thing define me or keep trying! Prayers for your acceptance!

21 minutes ago, MH13 said:

What did they say in your message? I’m so sorry. If you wish to reapply in the future, Im sure several of us here will be more than happy to help any way we can. I know when the cycle 11 starts up I will check in and update as a student, if helpful for anyone who may want to apply. Sometimes that can help someone decide if that’s a good fit or not. As someone who was always waitlisted, it’s not any easier, as it’s always a dang waiting game, hoping and praying someone will decide not to attend up until they start. You never hear anything and i would almost prefer a rejection so I could move on. 

"We considered your application for Cycle 10, and as you know we are a competitive program, but we are not considering you for admission into the SLP program" or something along the lines of that. Very tough pill to swallow after a very stressful week for me. I'm gonna explore career and school options for the time being. It just wasn't my time. 

Thank you, I appreciate that! Best wishes to you in Cycle 10!

17 minutes ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

"We considered your application for Cycle 10, and as you know we are a competitive program, but we are not considering you for admission into the SLP program" or something along the lines of that. Very tough pill to swallow after a very stressful week for me. I'm gonna explore career and school options for the time being. It just wasn't my time. 

Thank you, I appreciate that! Best wishes to you in Cycle 10!

Thank you. That’s a nice-ish way to reject someone... I guess? I’m sorry, you said you’re school based, so I’m sure your work week was super stressful. Kids have been NUTS! We get out half day on the 21st, but the week will be full of benchmarks and semester tests. So I will see who I can around all of that, make sure my Medicaid is done and attempt to organize the hot mess known as my speech room. Y’all. It’s so messy. I haven’t had any time to organize or do anything. It’s driving me crazy! 

I would keep trucking and not give up! If you can, take the GRE again. I bought the study guide that was made by ETS. It helped me the most. I studied all portions, including the writing. I didn’t my first attempt and I went from a 4 to a 5. Since TWU looks at the last 60 hours, it’s possible for you to take a few community college courses to boost your GPA. As far as the letter of intent, those of us not in your application cycle may be of help. I didn’t use huge, fancy $5 words. Nope. I did use words such as academic vs school and the like, but I didn’t want to be too over the top and cloud my central message. 

On 12/13/2018 at 11:40 PM, Cris12 said:

I applied to Region 4 and I'm still waiting to hear good or bad. I have a friend who also applied and is still waiting. I know many were applying to Region 4 so it's a waiting game. Good luck! 

Have you or your friend heard back yet? 

Oh, and if y’all are looking to apply for ENMU, the only full-time SLP in my district graduated from there in May. She did the distance program, as she didn’t want to drive to Portales from Clovis for class. I can always share what I’ve been told as well. 

Hey so for those of you who were offered a spot or denied....on web advisor did your status change? I'm just curious if that automatically changes when you are offered a spot. I'm still waiting to hear back whether I am in or out.

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Hey so for those of you who were offered a spot or denied....on web advisor did your status change? I'm just curious if that automatically changes when you are offered a spot. I'm still waiting to hear back whether I am in or out.

Just checked webadvisor to answer your question- nope.. My webadvisor hasn't updated with my accepted status, even though I was offered my spot and sent my letter accepting my position in the program over a week ago. I can't believe you haven't heard one way or another!!!

edited to add: when I was waitlisted last cycle, it didn’t get off the awaiting dept review until Oct 2017. It went to denied admission at that point, well into the second semester of the program. So, I am not putting too much faith in that to change. 

Edited by MH13
Added information

1 hour ago, MH13 said:

Just checked webadvisor to answer your question- nope.. My webadvisor hasn't updated with my accepted status, even though I was offered my spot and sent my letter accepting my position in the program over a week ago. I can't believe you haven't heard one way or another!!!

edited to add: when I was waitlisted last cycle, it didn’t get off the awaiting dept review until Oct 2017. It went to denied admission at that point, well into the second semester of the program. So, I am not putting too much faith in that to change. 

And the waiting continues......

Thanks for checking. 

10 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

And the waiting continues......

Thanks for checking. 

No problem. That's crazy that you haven't heard anything yet!!! What the heck?! Hopefully tomorrow morning?

On 12/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

Thank you! Yeah, I def cried a bunch yesterday, but that's life and I have to choose to either let this one thing define me or keep trying! Prayers for your acceptance!

What other schools have you applied to for 2019? 

Just now, Ggslpa said:

I'm still waiting...........

I am DYING here to find out! I can't even friggin imagine you!!!! Bless sweetie! Call 'em today... FOR sure! I mean they were supposed to have told you something by now... UGH! ? I know I am freaking annoying, but the suspense is KILLING me..and I already know. I am still in this with you... because I guess I torture myself?! I am just at work... seeing students at random... while STAAR benchmarks are going on around us... and slowly filing the last 2 weeks of Medicaid. I mean it's not hard but it's just BORING. I know... get used to paperwork. I just have a case of the 'I don't wannas'.... I think I got it from the kids. Come on Friday... we get out at noon for Christmas until we come back Jan 7. I really need to do Medicaid and progress notes before Friday. My supervisor wants to approve my medicaid before Wednesday.... so I will continue to check on you! I'm still praying for you to get good news!!!

Thank yall so much for posting! I have been suffering in silence for the past week and need others who understand! I am in region 6 and have yet to hear good or bad! It is killing me!!

1 hour ago, HRazz said:

Thank yall so much for posting! I have been suffering in silence for the past week and need others who understand! I am in region 6 and have yet to hear good or bad! It is killing me!!

I'm in the same boat!! 2 of my coworkers got their acceptance letters, 1 got denied, and I haven't heard anything!

2 minutes ago, Case86 said:

I'm in the same boat!! 2 of my coworkers got their acceptance letters, 1 got denied, and I haven't heard anything!

What region are you in? I’m in 17.

1 minute ago, Case86 said:

I’m in 18

Oh okay! I have a friend who is attending Cycle 9 and she is in Region 18. My mom worked for 24 years in Andrews, also region 18! I hope they let the rest of y'all know ASAP! I am surprised someone hasn't called yet to find out since they were supposed to say something by Dec 15. I mean, I was shocked to find out a week early.

1 minute ago, MH13 said:

Oh okay! I have a friend who is attending Cycle 9 and she is in Region 18. My mom worked for 24 years in Andrews, also region 18! I hope they let the rest of y'all know ASAP! I am surprised someone hasn't called yet to find out since they were supposed to say something by Dec 15. I mean, I was shocked to find out a week early.

I called at 12:30 to check status and was told Mrs. Tomlinson would be on lunch until 1... Called again at 1:08 and was told she would be on lunch until 2. 

3 minutes ago, MH13 said:

Awesome! I work with 2 girls in the program so it's probably a mutual friend! I have therapy all day so I don't have time to sit on the phone. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

1 minute ago, Case86 said:

Awesome! I work with 2 girls in the program so it's probably a mutual friend! I have therapy all day so I don't have time to sit on the phone. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Probably!!! Oh man... and kids are CRAZY at my school! My older kids are in the PM... and they are finishing up STAAR benchmarks... JOY. My jr high and HS kids are reviewing for semester tests that they will have Wed and Thurs... so I'm like MEH.... I think I will just hide and do Medicaid... and progress notes. Maybe tackle this hot mess of a room.. Not sure on the room part, but I really have to have Medicaid done by Wednesday so my SLP can approve of them. She didn't mention PNs but I just want them done so I don't have to mess with them in January when we return.

5 minutes ago, HRazz said:

I called at 12:30 to check status and was told Mrs. Tomlinson would be on lunch until 1... Called again at 1:08 and was told she would be on lunch until 2. 

I wonder if Mrs. Tomlinson is hiding... I would! ;) Good luck, prayers, vibes and juju!!!! I will keep checking on y'all... I am wanting to know who's going to be at kick-off in May! :)