1 hour ago, MH13 said:

Last cycle they let waitlisted people know the same day as acceptances. We have to have our acceptance turned in by the 15th, so I would assume that once they know who accepted/declines they will let whomever they’ve waitlisted know something. I don’t know if they are doing multi-round acceptances or not. Usually when you apply to a program they let people know if there will be an early acceptance or if it is one round and they move to the waitlist. Have you inquired as to your status via phone? I usually get more of a response when I call places vs relying on email. 

This was literally my next move, inquiring about admissions status because I'm asking too general of questions. No one is picking up the phone or it's going straight to voicemail.

1 hour ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

This was literally my next move, inquiring about admissions status because I'm asking too general of questions. No one is picking up the phone or it's going straight to voicemail.

That’s not good. I would definitely leave VM and a follow up email. 

1 hour ago, MH13 said:

That’s not good. I would definitely leave VM and a follow up email. 

I called and finally got an answer. They are still sending acceptance letters out; no waitlisted or rejection letters just yet. They just said to keep checking email for the next few weeks ?

1 hour ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

I called and finally got an answer. They are still sending acceptance letters out; no waitlisted or rejection letters just yet. They just said to keep checking email for the next few weeks ?

Good thing you got an answer-ish. Too bad they wouldn’t just be like yes, you’ve been accepted. I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get told now rather than wait forever! Keep praying! 

2 hours ago, MH13 said:

Good thing you got an answer-ish. Too bad they wouldn’t just be like yes, you’ve been accepted. I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get told now rather than wait forever! Keep praying! 

Thank you so much! I'll have to keep you updated. Hopefully good news will be coming in the next few days.

23 minutes ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

Thank you so much! I'll have to keep you updated. Hopefully good news will be coming in the next few days.

I hope you get the good news soon. I am the type who is like tell me one way or the other and don't keep me hanging!

6 hours ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

Hahaha.......like we haven't already been doing that. :)

Quick question.....your acceptance emails went to your TWU gmail account? I ask because last cycle my waitlist letter went to my personal gmail account. I just want to make sure I'm staring at the right email account hitting refresh for the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Quick question.....your acceptance emails went to your TWU gmail account? I ask because last cycle my waitlist letter went to my personal gmail account. I just want to make sure I'm staring at the right email account hitting refresh for the next few weeks.

Yes.. the TWU gmail account. I don't even know what made me check it last week other than something picked at my mind and I thought what the h*ll, it's a week away. It was probably a good thing I checked it that night rather than earlier in the day when I initially started thinking about it; I was WAY too happy to care on Friday (day after)... I would have been like Oh, do whatever kids.. I don't care today, I got amazing news ?. Some of my students have already started asking if I am going to be their speech therapist next year.. I just tell them I hope so, but not 100% sure on that as caseload assignments may change with grad school.

8 hours ago, MH13 said:

Yes.. the TWU gmail account. I don't even know what made me check it last week other than something picked at my mind and I thought what the h*ll, it's a week away. It was probably a good thing I checked it that night rather than earlier in the day when I initially started thinking about it; I was WAY too happy to care on Friday (day after)... I would have been like Oh, do whatever kids.. I don't care today, I got amazing news ?. Some of my students have already started asking if I am going to be their speech therapist next year.. I just tell them I hope so, but not 100% sure on that as caseload assignments may change with grad school.

That's so awesome! I'm happy for you! After being waitlisted and coming back and getting accepted is awesome. Hopefully, I'll have a similar story to tell after this weekend! 

6 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

That's so awesome! I'm happy for you! After being waitlisted and coming back and getting accepted is awesome. Hopefully, I'll have a similar story to tell after this weekend! 

I hope so!!! I seriously thought about skipping out of applying this time. ?. I am so glad that I went ahead and gave it one last shot. I seriously was like I can’t keep paying out this kind of money for a waitlist and never get off it. I am still just ??? over it. I didn’t tell hardly ANY one I applied. I only told the people I asked for recommendations, my best friend and my husband (of course!). Now that I’ve been accepted I’ve basically shouted it from the rooftops. Some were like omg why didn’t you tell me... I didn’t tell ANY one that wasn’t on the need to know list because it kept my personal stress level down... but I didn’t realize how much I was truly stressing over it because once I got the news I was SO relieved and instantly a wave of relaxation came over me. I was like well maybe I was more stressed than I thought! Prayers and good vibes!!

Hopefully not much longer for y’all that are waiting. We (those who accepted the offered spot) got a message from Ms Tomlinson that our acceptance letters have been received. Soooo I’m sure those who haven’t sent it in yet got a reminder. Y’all may check today or tomorrow since they are processing the acceptance letters that have been sent in. Hopefully they are sending the next round within the next few days. 

46 minutes ago, MH13 said:

Hopefully not much longer for y’all that are waiting. We (those who accepted the offered spot) got a message from Ms Tomlinson that our acceptance letters have been received. Soooo I’m sure those who haven’t sent it in yet got a reminder. Y’all may check today or tomorrow since they are processing the acceptance letters that have been sent in. Hopefully they are sending the next round within the next few days. 

Thank you for the updates!!! Getting information is helping with the stress/anxiety/excitement! Thank you thank you

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Thank you for the updates!!! Getting information is helping with the stress/anxiety/excitement! Thank you thank you

No problem! I figured keeping y’all in the loop would be helpful! I figured since she sent us that email she was getting a ton of calls and emails making sure they received it. In fact, I was about to call and email today between sessions to make sure they had it. She just happened to let us know before I had a chance. I’m guessing they’ve probably heard back from everyone/nearly everyone that they’ve sent acceptance letters to so the next round of correspondence should go out in the next few days. Keep me posted!

On 12/10/2018 at 10:57 AM, EK0922 said:

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far!!!

I applied for region 4- Houston. Anyone from Houston heard back yet?

I applied to Region 4 and I'm still waiting to hear good or bad. I have a friend who also applied and is still waiting. I know many were applying to Region 4 so it's a waiting game. Good luck! 

52 minutes ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

Still no word! Is it wrong to call and inquire considering the fact we were suppose to find out by the 15th of this month. Don't wanna be pushy though. They may be behind though.

They may be, but it is your future. I have a feeling they know one way or another. Like there’s a “list” and they haven’t sent the rejections yet because they may not have been sure as to how many wait list spots to have per region. It wouldn’t make sense to have 30 waitlist spots for 1-2 spots. They will probably send the the rest of the acceptance letters, maybe 1 wait list per spot per region next and last may be rejections. Idk. Last cycle everyone found out at the same time from what I recall

I wonder if they will send out letters on the 15th. I mean, they knew that the 15th was a Saturday from the get go so...... Anyways, if people are accepting/declining their offers on the 15th, how will they be able to send out more acceptance letters if people have until the end of day (I assume) to send it in? I'm just ready to know. I'v already been waitlisted to another school. I'm ready for good news!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

I wonder if they will send out letters on the 15th. I mean, they knew that the 15th was a Saturday from the get go so...... Anyways, if people are accepting/declining their offers on the 15th, how will they be able to send out more acceptance letters if people have until the end of day (I assume) to send it in? I'm just ready to know. I'v already been waitlisted to another school. I'm ready for good news!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

I wonder! Where did you get waitlisted at if you don’t mind?

51 minutes ago, MH13 said:

I wonder! Where did you get waitlisted at if you don’t mind?

At University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire, yesterday. My email said that I wasn't accepted the first round but that towards the end of January I should  either a) get an interview for the second round or b) get my rejection letter but if I wanted to be taken off the waitlist I should let them know. ?

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

At University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire, yesterday. My email said that I wasn't accepted the first round but that towards the end of January I should  either a) get an interview for the second round or b) get my rejection letter but if I wanted to be taken off the waitlist I should let them know. ?

Ohhhh ok. I haven’t heard of that program. If I didn’t get in at TWU I was going to apply for ENMU. I am close enough to drive over for the required on-campus practicum in the clinic for the first semester, but I’m thankful I am not having to do that. Hopefully they will let you guys know soon. I figure they have pretty much heard back from most everyone on Thursday, but may have a few hold outs that haven’t said anything either way in some regions. If y’all haven’t heard by Monday noon I would be tempted to call. 

4 hours ago, MH13 said:

Ohhhh ok. I haven’t heard of that program. If I didn’t get in at TWU I was going to apply for ENMU. I am close enough to drive over for the required on-campus practicum in the clinic for the first semester, but I’m thankful I am not having to do that. Hopefully they will let you guys know soon. I figure they have pretty much heard back from most everyone on Thursday, but may have a few hold outs that haven’t said anything either way in some regions. If y’all haven’t heard by Monday noon I would be tempted to call. 

It's an online program. I was waitlisted last year to ENMU.  ? Hopefully tomorrow we get some info. 

Edited by Ggslpa
Added info

2 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

It's an online program. I was waitlisted last year to ENMU.  ? Hopefully tomorrow we get some info. 

Oh ok! Oh no on ENMU. I hope so. Although I know where I stand I am going through it with y’all! I’ve been there and I hate it. I mean, God willing, we will be ‘together’ for the next couple of years!

Ok. So since I’m a creeper for y’all, I looked at the detailed academic calendars for TWU. They have been holding commencement in Denton 12/14-15. Final grades are due for those not graduating on the 17th. If you don’t hear back and want a human, call the 17th before later afternoon. That would be my suggestion because I’m sure once grades are in some may be gone until Jan 7-8th. Last cycle I called too late and had to wait until January to talk to Mrs. Moorer-Cook. It was my first day back to work, but it was staff only, so it wasn’t interrupting any groups. I mean, I knew I was waitlisted but I wanted to know why and how to improve my application the next time.