56 minutes ago, EMT said:

I called today and got someone in the department who wasn’t Penny and they said she’s still working on acceptance and rejection letters! He didn’t give me a time frame on when the rest would be sent out! 

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully they get them all out before they go on break!!!

1 minute ago, Ggslpa said:

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully they get them all out before they go on break!!!

I just tried to call again and got her voicemail. I am sure she is being bombarded by incoming calls and emails! Fingers crossed we aren't left waiting for the holidays! 

On 12/15/2018 at 2:03 PM, MH13 said:

Thank you. That’s a nice-ish way to reject someone... I guess? I’m sorry, you said you’re school based, so I’m sure your work week was super stressful. Kids have been NUTS! We get out half day on the 21st, but the week will be full of benchmarks and semester tests. So I will see who I can around all of that, make sure my Medicaid is done and attempt to organize the hot mess known as my speech room. Y’all. It’s so messy. I haven’t had any time to organize or do anything. It’s driving me crazy! 

I would keep trucking and not give up! If you can, take the GRE again. I bought the study guide that was made by ETS. It helped me the most. I studied all portions, including the writing. I didn’t my first attempt and I went from a 4 to a 5. Since TWU looks at the last 60 hours, it’s possible for you to take a few community college courses to boost your GPA. As far as the letter of intent, those of us not in your application cycle may be of help. I didn’t use huge, fancy $5 words. Nope. I did use words such as academic vs school and the like, but I didn’t want to be too over the top and cloud my central message. 

I'm keeping up with all of this information!! Thank you, and I don't know how I would be able to keep up with you! Can I PM you?

2 hours ago, MH13 said:

I am DYING here to find out! I can't even friggin imagine you!!!! Bless sweetie! Call 'em today... FOR sure! I mean they were supposed to have told you something by now... UGH! ? I know I am freaking annoying, but the suspense is KILLING me..and I already know. I am still in this with you... because I guess I torture myself?! I am just at work... seeing students at random... while STAAR benchmarks are going on around us... and slowly filing the last 2 weeks of Medicaid. I mean it's not hard but it's just BORING. I know... get used to paperwork. I just have a case of the 'I don't wannas'.... I think I got it from the kids. Come on Friday... we get out at noon for Christmas until we come back Jan 7. I really need to do Medicaid and progress notes before Friday. My supervisor wants to approve my medicaid before Wednesday.... so I will continue to check on you! I'm still praying for you to get good news!!!

I'm trying to relax! lol It's nice to hear that others are waiting also because I keep thinking my twu email is broken (pretty dumb)!

11 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

I'm trying to relax! lol It's nice to hear that others are waiting also because I keep thinking my twu email is broken (pretty dumb)!

HA... I know right? Last week, before I heard back that my form was received, I actually sent myself an email from work to TWU email to make sure it was working. So if you've even done that, it's OK!

1 minute ago, MH13 said:

HA... I know right? Last week, before I heard back that my form was received, I actually sent myself an email from work to TWU email to make sure it was working. So if you've even done that, it's OK!

Ummmm.....just did that. haha that actually made me feel better.

This is from a friend of a friend who also has not heard back: I just talked to Penny, they sent out a group of acceptance letters and a group of rejection and there are 30 students they just aren’t sure about yet and hopefully they will have an answer by the end of the week if not beginning of January when they get back.

28 minutes ago, Case86 said:

This is from a friend of a friend who also has not heard back: I just talked to Penny, they sent out a group of acceptance letters and a group of rejection and there are 30 students they just aren’t sure about yet and hopefully they will have an answer by the end of the week if not beginning of January when they get back.

I’m that friend!! ? 

I was so excited to finally get in touch with her! She feels really bad that we are still waiting and kept reassuring me that they are working hard! 

Okay, they are processing admitted student's 'missing' items/what needs to be submitted. For example, I need to send them verification that I completed my 25 clock hours of observation at a university. (I did @ TTUHSC) and I need to take chemistry or physics before May 26 2019. So, that's being handled now...

4 minutes ago, HRazz said:

Has anyone heard anything? (I know they said end of the week)... My impatient heart just can't handle the wait! 

They said end of week? I'm still waiting from region 19 (el paso)

15 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

They said end of week? I'm still waiting from region 19 (el paso)

She said maybe by the end of the week BUT if not then when they get back for the next semester... I am just praying its sooner! 

46 minutes ago, HRazz said:

Has anyone heard anything? (I know they said end of the week)... My impatient heart just can't handle the wait! 

Still haven’t heard anything either! I’m trying to be patient, but I don’t want to wait for next semester to find out!

They should be done auditing accepted student files, which it makes sense to me to move to the rest of the stack of students- the accept or decline stack. I wonder if they are doing it differently this time to avoid a waitlist or having too many on the waitlist.

Penny emailed me at 8:23 to answer a question I had about when the latest my transcript showing I've taken the chemistry course needed to be there- right before kick off, and to ensure she received my scan of my university-directed observation hours. I would think they should be making final decisions before they leave for the holidays though.

20 minutes ago, Case86 said:

I’m draining my battery from refreshing my email so often

Yes! I have my personal email, this website and my TWU email up 24/7 with all notifications on and check each as frequently as possible! I am trying so hard to stay positive but the stress is really starting to get to me! I am praying hard for this to be the best Christmas present ever! 

2 hours ago, MH13 said:

They should be done auditing accepted student files, which it makes sense to me to move to the rest of the stack of students- the accept or decline stack. I wonder if they are doing it differently this time to avoid a waitlist or having too many on the waitlist.

Penny emailed me at 8:23 to answer a question I had about when the latest my transcript showing I've taken the chemistry course needed to be there- right before kick off, and to ensure she received my scan of my university-directed observation hours. I would think they should be making final decisions before they leave for the holidays though.

At least we know they’re still there! That gives me hope! I guess we’re unoffically the waitlist? Do you know how their waitlist works? I’m really confused on the whole process right now! 

7 minutes ago, HRazz said:

At least we know they’re still there! That gives me hope! I guess we’re unoffically the waitlist? Do you know how their waitlist works? I’m really confused on the whole process right now! 

Yes, they are still there! I am not even sure how they are doing things this cycle. Last time (cycle 9), I was sent a notification that I was on the waitlist the same day that acceptances and denials were sent out. I was then told that they would let me know if anyone declined the offer by early January; they gave a date but I don't remember off-hand. After that date, I was sent a message by Dr. Moorer-Cook that at the time all of the spots were filled, but they would let me know if one opened up for any reason, and pending that I could secure a sponsorship (not hard, my district is sponsoring me and they need me to go) I would be notified. Unfortunately, nothing opened up before the first of May, so I wasn't in. I never received an official denial, webadvisor was advised of the denial 8/26/16 (long after the program started), but they didn't update it online until 10/10/17.... so yeah.... IDK what they are doing this time. NOTHING is making sense!!!

On 12/17/2018 at 2:37 PM, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

I haven't applied anywhere else! I don't know where else to apply to, honestly lol. Suggestions?

OLLU (San Antonio), Texas State, UNT, Texas Tech. Do you want to go to school out-of-state? 

40 minutes ago, SoCali said:

OLLU (San Antonio), Texas State, UNT, Texas Tech. Do you want to go to school out-of-state? 

Tech is super competitive. That’s where I did my undergrad. West Tx in Amarillo, Lamar, Abilene Christian. Depends on if you have to stay in the area. All of those programs are on-campus. I know TTUHSC you can’t work while in the program. Not even as a SLP-A. You have classes and clinic during the time you would work elsewhere. I would say high GPA (most the ones that got accepted no waitlist) in my UG class had solid 4.0 GPAs, GRE V and Q above 150, 4.0 on writing. No letters of rec but you do have to interview. Sherry is very nice but intimidating at first. 

13 hours ago, MH13 said:

Tech is super competitive. That’s where I did my undergrad. West Tx in Amarillo, Lamar, Abilene Christian. Depends on if you have to stay in the area. All of those programs are on-campus. I know TTUHSC you can’t work while in the program. Not even as a SLP-A. You have classes and clinic during the time you would work elsewhere. I would say high GPA (most the ones that got accepted no waitlist) in my UG class had solid 4.0 GPAs, GRE V and Q above 150, 4.0 on writing. No letters of rec but you do have to interview. Sherry is very nice but intimidating at first. 

When did you graduate from Tech? I graduated in '12 ?