2019 Applicants

6 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

There are a few fellowships I'm thinking of applying to but rn I am so paralyzed thinking about decisions and the possibility of a shut-out that it's making me stressed to put the cart before the horse. Anyone else in this boat?

THIS. Exactly. My brain is like a deconstructed breakfast burrito right now.....a MESS. I’ve convinced myself that i’ll be face to face with a shut-out and without a back-up plan. Not really sure where to go from here lol. 

7 minutes ago, Warelin said:

People who interviewed last year at Notre Dame said that they received their decisions before boarding on their return flight. I'm guessing that they make notes during the visit and compare them before the 8th.

Thanks! That’s both really exciting and nerve-wrecking...

2 minutes ago, jadeisokay said:

feb 5! next week!! 

I'll look forward to it!

Just now, mandelbulb said:

i can’t believe i’m already out of reactions for today lol

5 is never quite enough when we're in the middle of results. 

2 minutes ago, pdh12 said:

fun fact: if i hadn't already hammered the nail in the Penn State Interview coffin (Very Likely), i definitely did when i emailed them asking how the Rutgers deliberations were going.......FMLLLLLLLLL

They must know that you are applying many places and that this is a trying time??? ?

5 minutes ago, pdh12 said:

fun fact: if i hadn't already hammered the nail in the Penn State Interview coffin (Very Likely), i definitely did when i emailed them asking how the Rutgers deliberations were going.......FMLLLLLLLLL

Aw! If anything, I'll bet they had an empathetic laugh and moved on with whatever conversation they were having before. They already knew where else you were applying and there's no way a little email flub would impact their opinion of you. :) 

Hi everyone! I was accepted into OSU's MA/PhD and, while I haven't officially accepted the offer, I'm pretty sure I'm will! I just wanted to say hi on here to anyone else who might be going to the visit day in April or who might want to chat about why they may or may not be accepting their offer. Also, if there's anyone like me who's almost for sure going, I'm already living in the Columbus area, (though I will be moving closer to campus if I accept the offer) and would be happy to give any advice about moving to Columbus or finding a place in Columbus at some point if that would be in any way helpful to anyone. Congrats to all who got in...I'm super excited to meet you!

7 hours ago, bardie said:

I'm lactose intolerant ?

My Xanax and I will comfort each other... (Me to my therapist: "I just need something, you don't understand, my life flashes before my eyes every time I refresh my email." Her: "Alright, fine. I'll do this for you. But just this once.")

Trader Joes has this ahmazing coconut milk ice cream if you ever get a chance to try it. Goes well with Xanax, I’ve heard. 

8 hours ago, Bopie5 said:

Last night I splurged on a pint of Ben & Jerry's (I usually don't budget for snacks of any kind, especially not pricey ones like that!). Hopefully it'll get me through the week!

Ooh, Phish Food? Ben & Jerry’s is worth it, this week. 

Just now, kendalldinniene said:

You inspired me, I just made a milkshake and it did make me feel better

Right!? I've been eating ice cream and binge watching the newer season of American Crime Story every night and it is a good way to cope. Also went stargazing in the middle of the night with a dear friend of mine on Saturday and I highly recommend it for anyone who feels like this process has sapped away the poetic parts of their soul.

53 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Right!? I've been eating ice cream and binge watching the newer season of American Crime Story every night and it is a good way to cope. Also went stargazing in the middle of the night with a dear friend of mine on Saturday and I highly recommend it for anyone who feels like this process has sapped away the poetic parts of their soul.

I devoured that season last week! 

And I had an amazing conversation about extra uterine gestation with someone at a party last week that jolted my academic lit brain back into action.  I’ve been looking at UPenn’s call for papers site and I think I’m going to get back to work to distract/nourish myself.

9 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

First thing I do upon waking is check my email and then my application portal for the two schools that should be notifying the soonest. Is there a technology addiction recovery program specifically for grad school applicants? I think I need one... ?

I’ve been updating my e-mails every 4 or 5 minutes since 9am (which is so very stupid because my 9am is midnight in US CT). This waiting is pure torture... ? 

29 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

First thing I do upon waking is check my email and then my application portal for the two schools that should be notifying the soonest. Is there a technology addiction recovery program specifically for grad school applicants? I think I need one... ?

This is basically my routine. It’s  a problem. 

I just got an email from Duke saying to check my application portal because a decision has been made....but it says no decision made!?!?!?!??!  Did anyone else receive an email?