Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

Guest notsethrogen
On 2/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, PsychologyLife1 said:

My poi @ Ottawa said the committee is meeting this week, acceptances and rejections will be sent out next week

Did Ottawa even have interviews? Or do they shortlist for interviews? Or did I miss the boat and am drowning but don't even know it?

Edited by notsethrogen

3 hours ago, Neurophilic said:

I’m not sure if it’s the same for counselling but my POI for clinical said decisions go out mid to late March! 

Thanks! They are indeed different departments but it seems like they have similar deadlines. I currently work for a lab in the clinical department at McGill and have noticed that people were still coming in for interviews just this week. Best of luck to you! :)

41 minutes ago, notsethrogen said:

Did Ottawa even have interviews? Or do they shortlist for interviews? Or did I miss the boat and am drowning but don't even know it?

I think we may have missed the boat. I think a couple people have had interviews already?

Hi all! 

Ive been lurking for months — and finally made an account. Here’s my update for UOttawa: clinical psych rejected. MED - Counselling Psychology Waitlisted. 

Can anyone explain to me a bit about the waitlist process?

(ps. Sorry to write about counselling on this thread! There just isn’t a thread to speak about it) 

1 hour ago, vygotskyisgod said:

Thanks! They are indeed different departments but it seems like they have similar deadlines. I currently work for a lab in the clinical department at McGill and have noticed that people were still coming in for interviews just this week. Best of luck to you! :)

Ah I see. I had my interview beginning of February so it's definitely been a long process. Thank you! Best of luck to you as well :) 

Guest notsethrogen
1 hour ago, aaaaaaaaa said:

I think we may have missed the boat. I think a couple people have had interviews already?

Just called Ottawa.  They don't interview (unless POI wants to).  The committee met and has sent out some offers but there are still a handful that have yet to be sent.  They said the rest will be sent within 2 weeks.

15 minutes ago, notsethrogen said:

Just called Ottawa.  They don't interview (unless POI wants to).  The committee met and has sent out some offers but there are still a handful that have yet to be sent.  They said the rest will be sent within 2 weeks.

Thank you!! There is still hope.

37 minutes ago, Bananaslol said:

Hi all! 

Ive been lurking for months — and finally made an account. Here’s my update for UOttawa: clinical psych rejected. MED - Counselling Psychology Waitlisted. 

Can anyone explain to me a bit about the waitlist process?

(ps. Sorry to write about counselling on this thread! There just isn’t a thread to speak about it) 

Sorry to hear about the clinical program! Do you mind sharing when you were notified about the rejection and through what source (i.e., the portal or email)? 

In terms of wait lists, they aren't usually very long and idk about counselling but for the clinical wait lists most schools give candidates til April 15th to respond so you def still have a chance! 

Hang tight! 

Guest notsethrogen
8 minutes ago, Mickey_ said:

Thank you!! There is still hope.

Technically, yes.  But I am no longer optimistic.  This process, for the second year in a row, has really put a damper on how I view my undergrad 'accomplishments'.

I see someone officially accepted an offer to UBCO. Yay! Congratulations to you!! I am excited to know that movement is happening because I assume I am sitting on a waitlist. Oh man...this process is interesting. WIll contact the grad secretary next week to get more details if I am not provided any formal communication. Has anyone received a letter regarding waitlist from UBCO?? 

21 minutes ago, OnThePath01 said:

I see someone officially accepted an offer to UBCO. Yay! Congratulations to you!! I am excited to know that movement is happening because I assume I am sitting on a waitlist. Oh man...this process is interesting. WIll contact the grad secretary next week to get more details if I am not provided any formal communication. Has anyone received a letter regarding waitlist from UBCO?? 

I think UBC O has filled everyone out. https://psych.ok.ubc.ca/graduate/ma-phd/admissions-data/ If you see, they offered 6, and 5 accepted offers, which is how much space they allotted for this intake year... at least that's my interpretation :( I could be wrong though

Guest notsethrogen

Rejected from UBCO.  Emailed POI.

They said decisions were made yesterday (despite the fact the committee met on Monday and a few students posted acceptances on Tuesday).

Edited by notsethrogen

1 hour ago, notsethrogen said:

They said decisions were made yesterday (despite the fact the committee met on Monday and a few students posted acceptances on Tuesday).

:(:(:(

2 hours ago, notsethrogen said:

:( Does that mean that if you haven't heard back by now, it's a definite no?

Edited by lobstergirl

Hi! So I’ve seen some rejections and a waitlist posted for a school that I applied for but didn’t interview with (Manitoba), but my status on their portal still says “under review in department”- I’m guessing that as it’s so late that I must be rejected (I had received a rejection from them by this time last year), but it seems strange that my portal hasn’t updated when it has for others. Anyone else have experience with this? Thanks guys and congrats to everyone who’s received an acceptance! 

7 minutes ago, a display name said:

Hi! So I’ve seen some rejections and a waitlist posted for a school that I applied for but didn’t interview with (Manitoba), but my status on their portal still says “under review in department”- I’m guessing that as it’s so late that I must be rejected (I had received a rejection from them by this time last year), but it seems strange that my portal hasn’t updated when it has for others. Anyone else have experience with this? Thanks guys and congrats to everyone who’s received an acceptance! 

Oh there's still hope then :) I got flat out rejected without an interview haha No email but I checked the portal and it said "decision-made: rejection." Good luck to you :)

8 hours ago, lobstergirl said:

:( Does that mean that if you haven't heard back by now, it's a definite no?

Hey! interviewed with UBCO last year and they called those who were accepted all on one day. The director sent an email a few weeks after to notify others of rejection. I think at least one individual was accepted off the waitlist though as I did see an acceptance posted on the results page a few weeks later!! Good luck and I hope it works out for those of you who are waiting to hear from them :) 

7 minutes ago, Mickey26 said:

Oh there's still hope then :) I got flat out rejected without an interview haha No email but I checked the portal and it said "decision-made: rejection." Good luck to you :)

Thank you!! :) 

1 hour ago, a display name said:

I believe first round of offers were sent out earlier this week and all the faculty concluded their interviews a couple of weeks ago :(