Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

4 hours ago, notsethrogen said:

Emailed POI at uOttawa.  Rejected.  So if you haven't heard back, it is likely that your application is unsuccessful.  Apologies.

...Oh nevermind :( Sorry to hear. Guess I'll sit back and wait for the rejections to start rolling in? Ugh this is torture!

1 hour ago, rosieejoh said:

Same ! But I feel like they must have sent out acceptances by now. Especially if people have been waitlisted. 

Have people been waitlisted/accepted to the counseling and clinical psychology program at OISE?

Welp, official rejections from UBCO just went out, at least for those of us who went to the interviews. Huge bummer as I loved everything about that program and the lab I applied to (not to mention the city). I guess I'm grateful that they didn't keep us hanging on for so long. Congrats to whoever got in!

7 hours ago, aaaaaaaaa said:

I'm not the person who emailed their POI, but I believe the second option is what happened. If you need to know ASAP it would probably be best to send an email to check!

Oh sorry! I see that now. I am so nervous to email. Sometimes staying in the dark can be blissful haha. Thanks for responding anyways! 

6 hours ago, chopper.wife said:

Thank you! Super relieved and hope you all get some relief soon as well. Haha! I am still checking it a weird amount despite accepting... I think it might be habitual now yikes!!

It is habitual. 4 years later...I'm still here (periodically). It is also intrinsically motivating to help out fellow Canadian applicants! :)  

Officially accepted my offer to Uvic!! Such a weight off my shoulders and am so excited for what is to come next! Just wanted to thank everyone so much for their support and help throughout this process! I wish everyone all the best :)

9 hours ago, NorthernBlondie said:

Officially accepted my offer to Uvic!! Such a weight off my shoulders and am so excited for what is to come next! Just wanted to thank everyone so much for their support and help throughout this process! I wish everyone all the best :)

Congrats!! So happy for you, it sounds like such a lovely program ??

19 minutes ago, gillis_55 said:

Received UOttawa rejection this morning with an email to check the portal - expected, as I didn't interview. 

Ugh, mine still says under review even though I haven't interviewed. I've already received an offer that I'm very excited about from somewhere else, but it frustrates me that these schools can't be candid with us earlier, you know? Just drop the hammer already.

Edited by Ladydaydream

16 hours ago, clinicalpsyapplicant said:

Have people been waitlisted/accepted to the counseling and clinical psychology program at OISE?

I still haven’t heard anything...I was told that not everyone who gets accepted is interviewed first.

1 hour ago, gillis_55 said:

Received UOttawa rejection this morning with an email to check the portal - expected, as I didn't interview. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think the rejections are rolled out alphabetically? I didn't interview either so I'm expecting it but haven't received the formal letter yet lol

2 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think the rejections are rolled out alphabetically? I didn't interview either so I'm expecting it but haven't received the formal letter yet lol

Not sure - I emailed the grad sec yesterday to ask for an update so maybe they expedited the process for mine?

1 minute ago, gillis_55 said:

Received a rejection for McGill Clinical CGS-M just now. Apparently this is the day for rejections ? I didn't interview so I wouldn't have been able to accept it anyhow, but would've been nice to put on the CV

How did you find out about your CGS-M status for that program - my application portal hasn't changed. 

Just now, Psych_101 said:

How did you find out about your CGS-M status for that program - my application portal hasn't changed. 

It's not reflected on the application portal - mine still says "under review". I received a generic email from the grad program coordinator, informing me that my CGS-M application was not being forwarded for further review at the departmental level. If you didn't receive this maybe it means yours was forwarded for further consideration?