Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

2 hours ago, Psych_101 said:

Re: SCCP OISE - I spoke to someone in the program and they informed me that only Ph.D. offers have been extended which haven't required interviews only automatic responses, so hopefully MA interviews and offers will be happening next?  ?

Do you know why PhD offers would have automatic responses?

2 minutes ago, clinicalpsyapplicant said:

Do you know why PhD offers would have automatic responses?

She didn't say just that it's basically automatic entry, transitioning from MA into PhD within the same program. 

OISE formal acceptances went out via an automated e-mail linking to SGS on March 5 last year. But I think you're in good shape if you've had an informal acceptance :) Still, an official letter is even better! 

2 hours ago, Desperate Clinical said:

Hey guys, question:

I've received an informal acceptance to a program from both the head of the department and my POI, but no letter yet from SGS. It's been about two weeks... is it possible to get accepted and then declined by SGS? I'm just a little confused as to why it's taking so long.

Maybe they are awaiting further interviews before sending out official letters/updating SGS? Just conjecturing

3 hours ago, Desperate Clinical said:

Very quickly- 3 days or so, but that is not in the norm.

Hmm... that is strange. This happened to me as well (accepted 3 days after interview), and I received my official letter 2 days after. 

It cant hurt to inquire, but it may be school dependent. 

Edited by Neurophilic

3 hours ago, Stickyknow said:

Hello guys, I'm just wondering whether it's normal for POI to send unofficial acceptance to students?

Yes. That's basically how it works. The psych grad committee unofficially accepts you, and then your name get forwarded to the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) where you are approved and get an official offer. May take a while for the official offer/letters to roll out, depending on when FGS meets. :)

@waterloo applicants: I just got a generic rejection email from an admissions admin, so I would imagine that some decisions should be sent out in the next little while! Dunno if it's relevant at this point, but I was interviewed both via skype and in person. Good luck to the rest of ya!

Has anyone heard back from York (CD or C) after interviewing last week? Wondering how long they typically take to make their decisions. Didn’t ask if it was a committee driven decision or just the POI either. 

The hard thing about this process is that you basically get radio silence if you’ve been waitlisted or rejected - personally I’d prefer to get an email when the first round of offers go out and know that I’m waitlisted (or rejected). Not sure why they err on the side of providing no information. 

1 minute ago, gillis_55 said:

Has anyone heard back from York (CD or C) after interviewing last week? Wondering how long they typically take to make their decisions. Didn’t ask if it was a committee driven decision or just the POI either. 

The hard thing about this process is that you basically get radio silence if you’ve been waitlisted or rejected - personally I’d prefer to get an email when the first round of offers go out and know that I’m waitlisted (or rejected). Not sure why they err on the side of providing no information. 

From what I understand, it's just up to the POI. Mine said they'll be giving out offers early next week. 

19 minutes ago, gillis_55 said:

I haven’t heard anything officially.  My POI did say no news means she is still considering my application and offers should be made next month. 

5 hours ago, Stickyknow said:

Have you received an acceptance letter?

Nope, they said next week at the earliest for acceptances. Just enjoyed meeting everyone at the interviews and stupidly didn't get any contact info from all the potential new friends!

For all of those who have gotten that unofficial acceptance/invite to open house from Windsor, do you know when we could expect to get the official letter if we're approved by the Faculty of Graduate Studies? I'm super paranoid that something is going to go wrong at that stage and I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about when that would be sent out. 

Thank you!

36 minutes ago, Ladydaydream said:

For all of those who have gotten that unofficial acceptance/invite to open house from Windsor, do you know when we could expect to get the official letter if we're approved by the Faculty of Graduate Studies? I'm super paranoid that something is going to go wrong at that stage and I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about when that would be sent out. 

Thank you!

When my POI explained the process to me, they said that official acceptances should go out mid to late February. Hopefully soon!

6 hours ago, vandelay11 said:

@waterloo applicants: I just got a generic rejection email from an admissions admin, so I would imagine that some decisions should be sent out in the next little while! Dunno if it's relevant at this point, but I was interviewed both via skype and in person. Good luck to the rest of ya!

Did anyone else get a rejection email from Waterloo? I saw that 3 people posted about it on the results page so I'm wondering if they sent out a mass email. I didn't get an email so I'm wondering what that means for my app. I'm really hoping for an acceptance and the waiting is killing me. 

On 2/21/2019 at 7:15 PM, gradlady said:

congratulations! Can I ask if it’s your first time applying? Also were you the person who posted on the results page that your supervisor is DB? If not, would you mind private messaging me your supervisor. I would really appreciate it! Waterloo is the last school I’m waiting to hear back from

hi yes it is my first time applying! and no my supervisor is not DB :) I'll PM you his initials

Hey everyone I officially accepted one of my offers.. I know it's not common to do so early but I think the program is amazing and so is the supervisor! I previously said I got OGS at Ottawa, so whoever is on the waitlist for scholarships and the program I hope you get what you want! (I haven't received a program acceptance but if I do, good luck)! 

4 minutes ago, gradlady said:

Does anyone have any insight about OISE counselling and psychotherapy program? Has anyone been interviewed? Or know when final decisions are made by?

I do know of someone who interviewed in early February (not me) so there have been interviews that have taken place. Not sure if it was individual POI or panel, though.