2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

56 minutes ago, Ntwadumela said:

I heard back from them today, and I'm 90% sure they're going to be releasing more over the next few days!

Congrats! And that’s good to know, thank you! 

19 minutes ago, _kb said:

I emailed JHU admissions to try and figure that out but no response... ? 

In the email that they sent a while back, they said to expect them between 18-20th, so it's possible that they are still sending out interviews!

3 hours ago, Scrappyhappy said:

Not sure,  but I think most results have been for neuroscience and physiology.  Not neural science. Hoping for both our sakes that it's not over :)

I really hope so!  Looks like Sackler sent out more invites today even though they had sent out some yesterday so hoping Neural Science also releases invitations day to day.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, shouldhavedone said:

Phillys rather crime ridden n expensive

are you kidding? every major city has crime (some more than others), you just have to be smart and safe, which is easy to do in Philly. Compared to a lot of other major cities its actually super affordable. Everyone has different experiences, lets try not to speak in absolutes and stay positive here...

On 12/17/2018 at 10:45 PM, veileddreamer said:

Yes indeed! I know you must be so excited too! Do you / does anyone here know what your odds are like getting an interview for CNAP? Like ratio of interviewees to admissions offers they're prepared to make?

I dont know how many interview invites they sent out, but they received a little over 100 applications and tend to enroll 5-7 people each year 

big long post ahead, only read it if you're interested in any program at OHSU hahaha

Hey ya'll, I'm that person who applied to OHSU Vollum/NGP and got an interview invite for Behavioral Neuro.

Interestingly enough, I just got the official "waitlist" notification from Vollum. So it seems like there's some amount of crosstalk between programs... where Vollum got my app and handed it off to Behav Neuro because my interests are somewhat behavioral? Not sure what happened, but I'm grateful to interview at OHSU either way! 

Also, the email said the following: 
"We have made some invitations for interviews and will be making other interview invitations in early to mid January depending on the availability of interview slots. At this time, your application is on our "wait list," but we will update you on your status in January."

So it seems Vollum/NGP may be done sending invites, unless they just said that to ease my pain. 

5 hours ago, Scrappyhappy said:

Not sure,  but I think most results have been for neuroscience and physiology.  Not neural science. Hoping for both our sakes that it's not over :)

I think both neuroscience and neural science are reviewed by the same committee, isn't it?

4 minutes ago, FirstYear said:

Ya'll are stressing me out. I applied to Boston, Georgetown, CU Anschutz, Brown, UPenn, and Princeton. I began checking the Accepted/Rejected Forums on here tonight and now I am nervous! This waiting game is trash.

Princeton and Brown have finished sending invites sadly!

7 minutes ago, FirstYear said:

I totally wasn't expecting decisions to come out so quickly ? 

This blows, why don't they post application statuses online!

That would be so helpful right! But yeah, some programs gave our interview invites right after the deadline, others I know wont be back until late Jan ?

21 minutes ago, FirstYear said:

Ya'll are stressing me out. I applied to Boston, Georgetown, CU Anschutz, Brown, UPenn, and Princeton. I began checking the Accepted/Rejected Forums on here tonight and now I am nervous! This waiting game is trash.

Boston usually doesn’t send invites until the end of January which is super annoying. 

1 minute ago, Scrappyhappy said:

Is there confirmation that brown is done for the committee ?

Im almost positive from the way the admin phrased it to me on the phone. He said the committee had finished meeting and reviewing the applications, and selected applicants for the interview weekend + general stuff about there being a lot of great applicants this round. Theymight be similar to other schools in that they dont send rejections until they are sure eveyone can attend, as to select other great applicants in their place if they turn it down?

6 hours ago, charmingdiary said:

Harvard was a long shot hahaha, although I did love one of their labs.

I think UWashington is done too. My top schools still haven't said anything. Really hoping they're spreading out the invites. I know Pitt invited me since I'm currently a post-bacc there lol.

HELLO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HEARD ANYTHING YET FROM THE OHSU NPG PROGRAM? IF SO WHEN? 

WAS YOUR BACHELOR'S IN NEUROSCIENCE? OR WHAT WAS YOUR MAJOR, THANKS!