Jump to content

2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got a call with an offer for the Brown Neuroscience PhD! With my gpa from undergrad being 3.27 (3.07 in major), i really wasn't too hopeful for this round of applications- But I'm ecstatic! 

Ugh I need to stop refreshing my email... my heart jumps every time i get a notification. stupid stores need to stop emailing me I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SALE YOU'RE HAVING I JUST WANNA GET INTO GRAD SCH

Ahahahah I'm accepted by Harvard PiN :)))))) So happy

Posted Images

Hi!! Fellow applicant~

I applied to: Harvard (Neuro), NYU (Neuro), Rockefeller (Bioscience), Stanford (Bioscience), Tufts (Neuro), UCSD (Neuro), UCSF (Neuro), University of Rochester (Neuro), University of Virginia (Neuro), University of Washington (Neuro), Yale (BBS)

11 in total...whew!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey!

I'm being really ambitious and probably naive, applying to Stanford biosciences (neuro), MIT brain and cognitive sciences, Cornell neurosciences, Berkeley neuroscience, Upenn neuro, UCSF neuro, UofT medsci, and McGill neuro :) how about you @light1996?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, veldter said:

hey!

I'm being really ambitious and probably naive, applying to Stanford biosciences (neuro), MIT brain and cognitive sciences, Cornell neurosciences, Berkeley neuroscience, Upenn neuro, UCSF neuro, UofT medsci, and McGill neuro :) how about you @light1996?

haha!! at least you're aware that you're being ambitious! that's really great though honestly. Shoot for the moon!! Also a lot of times these big name schools intimidate people so there's not as many people who apply. You have a shot!! I hope you get in wherever is best for you and your journey.

I applied to 10 programs (wan't sure if I should apply to less or more so I just stuck to 10 lol). My PI said he applied to only 2 - Carnegie and somewhere else - but he said not to do that hahah. UCI (Psych), UCI (Neuro), UCLA (Neuro), UCSD (Psych), UCSD (Neuro), UCR (Psych), UCR (Neuro), Stanford Biosciences (Neuro), Berkeley (Psych), and UC Davis (Neuro). I was trying to stay in California.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, theschuster said:

I did UCLA, UCI, UMass Med, BU, and USC. did anyone receive any interviews from these places yet? ?

Hi! I also applied to UCLA and UCI Neuro. I haven't heard anything just yet but I do know a little bit about the UCI INP program since the lab I am currently in is part of the INP. Their recruitment period when they conduct interviews is mid-January and end of January. They probably won't send out emails for a little while. If any PI's do preliminary interviews, that's above my knowledge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I was extremely insecure and applied to 15 programs - BU (Biomedical Sciences), Northwestern (Neuro), Vanderbilt (Biomed Sciences), Baylor College of Medicine (Neuro), U of Utah (Neuro), Purdue (Life Sciences),  Uof Rochester (Neuro), Van Andel Research Institute, Wake Forest (Neuro), U of Pittsburgh (Neuro), Stony Brook (Neuro), U of Colorado-Boulder (Neuro), Penn State (Neuro), UT Health San Antonio (Neuro), Brandeis (Neuro). 

 

Has anyone heard from any of these universities? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 12:16 AM, yash13177 said:

Hi!! Fellow applicant~

I applied to: Harvard (Neuro), NYU (Neuro), Rockefeller (Bioscience), Stanford (Bioscience), Tufts (Neuro), UCSD (Neuro), UCSF (Neuro), University of Rochester (Neuro), University of Virginia (Neuro), University of Washington (Neuro), Yale (BBS)

11 in total...whew!!

Hey! 

 

@yash13177 we basically applied to the same schools haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 2:16 AM, yash13177 said:

Hi!! Fellow applicant~

I applied to: Harvard (Neuro), NYU (Neuro), Rockefeller (Bioscience), Stanford (Bioscience), Tufts (Neuro), UCSD (Neuro), UCSF (Neuro), University of Rochester (Neuro), University of Virginia (Neuro), University of Washington (Neuro), Yale (BBS)

11 in total...whew!!

Lots of overlap between us! Hopefully we'll meet at interviews ?

My list: Stanford (neuro), UNC (BBSP), UCSD (BMS), UCSD (neuro), MIT (brain and cognitive), Harvard (neuro), UCSF (BMS), Scripps, NIH/Johns Hopkins joint program, U Penn (neuro), Boston U (neuro)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

I'm an international applicant and I was super stressed about applying to neuro programs since my background is in engineering (applying to computational neuroscience). I applied to Stanford (neuro), Harvard (neuro), UCSD (neuro), Princeton (neuro), UCB-UCSF (Joint BioE), MIT-Harvard (HST), Upenn (BioE). Good luck to everyone and I hope to meet you guys at interviews!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya!!

8 minutes ago, maya123z said:

Just got my first interview invitation from U Penn (neuro)!

Congrats @maya123z!!!

I applied to 9 neuro programs (psych background with 2 years post-bac in a neuro lab): UNC (BBSP), WashU (DBBS), UMinnesota, UMichigan (direct neuro), Johns Hopkins, UMaryland,-Baltimore, UWashington, UCSD (neuro), and Northwestern (nuin). 

Good luck everyone!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!

I applies to 7 programs (lucky number hopefully lol)- Mayo Clinic, Weill Cornell, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, USUHS, and Princeton. 

Ive been living in a state of constant stress, so I made a suspected list of release dates for these programs based on past years interview notifications ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blackprodigy said:

Hey guys! I just got my first invite from UNC BBSP! So excited.

I'm so applying to Vandy (IGP), UAB, UTSW, WashU, Weill Cornell, Dartmouth, Brown, and Yale.

Good luck to all! The waiting game continues...

We have half in common! Ill keep my fingers crossed for the both of us lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

Figured I would post something here because I keep checking this thread anyways! I applied to 9 programs, most of which have not been represented by posters yet (most are less intense programs that are midwestern). Hopefully I can provide some updates for any other chronic lurkers that feel somewhat intimidated by some of these program lists ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, blackprodigy said:

Hey guys! I just got my first invite from UNC BBSP! So excited.

I'm so applying to Vandy (IGP), UAB, UTSW, WashU, Weill Cornell, Dartmouth, Brown, and Yale.

Good luck to all! The waiting game continues...

When did you send your applications in? Especially for the UNC?

 

Edited by kate_111
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my third year applying and the anxiety does not get any better as the years go on! First year was exclusively PhD programs (for Fall '16), second year was master's programs (for Fall '17, which I got into and am finishing up now), now trying for PhD again. This is my year, I can feel it!

My list: University of Toronto (psych), Brock University (psych), University of Guelph (psych), University of Western Ontario (neuro), McMaster University (neuro) 

Some of my applications aren't even due until mid-January, so I have a long wait ahead of me! I continue to obsessively read this thread and envy all of the super quick American interview invites... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 10:24 PM, maya123z said:

Lots of overlap between us! Hopefully we'll meet at interviews ?

My list: Stanford (neuro), UNC (BBSP), UCSD (BMS), UCSD (neuro), MIT (brain and cognitive), Harvard (neuro), UCSF (BMS), Scripps, NIH/Johns Hopkins joint program, U Penn (neuro), Boston U (neuro)

Would love to cross paths!! :D Fingers and toes crossed for us!! (I have friends at UCSD, MIT and UCSF if you ever have any unanswered questions!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

so glad someone made this thread! i'm a current senior undergrad at NYU in the neuro dept, so if anyone has any questions about it lmk! though idk if i can answer them. 

I applied to 8 schools, UMichigan (direct to Neuro), Berkeley (Neuro), Vanderbilt (Neuro), Hopkins (Neuro), Yale (BBS), UPenn (Neuro), UCSD (Neuro), and OHSU (NGP). 

the wait for interview invitations is paralyzing but hopefully they start to come by soon :)) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, k8e said:

so glad someone made this thread! i'm a current senior undergrad at NYU in the neuro dept, so if anyone has any questions about it lmk! though idk if i can answer them. 

I applied to 8 schools, UMichigan (direct to Neuro), Berkeley (Neuro), Vanderbilt (Neuro), Hopkins (Neuro), Yale (BBS), UPenn (Neuro), UCSD (Neuro), and OHSU (NGP). 

the wait for interview invitations is paralyzing but hopefully they start to come by soon :)) 

Oof I applied to Sackler and GSAS (neural science). I just love NYC to death...hope can hear back from either of them soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.