2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

Hi everyone! Glad to find this site.. I've been checking the result page 10 times a day  ??

I applied to Harvard (PiN, BBS, MCB), Stanford (Neuro), Columbia (Neuro), NYU(Neuro),  UCSF(Neuro), UCSD(Neuro), UCLA(Neuro), Tufts(Neuro), Duke(CNAP), BU(Neuro), Welli Cornell(Neuro), Dartmouth(Psyc), WashU(Neuro), and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory..

It seems that the programs I applied to haven't started sending out invitations.. Hopefully we will hear back from them soon! Good luck to everyone!!!

Applied to Vanderbilt, Pitt, UT Austin, Rutgers, Georgetown, Brandeis, Tufts, Boston University, OHSU, Colorado - Denver, UNC BBSP, and Univ of Michigan 

Really hoping UNC sends out another round of interview invites because they were my first choice!

2019 PhD Applications: Vanderbilt, Pitt, UT Austin, Rutgers, Georgetown, Brandeis, Tufts, Boston University, OHSU, Colorado - Denver, UNC BBSP, and Univ of Michigan 

Interview (0/12)
Rejected (0/12):     
Accepted (0/12):      
Waitlisted (0/12):

Edited by neurooooo

58 minutes ago, bkim346 said:

And minutes after I posted my list,  I got an interview invite through an email for the Neuroscience PhD program at Baylor College of Medicine!

Congrats! May I ask the time that you submit your application? and are you domestic student or international student?

57 minutes ago, yuxin said:

Congrats! May I ask the time that you submit your application? and are you domestic student or international student?

Thanks! I'm a domestic student and I submitted my application on the 28th of November.

4 hours ago, earsnbrains said:

In your email, did they offer you the option of both their interview dates? I'm annoyed right now cuz apparently my top 3 all have the same freaking interview weekend (2/14-2/16), Penn included, so im praying they give you the option to choose the January date

Yes mine included both options. I chose the January date.

4 hours ago, yuxin said:

Finally found someone apply for Duke! Do you know whether they will post standard tests receiving status in the application dashboard? I have reported my GRE but I couldn't find this info everywhere.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I sent my GRE scores back in October and it always said "received" so I don't think I could be of much help. Sorry!

16 minutes ago, zzzz233 said:

Has anyone heard back from UCSF? I know a girl who just got an interview invitation from them.

+1 for UCSF, just got the email!! They gave the option of two weekends, Feb 8-9 or Feb 22-23. Chose the first because I know BU interviews late Feb. 

18 hours ago, cam27 said:

+1 for UCSF, just got the email!! They gave the option of two weekends, Feb 8-9 or Feb 22-23. Chose the first because I know BU interviews late Feb. 

Hi! when did you submit your application for UCSF? :) 

Just now, skippinglives said:

Last year Penn notified at around 4pm and the year before it was at like 1am, so I think it's still early? Going crazy waiting though!

Me too! Trying to distract myself so I don't compulsively check my email and this forum..

1 hour ago, lil13 said:

Hey all! 

Anyone heard from Carnegie Mellon PNC (Program in Neural Computation)? The results have very varied dates for when people got interview invitations in the past years.

I emailed their office early this week. The person I contacted said "The admission committee tries to get the interview invitations out by the end of December.  The interview weekend will be mid-February and admission decisions are typically made by mid-March."

24 minutes ago, skippinglives said:

Anyone know details about when these schools will send out requests?

NYU Neural Science, Columbia Neurobiology, Icahn (Mt. Sinai) Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh CNUP, Emory Neuroscience, NIH-Brown GPP Neuroscience

For the Brown-NIH GPP I believe they will be sending them out late next week.

1 hour ago, skippinglives said:

Last year Penn notified at around 4pm and the year before it was at like 1am, so I think it's still early? Going crazy waiting though!

Ugh I need to stop refreshing my email... my heart jumps every time i get a notification. stupid stores need to stop emailing me I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SALE YOU'RE HAVING I JUST WANNA GET INTO GRAD SCHOOL