2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

3 hours ago, maya123z said:

I'm assuming you mean neuro? I just heard back from their BMS program. Surprised that they would send results on a Saturday.

You can always email them to ask. So far admissions reps have been very helpful and willing to answer questions.

The administrator said that the committee members had met in the last week, and most of the decisions have been made. She thought that the invitation issue would be finished in the next week. 
I'm really confused about her answer. Since the decisions have been made, the invitations should be sent out quickly. So I think I was either rejected or put into waitlist. 

Hi everyone!

Thought I would join to track the application process! 

I applied to: Pitt, Icahn, Albert Einstein, UCSF, Weill Cornell, UW-Madison, and Thomas Jefferson

So far: Rejected by University of Wisconsin and interview at Pitt (which I'm really stoked about)

Edited by dani0305

11 minutes ago, dani0305 said:

Hi everyone!

I applied to: Pitt, Icahn, Albert Einstein, UCSF, Weill Cornell, UW-Madison, and Thomas Jefferson

So far: Rejected by University of Wisconsin and interview at Pitt (which I'm really stoked about)

Congrats on Pitt! Did you apply to the CNUP?

2 hours ago, dani0305 said:

Hi everyone!

Congrats on Pitt! When did you hear from them?

1 hour ago, glialstar said:

Im stuck somewhere between feeling super nervous/anxious that I haven't heard from any programs as all these decisions roll out, and somewhat comforted by the fact it doesn't seem like anyone else has heard from the programs I applied to ? 

Same here

Hi all!

I've been reading this forum for the past hour, so I figured I'd also share my applications and everything. I honestly didn't expect responses to be out so soon. I just discovered this site today after friends and family were bugging me about my applications. Now I'm *stressin out*!! I haven't heard back from anywhere yet, and it's nice to see that others are in the same boat. Most of the interviews people have gotten are for schools I didn't apply to ?

Here's a list of where I applied: University of Washington (Neuroscience), UC Berkeley (Neuroscience), Stanford (Biosciences), UCLA (NSIDP), USC (Neuroscience), USC (Psychology), Caltech (Social & Decision Neuroscience), UCSD (Neurosciences), UCSD (Psychology), Northwestern (NUIN), Columbia (Neurobiology & Behavior), NYU (Neural Science), Duke (CNAP)

I am assuming that since I haven't heard from UW or UCB that I didn't get an interview, but I'm holding out hope!! Please post if you have any info about those schools. 

This is my first time applying to PhD programs. I have pretty strong research experience with a few co-authored pubs (working on my first author manuscript currently), good GREs, strong recs, but my GPA is not competitive. I'm hoping that since I'm 2 years out of undergrad, it won't matter as much.

I'm looking forward to the next week of news (hopefully good) and hearing from people going through the same ordeal! I found this CV of failures on a psych forum, and it helped me put things in perspective. Hope it can help some of you, too!

Good luck to everyone, and lmk if you wanna chat! I clearly need to distract myself from checking my emails.

space8

1 hour ago, space8 said:

Hi all!

I've been reading this forum for the past hour, so I figured I'd also share my applications and everything. I honestly didn't expect responses to be out so soon. I just discovered this site today after friends and family were bugging me about my applications. Now I'm *stressin out*!! I haven't heard back from anywhere yet, and it's nice to see that others are in the same boat. Most of the interviews people have gotten are for schools I didn't apply to ?

Here's a list of where I applied: University of Washington (Neuroscience), UC Berkeley (Neuroscience), Stanford (Biosciences), UCLA (NSIDP), USC (Neuroscience), USC (Psychology), Caltech (Social & Decision Neuroscience), UCSD (Neurosciences), UCSD (Psychology), Northwestern (NUIN), Columbia (Neurobiology & Behavior), NYU (Neural Science), Duke (CNAP)

I am assuming that since I haven't heard from UW or UCB that I didn't get an interview, but I'm holding out hope!! Please post if you have any info about those schools. 

This is my first time applying to PhD programs. I have pretty strong research experience with a few co-authored pubs (working on my first author manuscript currently), good GREs, strong recs, but my GPA is not competitive. I'm hoping that since I'm 2 years out of undergrad, it won't matter as much.

I'm looking forward to the next week of news (hopefully good) and hearing from people going through the same ordeal! I found this CV of failures on a psych forum, and it helped me put things in perspective. Hope it can help some of you, too!

Good luck to everyone, and lmk if you wanna chat! I clearly need to distract myself from checking my emails.

space8

Hello mate, we are on the same boat. I haven't heard from any school I applied to, except a request of secondary application from UTSW (which can be nothing). 

My situation may be worse. I have no pub, two years research exp. Not so competitive GPA or GRE. My TOEFL was just above the requirement. 

I probably won't feel frustrated if I get all rejected because it is foreseeable. I spent a lot of time reflecting myself lately and am happy to figure out what I truly want. I might go for post-bachelor research, but I do not want to give up upon neuroscience.  

Happy to chat~ It felt released to divulge :-P

Edited by Ryan_Goshipping

On 12/13/2018 at 11:31 AM, zzzz233 said:

Hi everyone! Glad to find this site.. I've been checking the result page 10 times a day  ??

I applied to Harvard (PiN, BBS, MCB), Stanford (Neuro), Columbia (Neuro), NYU(Neuro),  UCSF(Neuro), UCSD(Neuro), UCLA(Neuro), Tufts(Neuro), Duke(CNAP), BU(Neuro), Welli Cornell(Neuro), Dartmouth(Psyc), WashU(Neuro), and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory..

It seems that the programs I applied to haven't started sending out invitations.. Hopefully we will hear back from them soon! Good luck to everyone!!!

Hey, I applied to Dartmouth too! Have you heard anything yet?