2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

3 hours ago, HydroPeanut said:

Hi everyone! I got interview invitations from both Duke Neuroscience (CNAP) and Brown Neuroscience, woohoo!

Bad news - they are on the exact same weekend... Has anybody else experienced this? What's the best approach for handling this? Any advice would be appreciated.

My approach so far has been to ask if there's an alternative interview date, which there often is. If there's not, you can offer to do a Skype interview, and if they still don't allow that, you'll have to decide which one to prioritize.

43 minutes ago, mcfc2018 said:

Got interview offers at Harvard PiN and Hopkins today!!! So psyched. 

What time did you get your PiN offer? I'm trying to figure out if they went out all in one batch or were staggered. Guessing they've all been sent out by now though.

2 minutes ago, maya123z said:

What time did you get your PiN offer? I'm trying to figure out if they went out all in one batch or were staggered. Guessing they've all been sent out by now though.

I got mine at 1:47 pm and a follow up email at 3:52

1 hour ago, liz13 said:

Anyone heard recently from OHSU or Pitt? I thought OHSU was releasing on Dec 15 but I haven’t seen any results ?

I received an email from OHSU Behavioral Neuroscience yesterday. Although I'm not sure if they're done sending them, so there's still hope! 

Hey! If the person who was rejected from NUIN via email (as seen on the results page) is reading, can you let me know when that happened? Did you email them or did they send out an email? I’m just nervous lol let me know !!

4 hours ago, HydroPeanut said:

Hi everyone! I got interview invitations from both Duke Neuroscience (CNAP) and Brown Neuroscience, woohoo!

Bad news - they are on the exact same weekend... Has anybody else experienced this? What's the best approach for handling this? Any advice would be appreciated.

you should email Tobias @ CNAP and see if he can have you go to one of the other duke weekends instead like neurobio? Its 1/24 i think

9 minutes ago, charmingdiary said:

I got an interview for Pitt today, got rejected from UCSF yesterday...

I guess I got rejected to UW and Harvard too since they already sent out their stuff. Berkeley still hasn't gotten my GRE scores even though I sent them in october....

What time did you get the call?

5 hours ago, glialstar said:

I see someone posted about a Princeton Neuroscience interview in results already ? Hopefully they are spreading it out across a few days like last year

Princeton is still releasing invites; at least they are for sure going to release more tomorrow I have no idea how many more though.  Best of luck!

Do most of the programs reach out for an interview or give and answer by January? I feel like a lot of my schools haven't even sent out invites yet, judging from the results page.

Edited by light1996

3 hours ago, light1996 said:

Do most of the programs reach out for an interview or give and answer by January? I feel like a lot of my schools haven't even sent out invites yet, judging from the results page.

Depends on the program. I know Stanford doesn’t usually send invites until mid January. 

14 hours ago, HydroPeanut said:

Brown only has the one interview weekend. If Duke has others, try to reschedule that one. 

5 hours ago, light1996 said:

Most are sent out by the end of January. Some can sprinkle in as late as March.

6 hours ago, light1996 said:

Yeah based on previous years it looks like most schools extend invites all the way through the middle of january, I think it's because there are obviously going to be conflicting interviews for some people so they can't attend. so if you didn't hear back, don't lose hope! you may be on a waitlist you don't know about, im in the same boat :)