2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

8 hours ago, EricKenjiLee said:

You're the only person who I saw applying to Princeton Neuro and CMU CNBC but just a heads-up that their interview weekends were the same last weekend and my friend had to deny one.

Thanks for the info! Just to make sure that I understand it correctlyyou mean Princeton and CMU have already sent out their interview invitations in the last weekend? 

7 hours ago, ltlltl2006 said:

Thanks for the info! Just to make sure that I understand it correctlyyou mean Princeton and CMU have already sent out their interview invitations in the last weekend? 

No sorry that’s not at all what I meant. What I meant was that their interview visit days coincided last year so my friend, who was asked to interview for both, had to turn down CMUs interview.

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all the info.

I applied for a lot of programs...NYU(neural science), UPenn(neuro), UC Berkeley(neuro), UCLA(neuro), stanford(bioE), Baylor(neuro), UC Davis(neuro), Rockefeller(biomedical science), duke(biomedical engineering), cmu(statistics/neural computation joint program), Boston University(neuro), Brown(biostatistics)

very anxious and check the email hundreds of times everyday...

Hi Everyone !

I check this forum all the time so I figured I might as well post! I applied to 11 schools... Harvard (PiN/BBS), Johns Hopkins (neuro), Stanford (neuro), UPenn (neuro), USCD (neuro/bio), UCLA (neuro), UC Berk (neuro), MIT (brain & cog), Scripps (neuro), Northwestern (neuro) and BU (neuro)! 

I know UPenn sent out their first round of invites so hopefully they will send out another! 

40 minutes ago, _kb said:

Hi Everyone !

I check this forum all the time so I figured I might as well post! I applied to 11 schools... Harvard (PiN/BBS), Johns Hopkins (neuro), Stanford (neuro), UPenn (neuro), USCD (neuro/bio), UCLA (neuro), UC Berk (neuro), MIT (brain & cog), Scripps (neuro), Northwestern (neuro) and BU (neuro)! 

I know UPenn sent out their first round of invites so hopefully they will send out another! 

Lots of overlap for our schools! U Penn is sending out another round of invites this Friday.

I can confirm that as of last night, UCLA has finally begun uploading applications to their database for review. I got an email last night noting a discrepancy with my personal information section (which apparently just means somebody in the database has the same name/similar DOB as me and they want to check up on it to make sure they're looking at the right application) so they couldn't upload it with the rest. So they've probably begun to review applications starting today!!!

On 12/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, maya123z said:

Just a heads-up for anyone who applied to U Penn for neuro, they sent out their first round of interview invites last Friday and I just heard from their admissions coordinate that another round will be sent this Friday as well.

Do you know how many people they will invite?

13 minutes ago, 3150733 said:

Congratulations!!

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? UVA is one of my top choices

Hi! I submitted mine right at the deadline, maybe a day before.

It is possible I got contacted early because I'm a domestic applicant currently studying abroad. So there's more planning that goes into it for me ~~~ 

Good luck!! I hope you hear from them soon!

3 hours ago, opoloqo said:

Do you know how many people they will invite?

I’m not sure about this round, but I know that the total number is around 50-60 based on the info I’ve received. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, maya123z said:

Just a heads-up for anyone who applied to U Penn for neuro, they sent out their first round of interview invites last Friday and I just heard from their admissions coordinate that another round will be sent this Friday as well.

In your email, did they offer you the option of both their interview dates? I'm annoyed right now cuz apparently my top 3 all have the same freaking interview weekend (2/14-2/16), Penn included, so im praying they give you the option to choose the January date

Hey! I do an amalgamation of sensory neuro/cognitive neuro/comp neuro stuff. Nice to meet you all. 

My list is: UPenn (Neuro), Carnegie Mellon (Psych/Cognitive Neuro), UMD (NACS), Harvard (SHBT--speech and hearing bioscience and technology), UW (Speech and Hearing Sciences), Duke (Neurobiology), Duke (CNAP), Vanderbilt (Neuro), and Albert Einstein (Biomed umbrella). 

I already got an interview at UMD NACS (neuroscience and cognitive sciences) which im stoked about cuz they're top notch in auditory neuro research. yay!

I've had extremely promising skype convos with POIs at every program I applied to so I'm currently trying to tone down any false hope that might've given me oof.

Interview I want the most is probably UPenn because their program seems to emphasize happy grad students which is awesome. That's also the one I'm most nervous about getting cuz my POI there said getting an interview there can be kind of a crapshoot. Praying good news comes to my inbox tomorrow (shout out to Maya for the inside scoop on that). 

12 minutes ago, earsnbrains said:

Hey! I do an amalgamation of sensory neuro/cognitive neuro/comp neuro stuff. Nice to meet you all. 

My list is: UPenn (Neuro), Carnegie Mellon (Psych/Cognitive Neuro), UMD (NACS), Harvard (SHBT--speech and hearing bioscience and technology), UW (Speech and Hearing Sciences), Duke (Neurobiology), Duke (CNAP), Vanderbilt (Neuro), and Albert Einstein (Biomed umbrella). 

I already got an interview at UMD NACS (neuroscience and cognitive sciences) which im stoked about cuz they're top notch in auditory neuro research. yay!

I've had extremely promising skype convos with POIs at every program I applied to so I'm currently trying to tone down any false hope that might've given me oof.

Interview I want the most is probably UPenn because their program seems to emphasize happy grad students which is awesome. That's also the one I'm most nervous about getting cuz my POI there said getting an interview there can be kind of a crapshoot. Praying good news comes to my inbox tomorrow (shout out to Maya for the inside scoop on that). 

Finally found someone apply for Duke! Do you know whether they will post standard tests receiving status in the application dashboard? I have reported my GRE but I couldn't find this info everywhere.

I didn't apply for as many programs as others here... But my list is UCLA (neuro), Caltech(Neuro), UCSD(Neuro), Johns Hopkins(Neuro), NIH-Brown(Neuro), Baylor Medicine(Neuro). Hope it works out well for everyone and we all hear back soon!