Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

11 hours ago, Fenghua said:

Did Waterloo has interview, all my friend not hear about that.

Hi there, I don't think Waterloo has interviews for their MHI program; the admissions decision is only based on your essay/grades/CV/reference letters!

2 hours ago, Fenghua said:

Thank you, Ovoxo

I heard some people got a reject letter today. Hope we still have chance.

Good luck

Really did they get an email or was the update on Quest? Also do you know how many people?

5 minutes ago, iakuasa said:

Received an email today from UofT - they will be offering me admission (regular stream). I interviewed March 5th.

Hoping everyone gets some good news very soon!! 

Congrats! What time did you receive the offer? 

Hi guys, yeah I got an offer at 4:24pm today from Zoe stating that they "intend" on giving me an offer and will follow up with offer early next week. I hope that means I got it! Hope to see those who got the offer and good luck to everyone else!

8 hours ago, jeds said:

To those who got an offer:  Congrats! and... are you going to accept the offer or are you considering other options?  Anyone doing the executive stream?  

Hey @jeds I do also have another preliminary offer from McMaster. Want to compare both final offers before deciding. I’ll try to remember to post if I accept UofT. Best of luck to you!! 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:34 AM, Boy.Genius said:

Hi guys, yeah I got an offer at 4:24pm today from Zoe stating that they "intend" on giving me an offer and will follow up with offer early next week. I hope that means I got it! Hope to see those who got the offer and good luck to everyone else!

That's  great . what is your educational  background? Do you have any clinical background? 

On 4/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, iakuasa said:

Received an email today from UofT - they will be offering me admission (regular stream). I interviewed March 5th.

Hoping everyone gets some good news very soon!! 

congrats iakuasa!

do you have any clinical experience or tech experience?  what is your educational background?

i just want to get a sense ehat kind of applicants are getting offered.

?

On 4/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, jeds said:

To those who got an offer:  Congrats! and... are you going to accept the offer or are you considering other options?  Anyone doing the executive stream?  

hi i applied to both regular  and executive. Did you apply to both as well?

14 minutes ago, RN_HI said:

congrats iakuasa!

do you have any clinical experience or tech experience?  what is your educational background?

i just want to get a sense ehat kind of applicants are getting offered.

?

Thanks so much @RN_HI

I’ve done volunteering in a hospital as well as a summer placement in clinical research. I currently work at an HI start up (not in a tech role). My bachelor’s was in cell/molecular biology & economics ( random combo I know, I get it all the time lol).

How about you? I’m assuming you’re an RN based off your username :P

1 hour ago, RN_HI said:

That's  great . what is your educational  background? Do you have any clinical background? 

I did bachelor in life science in uoft and I’m currently practicing as full time X-ray tech the last 2 years. So I’ve worked closely with EMR 

1 hour ago, iakuasa said:

Thanks so much @RN_HI

I’ve done volunteering in a hospital as well as a summer placement in clinical research. I currently work at an HI start up (not in a tech role). My bachelor’s was in cell/molecular biology & economics ( random combo I know, I get it all the time lol).

How about you? I’m assuming you’re an RN based off your username :P

Yes, I am a nurse :).

13 minutes ago, RN_HI said:

Hi @F11 Are you a clinician as well?

Hey @RN_HI , 

No, I am not a clinician. I actually am just completing my BSc in Health Studies from the University of Waterloo. I've had quite a few different co-op experiences, one of which had me working on their EMR and developing an app for the personalized health record system at a private health clinic. 

On 4/6/2019 at 4:21 AM, iakuasa said:

Hey @jeds I do also have another preliminary offer from McMaster. Want to compare both final offers before deciding. I’ll try to remember to post if I accept UofT. Best of luck to you!! 

Hey @iakuasa, I'm in the same situation with the eHealth offer from McMaster! Gotta do some deeper digging and weight out all the factors before coming to a decision!