Fall 2020 Applicants

homie_de_lettres

@homie_de_lettres I am also interested in studying race in visual culture, though through a contemporary context, perhaps we could share resources? 

One event I am planning to attend is an upcoming conference at Harvard - https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/event/2019-vision-and-justice-convening

I'm sure you've heard of their latest controversies which I assume will be discussed during the event. 

15 hours ago, LEANCO10 said:

@homie_de_lettres I am also interested in studying race in visual culture, though through a contemporary context, perhaps we could share resources? 

One event I am planning to attend is an upcoming conference at Harvard - https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/event/2019-vision-and-justice-convening

I'm sure you've heard of their latest controversies which I assume will be discussed during the event. 

Out of curiosity - what controversies are you referring to?

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, kat101 said:

Can anyone speak to the reputation of the department at UNC-Chapel Hill? I recognize that it can't possibly be the same without Mary Sheriff, but I imagine its still a well-regarded program? Thanks.

I'm at UNC-Chapel Hill right now (started shortly after Dr. Sheriff's passing) and it has been... an experience. Feel free to message me about it - I can answer lots of questions. 

• 4 months later...

Hi all! Another Fall 2020 applicant for PhD ? I also share interests in critical race theory and visual culture. Right now, I am finishing up applications for 12/15 deadline, and my confidence is slowly disappearing as I review my materials. Anyway, let's hope for the best! 

2020 Fall applicant here. My main field of interest is nineteenth-century European painting, drawing, and twentieth-century cinema. I'm applying for 4 programmes and I've only got  one application to go (feeling really lazy about writing that SOP). Good luck everyone!

What's up you guys?! I just submitted my 9th and final PhD application for the 2020 cycle. My research is in multi-sensory perception of Western Medieval art and my secondary interest is in enriching digital facsimiles of artworks. Good luck everyone! Hopefully we all hear sooner rather than later!

• 3 weeks later...

hi, just for my own brain (and for future forum users) here's what I've seen so far in this 2020 application season:

• Northwestern - Interviews sent (in bulk, not from a single POI -- I'm guessing, since there were 4 on the results page)
  • Stanford - Interviews sent (in bulk, not from a single POI -- implied by @lkjhg in another thread)
  • WashU - an interview sent (from POI - not sure if in bulk, not sure if all will be interviewed to be accepted)
  • UNC (MA) - acceptance sent
  • Emory - Interviews sent (possibly in bulk, since there are 2 on the results page)
  • Yale - MAY send info on interviews in late Jan (but possibly other contact sooner according to @Modconart; not sure if some or all candidates get interviewed!)

Anything missing/wrong?  Anything to add?  Good luck all!!!

On 1/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, venusofwillendork said:

hi, just for my own brain (and for future forum users) here's what I've seen so far in this 2020 application season:

• Northwestern - Interviews sent (in bulk, not from a single POI -- I'm guessing, since there were 4 on the results page)
  • Stanford - Interviews sent (in bulk, not from a single POI -- implied by @lkjhg in another thread)
  • WashU - an interview sent (from POI - not sure if in bulk, not sure if all will be interviewed to be accepted)
  • Emory - Interviews sent (possibly in bulk, since there are 2 on the results page)
  • Yale - MAY send info on interviews in late Jan (but possibly other contact sooner according to @Modconart; not sure if some or all candidates get interviewed!)

This is correct. Emory, like Northwestern and WashU, are in bulk as well. 

Anyone here who has applied to any of the following Canadian universities for the term Fall 2020 please reply!!!

- University of British Columbia

- McGill University

- University of Victoria

- University of Alberta

- University of Manitoba

I would much appreciate it if there are people whom I can get in touch with so that I know how far the applications are been processed and whether I can expect a reply from them soon.

Please and Thank you.

Regards. ☺️

Edited by the97kid

Hello,

I have applied to the following colleges:

- University of Alberta (First Choice)- Found a potential Supervisor

- McGill University - Found a potential Supervisor

- Western Ontario University

- University of Manitoba

- Dalhousie University

- University of Saskatchewan

-Laurier University

- Queens University - Found a supervisor

Edited by Findingapurpose

1 hour ago, Findingapurpose said:

Hello,

I have applied to the following colleges:

- University of Alberta (First Choice)- Found a potential Supervisor

- McGill University - Found a potential Supervisor

- Western Ontario University

- University of Manitoba

- Dalhousie University

- University of Saskatchewan

-Laurier University

- Queens University - Found a supervisor

@FindingapurposeHave you received updates from any of them yet? 

Edited by the97kid

47 minutes ago, Findingapurpose said:

@the97kidMy application at the Uni of Alberta is Under Review as of today

Oh! Is it.. Mine still says application submitted and decision pending. Uni of British Columbia status changed to in progress today.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, venusofwillendork said:

Per the results board, it appears Princeton sent out interviews back on Dec 27? Seems early in the process. 

Anybody here post that one?