Applications 2019

Sigaba

29 minutes ago, TsarandProphet said:

I have also just received my acceptance to Yale! What are your subfields? I am doing Eastern European History.

My subfield is the same as potsupotsu's (Japanese history). 

Thank you all for the kind congratulations. Getting into Yale really means the world to me. Even though I applied to several other schools, this is the one place I truly wanted to be, and actually having it come true is a major validation for me. Like @urbanhistorynerd I am from the Detroit area and a non-traditional student. I grew up extremely impoverished, and was forced to drop out of high school due to family health and financial issues. Prior to going back to college I was working day labor jobs that paid $100 dollars a week for 70+ hours of work thanks to the horrible economy. I seriously never thought I would have a decent future, but now I am heading to Yale History. I know many others on this forum are non-traditional, I just want to say that I am very proud of you all for fighting to overcome whatever barriers were placed in front of you. And of course, to all of you, I wish nothing but success, as you all have been extremely kind and supportive to each other throughout this whole process. 

4 minutes ago, daradara said:

My subfield is the same as potsupotsu's (Japanese history). 

Thank you all for the kind congratulations. Getting into Yale really means the world to me. Even though I applied to several other schools, this is the one place I truly wanted to be, and actually having it come true is a major validation for me. Like @urbanhistorynerd I am from the Detroit area and a non-traditional student. I grew up extremely impoverished, and was forced to drop out of high school due to family health and financial issues. Prior to going back to college I was working day labor jobs that paid $100 dollars a week for 70+ hours of work thanks to the horrible economy. I seriously never thought I would have a decent future, but now I am heading to Yale History. I know many others on this forum are non-traditional, I just want to say that I am very proud of you all for fighting to overcome whatever barriers were placed in front of you. And of course, to all of you, I wish nothing but success, as you all have been extremely kind and supportive to each other throughout this whole process. 

That's incredible, so, so happy for you!!

Harvard's response: @Coniferous

We apologize for the confusion.  We are using a new application system this year and there was a small unfortunate error in the system today when that form appeared in a number of applications. The form has now been removed.

You will be notified by email when a decision has been made on your application. The decision will be available to view by logging into your application using your login and password.  All decisions will be made by March 15th, though some programs may notify earlier.

Edited by MARTINt

2 minutes ago, historygeek said:

I don't have anything from Columbia yet. Knock on wood. 

Does your last name begin with a letter towards the end of the alphabet? Mine does, and the same thing happened with Hopkins where I seemed to be the last one to get the official rejection. (My Columbia rejection is still yet to be posted) I wonder if these things go alphabetically?

My tinfoil hat theory is that I get things a little earlier because my last name starts with one of the first letters of the alphabet haha. I may be completely off the mark though! Edit: @villageelliot I posted this before I saw your post, looks like we have the same theory!!

Best of luck to y'all still waiting! Fingers crossed! I've been communicating with Duke for the past few hours about travel arrangements, so it's definitely making rejection easier. I'm too busy being excited that I'll be flying out there in just over two weeks! :)

Edited by Karou

Just now, villageelliot said:

Does your last name begin with a letter towards the end of the alphabet? Mine does, and the same thing happened with Hopkins where I seemed to be the last one to get the official rejection. (My Columbia rejection is still yet to be posted) I wonder if these things go alphabetically?

It does. I'm a W. I'm wondering if that's why it took so long for the Error 503 link to disappear from my Harvard portal?

1 minute ago, historykeeno said:

I am so confused by what's happening with NYU. One acceptance from late January just seems rather peculiar, even if they are taking fewer grads than previous years.

Same. ? Someone pointed out that it could've been an acceptance for the Art History program. My POI said she couldn't really say when decisions would be going out. 

1 minute ago, Karou said:

My tinfoil hat theory is that I get things a little earlier because my last name starts with one of the first letters of the alphabet haha. I may be completely off the mark though!

Best of luck to y'all still waiting! Fingers crossed! I've been communicating with Duke for the past few hours about travel arrangements, so it's definitely making rejection easier. I'm too busy being excited that I'll be flying out there in just over two weeks! :)

Any idea if all duke admits have been sent? I've seen multiple acceptance but no rejections in the results a few weeks ago; I have yet to receive a (presumed) rejection...