SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

20 minutes ago, ponteix said:

somehow the whiskey sodas aren't making the anxiety any better ?

alright smart people. Breathe. I still have not heard anything yet not even login info. Wine distraction and whiskey distraction aside - we have no control over what is already decided. Perhaps being in the moment and thinking what an interesting study this might be ? or not, back to being in the moment...breathe into the fact (one thing we can call a fact) that we all made it to this moment because we conceived of important work. And let it go!

2 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

alright smart people. Breathe. I still have not heard anything yet not even login info. Wine distraction and whiskey distraction aside - we have no control over what is already decided. Perhaps being in the moment and thinking what an interesting study this might be ? or not, back to being in the moment...breathe into the fact (one thing we can call a fact) that we all made it to this moment because we conceived of important work. And let it go!

Agreed!!

18 minutes ago, bluesnow said:

Does anyone who does have access to the Extranet have any issues signing in? I'm wondering if the server has crashed or something...

I just checked and I was able to sign in.

29 minutes ago, bluesnow said:

Does anyone who does have access to the Extranet have any issues signing in? I'm wondering if the server has crashed or something...

This happened to me a few times today. When I checked back later, it worked just fine.

1 hour ago, ponteix said:

Any of you from Quebec waiting for FRQSC tonight? Suspense is killing me!!

Ugh, i am. When i got the master’s it was in “mes formulaires” under documents attachés par l’organisme. The little visualize word in that column became a clickable link. It got uploaded before i got an email about it soooooooo i’m gonna start refreshing like a madman at midnight. I think it was in my account early morning last time (but i also have adhd so “early” included everything before noon)

13 minutes ago, 70nks said:

Ugh, i am. When i got the master’s it was in “mes formulaires” under documents attachés par l’organisme. The little visualize word in that column became a clickable link. It got uploaded before i got an email about it soooooooo i’m gonna start refreshing like a madman at midnight. I think it was in my account early morning last time (but i also have adhd so “early” included everything before noon)

same here. Best of luck :)

9 hours ago, 70nks said:

Best of luck for your SSHRC results (hopefully today!). I am international student so can not apply for SSHRC. I was up last night and waited for FRQSC, I think I have got it...? It is quite strange because right after midnight a new section "Gérer mon financement" was added under My Forms section. Clicking on it it would take me to another page under which was the decision which after clicking on it, a small window would pop up that it had been selected for funding and the amount. But yet there is still no letter attached in the Visualiser section. Is this normal? Am I dreaming?:)) I did not catch enough sleep last night and clearly am in a delirious state of mind. 

36 minutes ago, nomadartist said:

Best of luck for your SSHRC results (hopefully today!). I am international student so can not apply for SSHRC. I was up last night and waited for FRQSC, I think I have got it...? It is quite strange because right after midnight a new section "Gérer mon financement" was added under My Forms section. Clicking on it it would take me to another page under which was the decision which after clicking on it, a small window would pop up that it had been selected for funding and the amount. But yet there is still no letter attached in the Visualiser section. Is this normal? Am I dreaming?:)) I did not catch enough sleep last night and clearly am in a delirious state of mind. 

I think this means that you have indeed been awarded the FRQSC :) You may want to wait for the official email/letter just to be sure, but sure sounds like you were successful!!! Congrats!

Edited by inableakvision

Just now, inableakvision said:

I think this means that you have indeed been awarded the FRQSC :) You may want to wait for the official email/letter just to be sure, but sure sounds like you were successful!!! Congrats!

This is insane. I was so nervous for 7 months with my finding ending in August I was on the verge of total breakdown. So grateful for this. 

17 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

No. Is anyone else without log in yet? Wondering if there was a glitch?

I also dont have any log in details... not sure what is happening or what to expect now! Spent all day yesterday waiting for an email

Just now, bluesnow said:

I also dont have any log in details... not sure what is happening or what to expect now! Spent all day yesterday waiting for an email

Same. I'm trying to stay positive but truthfully, I'm getting really bummed out :(

Just now, inableakvision said:

Same. I'm trying to stay positive but truthfully, I'm getting really bummed out :(

Yeah I'm trying not to feel frustrated or stressed because I've been so riddled with anxiety waiting for weeks... and now there's more uncertainty yesterday and today...and with the pandemic it's like ??

Here's hoping!!!

Just now, bluesnow said:

Yeah I'm trying not to feel frustrated or stressed because I've been so riddled with anxiety waiting for weeks... and now there's more uncertainty yesterday and today...and with the pandemic it's like ??

Here's hoping!!!

anyone without login yet brave enough to contact their grad awards faculty or department? 

Just now, ponteix said:

Could they really be unorganized to the point where they only send login info to people with positive results? Seems super unlikely

I very much doubt that... theres so many without logins even on Twitter. And most of the people with logins are direct applicants

Just now, ponteix said:

Could they really be unorganized to the point where they only send login info to people with positive results? Seems super unlikely

I would really really really hope not. I think it's only going to hurt us mentally to think that, but I understand your desire to prepare for all possible outcomes.