SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

1 minute ago, MoneyTree said:

I'm UBC, last name S, uni quota. No email yet. 

Not sure how to find my committee number. It says Committee 7521 on my app. 

I'm not sure how it is for uni quota folks, but as a direct applicant, I had to choose one of 6 committees that most aligned with my work. I chose Committee 4.

https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/apply-demande/background-renseignements/postdoctoral_committees-comites_postdoctoral-eng.aspx

Edited by Call_Me_Betty
Factual error

3 minutes ago, Call_Me_Betty said:

I'm not sure how it is for uni quota folks, but as a direct applicant, I had to choose one of 6 committees that most aligned with my work. I chose Committee 4.

https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/apply-demande/background-renseignements/postdoctoral_committees-comites_postdoctoral-eng.aspx

I could be wrong, but I think committee 6 is a new extension of the previous mega committee 3? I only remember committees 1-5. As quota applicants we can pick our preferred committee, however SSHRC can ultimately change you to a different committee if they think it's more fitting. I am someone who falls between three committees so it was very hard to pick one. 

3 minutes ago, elodie said:

I could be wrong, but I think committee 6 is a new extension of the previous mega committee 3? I only remember committees 1-5. As quota applicants we can pick our preferred committee, however SSHRC can ultimately change you to a different committee if they think it's more fitting. I am someone who falls between three committees so it was very hard to pick one. 

I think you're right! Originally I had posted that there were five committees, based on my memory. But edited the post after looking at the link I included!

Edited by Call_Me_Betty
include quote

15 minutes ago, Call_Me_Betty said:

Thanks. I googled and quickly found that I'm in Committee 1. 

34 minutes ago, Call_Me_Betty said:

That’s postdoctoral.  Doctoral has 5. https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/apply-demande/background-renseignements/doctoral_committees-comites_doctorat-eng.aspx

4 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

I don't either. My mind is making up all kinds of stories. ?

YUP! In my mind they have a system to give out login info and whatever the system is ... it means No SSHRC for me! LOL 

1 minute ago, TurnLeft said:

YUP! In my mind they have a system to give out login info and whatever the system is ... it means No SSHRC for me! LOL 

Well in my mind...the universities have the control and they haven't released the login yet because they have to prepare for what is great! LOL

2 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

I'm sure they aren't releasing results to successful applicants first (that would be a ? system...), but that's also what my mind is telling me right now. Gahhhhhhhhhh :(

Just now, inableakvision said:

I'm sure they aren't releasing results to successful applicants first (that would be a ? system...), but that's also what my mind is telling me right now. Gahhhhhhhhhh :(

RIGHT - logically, I completely agree. Mentally I'm like well this is a good time to just think about that repeatedly and not do anything productive. 

4 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

I want to heart react you but I'm out for the day lol 

15 minutes ago, ponteix said:

Any of you from Quebec waiting for FRQSC tonight? Suspense is killing me!!

Not me - but I hope you get an answer QUICKLY!!!

28 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

We should all just pour a glass of wine. I mean another! ?

Already with you :D