SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

2 minutes ago, thebestembee said:

At 12:55 PM EST, I received two emails from the SSHRC: one with a link to the new Extranet, and the second with a password that they generated. They emphasized that another email would be sent out when results are ready; hopefully, soon!

Yay! :)I wonder if they have a system for sending out these links. Is it by university? by province? by results? eeeeeeeeeek.

7 minutes ago, thebestembee said:

At 12:55 PM EST, I received two emails from the SSHRC: one with a link to the new Extranet, and the second with a password that they generated. They emphasized that another email would be sent out when results are ready; hopefully, soon!

whats the link?

3 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

Yay! :)I wonder if they have a system for sending out these links. Is it by university? by province? by results? eeeeeeeeeek.

Yes, so many questions.  Successful first? In order of application?  By field?  So many tea leaves to read!  I guess we’ll just have to try to be patient and not jump to conclusions.  Not long now!

Edited by JHSinclair

1 minute ago, bluesnow said:

omg literally thinking the same thing....as if my brain wasn't overthinking already!! 

Just now, JHSinclair said:

Yes, so many questions.  Successful first? In order of application?  By field?  So many tea leaves to read!  I guess we’ll just have to try to be patient and jump to conclusions.  Not long now!

HAHAHAHA yep. I'm at the point where laughter turns into sobs. ?

Edited by inableakvision

19 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

I was following the NSERC when they received their results (just in case ours would be the same) and it seems like the initial email was by last name and the results email was by committee.  I'm not sure if it'll be the same for us, but if it's like NSERC, we should receive the email for links today. Fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, lleto said:

I was following the NSERC when they received their results (just in case ours would be the same) and it seems like the initial email was by last name and the results email was by committee.  I'm not sure if it'll be the same for us, but if it's like NSERC, we should receive the email for links today. Fingers crossed!

I can confirm that my last name is at the top of the alphabet but no SSHRC emails yet for me! Wow the suspense is really hitting me now. I don't believe they would ever send to winners etc first, I'm sure they are following some sort of list/committee.

I received an email from SSHRC to set up access to the Extranet portal thing. My last name begins with "R" and I am a direct applicant. 

I really hope I get it, but if not, I'll try again next year. I'll be bummed out, but I got in to my dream PhD program, so getting SSHRC will be a bonus right now. 

Edited by lambda-abstraction

1 minute ago, lambda-abstraction said:

I received an email from SSHRC to set up access to the Extranet portal thing. My last name begins with "R" and I am a direct applicant. 

I really hope I get it, but if not, I'll try again next year. I'll be bummed out, but I got into my dream PhD program, so getting SSHRC will be a bonus right now. 

Maybe they are doing direct applications first then? I am an L and committee 4. Nothing yet.

1 minute ago, lambda-abstraction said:

I really hope I get it, but if not, I'll try again next year. I'll be bummed out, but I got into my dream PhD program, so getting SSHRC will be a bonus right now. 

I received the SSHRC set up info for the Extranet portal this afternoon at 1:26PM. Gave me a start. As noted by others, the portal has no results yet and another email will follow when they have been uploaded...feels like reviewing acceptance/rejection letters for grad school all over again.

FWIW, I'm a direct applicant (my program is in the US). This is the last year I can apply. 

Edited by CarefreeWritingsontheWall

Applicant through UQAM in QC (applied in French, i don't know if that'll change anything). Last name D, just got the email.

Btw, the email is titled "Extranet for SSHRC Competition Results" which gave me about 26 simultaneous heart attacks because I initially only read "SSHRC Competition Results". Be warned, hahaha. 

The login is on the NSERC Portal (influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca), full personalized link in the email.

* edit * the first email contains your username (email), second email has your generated password. 

771382007_FullSizeRendercopy.jpg.1f05fb0902f71bd89e44e69c0e0c0f21.jpg

*edit 2*: here's what the portal looks like, if that helps assuage any of yalls stress. it's extremely basic, which is a blessing, because nothing is worse than overly convoluted portals where nothing is intuitive...

675818661_MessagesImage(408923229)copy.thumb.jpg.1adf8a3cf35062f94a73e4aef15075d4.jpg

Edited by 70nks

Just now, bluesnow said:

Has anyone tried asking their department if they have results?

I know that my supervisor will have direct access to the portal whenever the results are shared with universities, but at the same time, if I lost, I don't want to put that on them to tell me. Also if I won, after three years of rejections/waitlists, I'd like to find potential winning results directly from SSHRC ?

I just received the emails as well. I applied through QC university  (someone in my cohort received their emails around the same time)

8 minutes ago, elodie said:

I know that my supervisor will have direct access to the portal whenever the results are shared with universities, but at the same time, if I lost, I don't want to put that on them to tell me. Also if I won, after three years of rejections/waitlists, I'd like to find potential winning results directly from SSHRC ?

Let's reframe - if we were not selected, we did not lose. We simply were not selected. It is like figure skating or any other judged event. There are political, social, cultural and personal biases that enter into a reading of our applications. We are all winners in the sense that you are in a PhD program and you will not have lost your work, you/I were simply read by someone who had other priorities. Peptalk to myself. ?

Just now, Threesisters said:

Let's reframe - if we were not selected, we did not lose. We simply were not selected. It is like figure skating or any other judged event. There are political, social, cultural and personal biases that enter into a reading of our applications. We are all winners in the sense that you are in a PhD program and you will not have lost your work, you/I were simply read by someone who had other priorities. Peptalk to myself. ?

Geesh. Bad grammar! Need to get back to writing!

8 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

Of course! Thank you for the positivity : )