SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, sjalava said:

I would really really really hope not. I think it's only going to hurt us mentally to think that, but I understand your desire to prepare for all possible outcomes. 

do we know if a similar problem affected the NSERC competition?

Edited by ponteix

Looking at the NSERC discussion, it seems like their login info was sent out randomly over a couple of days too. SSHRC is a mess at the best of times so god knows what’s happening with the new system 

A lot of people from Quebec (myself included) heard back for whatever reason so maybe it’s being done by institution or province? 

I mean..there's no logic to what's been sent out yet so to my mind theres no logic in looking into things too much. I'm thinking it might be systems related or that they are sending batches out to avoid server crashes.

I think someone mentioned that we would all hear by May 1st. So potentially the rest of us will receive logins today and results thereafter up until the 1st. 

Edited by bluesnow

Just now, Clinpsyc01 said:

Looking at the NSERC discussion, it seems like their login info was sent out randomly over a couple of days too. SSHRC is a mess at the best of times so god knows what’s happening with the new system 

A lot of people from Quebec (myself included) heard back for whatever reason so maybe it’s being done by institution or province? 

I study in Quebec but resident in Ontario and I haven't heard. 

I did do some digging on twitter and I did read that the goal is to have results posted by end of day May 1st. It is twitter so i'm not sure how reliable that is, but, it would make sense if emails were going out yesterday and today in waves and then tomorrow results go out? 

Just now, stressymessy said:

Other people in my department have received login information so maybe it's completely random? 

Possibly, but I just don't get how they would be able to do it completely randomly... Like wouldn't that be too complicated to keep track of?

Just now, inableakvision said:

Possibly, but I just don't get how they would be able to do it completely randomly... Like wouldn't that be too complicated to keep track of?

I agree, completely randomly seems very unlikely even if it's automated

Just now, sjalava said:

It's pretty yikes that some people don't even have login information and other people are already receiving their results though. 

Yep. That's why I'm starting to think they went for the ? system and contacted successful applicants first...

Just now, kantbook said:

I didn't receive an email but just checked the website and my results are up--I got a fellowship :) 

Amazing! Congrats! 

My extranet is still empty ? wtf is sshrc doing if some results are up and half the applicants don’t have login info 

Just now, Clinpsyc01 said:

Amazing! Congrats! 

My extranet is still empty ? wtf is sshrc doing if some results are up and half the applicants don’t have login info 

UGH. I'm so sorry. I'm starting to actually be upset. Who thought this was a good way to go about sharing the results? SSHRC, honestly, what the heck?!?

Just now, inableakvision said:

UGH. I'm so sorry. I'm starting to actually be upset. Who thought this was a good way to go about sharing the results? SSHRC, honestly, what the heck?!?

We still don't know if this is the case. It's possible this will be done in waves