SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, SweetP said:

have they stopped sending out emails? nothing at all here. not even login info

It seems like they stopped sending out emails quite early yesterday for some reason

3 minutes ago, sjalava said:

It seems like they stopped sending out emails quite early yesterday for some reason

Yeah... Maybe they decided to send the first half of the links yesterday and the results this morning... and then maybe the rest of us will get the links this afternoon (EST) and then our results in the morning?

16 minutes ago, MoneyTree said:

Stillllll waiting for my extranet email. Also waiting on Covid results. Day of waiting. 

Oh gosh, that sucks. Been through two of those myself as my wife works in healthcare. Here's hoping your positive and negative results are in the right places. ?

Haven't received link, but signed in using the "Forgot Password" trick and my e-mail as username. No results documents posted once I got in.

Just now, inableakvision said:

Yeah... Maybe they decided to send the first half of the links yesterday and the results this morning... and then maybe the rest of us will get the links this afternoon (EST) and then our results in the morning?

So what we know is that some people got log ins and others haven't (I haven't received a log in yet). A lot of direct applicants and students internationally mentioned getting logins yesterday, and a few various schools with quotas in QC and the prairies (did anyone in ON get a login yet?). Some rejection letters and acceptance letters posted. For those of us who haven't received our logins yet, I think we can't infer anything at all from this so far and need to hang tight. It's look pretty random! Hopefully we all know by later today?

Just now, elodie said:

So what we know is that some people got log ins and others haven't (I haven't received a log in yet). A lot of direct applicants and students internationally mentioned getting logins yesterday, and a few various schools with quotas in QC and the prairies (did anyone in ON get a login yet?). Some rejection letters and acceptance letters posted. For those of us who haven't received our logins yet, I think we can't infer anything at all from this so far and need to hang tight. It's look pretty random! Hopefully we all know by later today?

Agreed. I don't think the links/results are coming out randomly, exactly, but they could be ordered by SSHRC according to some Byzantine parameters we don't know about - internal application number, date received from institution/applicant, frequency of the letter "e" in the proposal title (maybe not ?). It can easily be functionally random to us as observers while still unfolding logically on SSHRC's end, possibly with some technical problems to blame for the radio silence.

Just now, angrycrustacean said:

Agreed. I don't think the links/results are coming out randomly, exactly, but they could be ordered by SSHRC according to some Byzantine parameters we don't know about - internal application number, date received from institution/applicant, frequency of the letter "e" in the proposal title (maybe not ?). It can easily be functionally random to us as observers while still unfolding logically on SSHRC's end, possibly with some technical problems to blame for the radio silence.

this is a much more logical response than me saying someone should be fired ?

Just now, angrycrustacean said:

Ahaha yes exactly. We haven't quite cracked the code yet.

Has any received login info today?

My results are in! ....but I was never notified by email for some reason. Even though I am at a foreign institution, somehow I got a Bombardier. Does anyone know how that works? Do I just get bumped down to the normal fellowship when I accept or something?

Best wishes to all those still suffering. Hang in there.

Hi Everyone...I just got my results and was lucky enough to receive a CGS-D SSHRC...I'm sharing more details about my experience in case it's of help to you all ❤️ I'm a direct applicant (Year 1 / Ontario / Committee 4)...I got my username and password yesterday around 1PM EST, in that email it said I will get an email when my results are posted...this morning at 11AM I logged into extranet and saw my results (even though I didn't get an email that my results were posted). When I opened it, I saw that I had been successful. I just wanted to say to you all, I can relate to the rollercoaster everyone is feeling right now...regardless of what happens with the outcome of this result, all your research is so so important...SSHRC as an institution is another western meritocratic institution which tends to privilege some CV elements over others...and so to all of us who are receiving this fellowship, let us celebrate but also reflect on this privilege, and for those of our peers who may not get as lucky, I just want to reach out and say your research is so important and it matters and it will go on to change lives regardless of this fellowship ❤️  Take good care everyone ❤️ Stay safe and wishing you the best! 

Just now, Blake91 said:

My results are in! ....but I was never notified by email for some reason. Even though I am at a foreign institution, somehow I got a Bombardier. Does anyone know how that works? Do I just get bumped down to the normal fellowship when I accept or something?

Congratulations!!  That's interesting... and you will continue at an international school?  That seems to go against the guidance, but don't point it out to them!  Now you have got my hopes up (not really).

4 minutes ago, Blake91 said:

My understanding (from past threads, not at an international school myself) is that you will be bumped down to the fellowship and the CGS-D will be reallocated to a domestic student. But that doesn't undermine your major accomplishment of scoring high enough for CGS-D! Congratulations!

Edited by angrycrustacean

Same! Just got the CGS-D!! Notified about 5 minutes ago on the Extranet and no email! I am at a Quebec institution and got my login mid-afternoon yesterday. Hang in there everyone! This is a wild ride. I got rejected from the FRQSC just about an hour ago and thought that this was it, no way I would get SSHRC. There is truly no way of predicting this, so don't get too focused on the timing, my impression is that really there is no way of knowing.

Just now, JHSinclair said:

Congratulations!!  That's interesting... and you will continue at an international school?  That seems to go against the guidance, but don't point it out to them!  Now you have got my hopes up (not really).

I already emailed them to ask... ?‍♂️ Hopefully that wasn't a mistake haha. In any case, I wasn't expecting to get that one, it should go to someone eligible.

41 minutes ago, angrycrustacean said:

Oh gosh, that sucks. Been through two of those myself as my wife works in healthcare. Here's hoping your positive and negative results are in the right places. ?

Haven't received link, but signed in using the "Forgot Password" trick and my e-mail as username. No results documents posted once I got in.

Thanks ❤️ And I hope your wife is ok!!! 

Still no extranet link for me either, and I'm afraid of being locked out with the wrong email. 

Congrats to all who are receiving good news! I still have my login from yesterday, but no results yet. To those who received their results, did you just check your Extranet page and see the documents posted? I'm wondering if I should just keep refreshing the page every so often instead of waiting for another email. 

Just now, imbadatusernames said:

Congrats to all who are receiving good news! I still have my login from yesterday, but no results yet. To those who received their results, did you just check your Extranet page and see the documents posted? I'm wondering if I should just keep refreshing the page every so often instead of waiting for another email. 

Yeah, I was refreshing off and on all morning and it was finally updated around 11:30. I haven’t received any emails.

Edited by PsycUndergrad

Just now, imbadatusernames said:

That's what I did. Probably your best bet. I still haven't received an email and I got my results at 9:15 AM.